• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nerath Wall/Oddfellows Inn
Night
Round 0

Morgrym looked over at Marius. “Easy enough. We kill ‘im,” the dwarf stated simply. “Mebbe I cut off wot wee thing makes ‘im a man, if ‘e dunnae leave Adelia an’ the lassies alone. Or I burn ‘im, or strike ‘im wi’ lightnin’. I got options.” He swung his axe up onto his shoulder.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 59/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Morgrym looked over at Marius. “Easy enough. We kill ‘im,” the dwarf stated simply. “Mebbe I cut off wot wee thing makes ‘im a man, if ‘e dunnae leave Adelia an’ the lassies alone. Or I burn ‘im, or strike ‘im wi’ lightnin’. I got options.” He swung his axe up onto his shoulder.

"We're not in wilderness, you will yourself get killed. Either by his goons, I doubt he is alone, or the law, such as it is here. Just wait, please. Let's sort stuff first. He will not go anywhere. Please?"
The monk is adamant. If the fool dwarf goes on anyhow, he will follow from the shadows and serve as surprise backup. And he might get monks as additional support.

HAGADARK
"Go tell that to Gorak, friend!" - the stubby one mocks in his strong accent as Hagadark ignores him, deep in thought.

"Yes." calmly.

Both gnomes seem offended at Hagadark's suggestions, rising at an instant. This time the tall one takes the word.

"Oh, you got some nerve, orc, waltzing in here, stinking a' road and ox arse, and calling me soft! Ya' think you can boss us around, do you, orc? You think we can't hold our weight in a battle because we're short, ey? Well, you're not very impressive, I say, none of you are! We may be small, but we stab you, won't you bleed? AYE, YOU'LL BLEED! And I tell you more..." - some small hand tries to stop him by resting on his shoulder, but he shakes it off, still facing the shaman the best way he can - "...Words are for naught when war comes! We're gonna go to the fields and we'll show you what's soft and what's not! WE'RE GONNA GIVE YOU A RUN FOR YOUR MONEY, YOU AND YOUR ARSE KISSING, BELLY-DRAGGIN', FILTH-FLOUNDERING, TODDLER-MUMBLING ORCS!" - heads turn towards the gnome, now, either in fear or in anticipation. "AND WHEN WE'RE DONE, YOU AND YOUR LIZARDS ARE STILL GONNA LOOK DOWN TO FIND US... BUT THIS TIME YOU'LL BE SHUDDERING IN FEAR!" - confused faces glance at him as he and his companion march out, pissed as one can be, to do exactly what Hagadark had commanded him to do so. Some applaud his effort - probably in pity, while others are silent in fear of the shaman... A handful of dwarves - more than the gnome would have wished for - laugh out loudly: a gnome in rage is a sight to behold, be it rare... or simply amusing.

"You call us greenskins. You're softskins to us. I didn't call you soft, you called yourself soft. As for insults...
I would call your dad humoungous, fungus-infected rat, but even your mother, mangy badger she is, had enough pride to refuse him. So he got rid of the fungus."
the shaman starts the insult contest, but he is more amused than insulted. He knows he shouldn't provoke the gnome any further, but luckily, both storm out before he could finish. He shrugs and looks around.
"Fiercesome people, gnomes, what? We will need such in the upcoming war."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Night
Round 0

Morgrym glared at Marius, then looked to Adelia. He grumbled into his beard. “Fine,” he said, stumping back to the table. “We will take care o ‘im later. Feed ‘im t’ the pigs, I say, nae one’ll know.”

Morgrym yelled for more ale.

Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
MARIUS

MONKS

As the monks realize the danger that surrounds the refugees, they quickly agree to cooperate. Apparently, their disposition extends to Dram's plans and continued presence in the valley.

"We understand the limitations that are involved in any sort of investigation. But we also need to ensure that, when the time comes, Dram will be on our side of the conflict." - Lao-zi continues. "We have already exposed the refugees to dangers thus far unknown to us." - he says with a hint of regret in his voice.

COMPANIONS

Arvana lowers her eyes for a second, satisfied with the monk's reaction. "I'd say my people would be glad to aid Maran's cause, especially with valorous men such as yourselves behind it." - she falls silent, as if inclined to forget the compliment that just came out of her lips. "When the time to protect the mountaineers come, count on me, as well."

GNOMES

The small fellows leave the hall under Hagadark's continued provocations, but they're too distressed and hurried to answer. A hint of a plan pervades the two as they leave, something that's glimpsed by a sudden coup d'oeil from the monk. Still, they disappear through the door before they can be called back. Around them, laughter breaks the solemn, contained manners that overtook the hall thus far. It seems no one's willing to take the gnomes seriously - or to defy the presence of the orc.

HAGADARK

As the gnomes storm out of the hall, laughter explodes around Hagadark's attacks. The shaman feels the tension in the air. No one in there is very fond of orcs, and the orcs do not covet shortmen's presence as well. Still, gnomes and halflings tend to keep to themselves. Perhaps they know how dangerous it would be to stoke the fires of orc violence within the valley, or perhaps it's their tendency to keep to themselves, but such displays of aggressiveness are rare from their part. Dwarves, on the other hand, tend to be more outspoken, and after the gnomes leave, one of the bartenders, burly and covered in scars, confirm such notion.

"You look like a smart fellow, my friend..." - he approaches Hadagark, remaining behind the counter. "I'd measure my words in here. This is not the Dead Halfman..." - his clenched teeth show no fear or love for the orc. "...Only workers here." - his low tone of voice translates real concern for everyone's well-fare. "But they're still mine workers, don't forget, strong and able." - Hagadark glances around, seeing that the joke was taken lightly, but more than a few dwarven faces haven't taken the altercation lightly. "Don't worry, they won't blame you. They know honor as well as you do. But some would put coin above it, and shorties have friends." - he cleans a mug and offers a dark beverage from a skin. "Here... Might be more to your liking." - to Hagadark's surprise, he fills the mug with dark, thick grog. "Got it from one of your associates at the settlement. On the house." - he says as he pours.

MORGRYM

The young lady watches as the dwarf and the monk debate their next steps. She seems satisfied with their promises, keeping to herself at first. After a few moments of silence, she asks of the companions secrecy.

"I'm sorry, but these walls have proven to be unsafe before. The Oddfellows are against any sort of shady business, but there are some here that might sell the information out there." - she looks around, vigilant against dangers she's unable to identify. "Either way, they're dangerous people. Their alleys are constantly watched."

Arvana intervenes once more.

"Very well. If we're to do it, we should decide how we're gonna go about all the tasks ahead. I trust that the entire region will be in disarray soon enough, with armies gathering everywhere. It'll be a lot harder to travel. Also, if we decided that Dram isn't reliable, we can't consider the valley a safe spot. And, by the gods, once we set on our path we'll need a place to return to, I bet. As for the places we might need to reach... I believe all knowledge in this valley is held by Dram. With mountains taken, Maran under siege and roads under threat, we've less options as time flies by. So, my first question is: are we going to destroy the thing?"
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Don't worry, Adelia, we'll see to the problem. We just need to discuss something first."

To Arvana
"Destroy? Certainly! Such a thing cannot be allowed to exist. The question is, do we get the Tideruler first? And what do we need to do to accomplish either of those goals." Marius thinks for a moment and addresses whole group
"We also need to decide if the knowledge Dram has to offer is worth risking the use of The Enslaver? We may be able to find everything by ourselves, but we will need time, which we may not have. I will respect the decision of the group, my vote is NOT to allow the use of such a thing. And one other thing, I vote we allow Hagadark to join us. He may provide some insight into Dram and prevent violence if we encounter orc parties once we start. He seems well respected here."

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

Adelia's beady eyes glimmer as she expresses her gratitude. Being used to the hardships of the fields, her voice translates a kind of fortitude that melts away before the sagacious turns of a roguish mind. Morgrym reminds her soft complaints, covered by resignation as she climbed the slopes chasing after rabbits, trying to make supper for eight out of the small creatures. This time, though, beneath her strong countenance a trembling sensation rises. Perhaps it is anger, perhaps fear. Maybe both.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Night
Round 0

“I dunnae like the orc,” Morgrym grumbles. “Trundlin’ us up ‘ere like prisoners. But ‘e seems t’ know a bit wot’s gaein’ on.” The dwarven druid sighed. “An’ Dram seems t’ know, tae. Given we’re pressed on time an’ travel will be difficult an’ dangerous, findin’ wot ‘e knows on our own might no’ be feasible. If Dram wants t’ enslave his damn self t’ the dagger, mebbe we shuild let ‘im. After we get the information we came f’r.”

He gave Adelia’s leg a reassuring squeeze.

Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions:

Spells Prepared

Shayuri

First Post
"There'll be a price for Dram's help," Shayuri says quietly. "Before we decide if it's worth the prize, maybe explore other options? He must have learned what he knows somewhere. Where are the sages in these lands? The schools?"

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

"There'll be a price for Dram's help," Shayuri says quietly. "Before we decide if it's worth the prize, maybe explore other options? He must have learned what he knows somewhere. Where are the sages in these lands? The schools?"

The continental areas are not as cultured as the lands of Ashir. In its days of glory, ashirian dynasties built libraries and academies, making knowledge almost universally accessible. The colonies were more concerned with gold and production balances, and the nature of its knowledge became quite limited because of it. Nevertheless, Shayuri is quite aware of other possibilities. The Overseers, for example, might offer insight on future things, and maybe even mystical secrets. The sabians are known to have held to some traditions, despite being a fishermen community. Maybe some mage still resides amidst them. The best bets, though, are the gnomish libraries beyond Kaladrias - although the trip alone would take the time they don't have - or Phylamon's Watch, built long ago by mages of the native humans of Gaelia. Some say they share ascendance with the Blood Witches of the north, but no one's sure.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads