PF IC - Tideruler: The Fall of Laholt

The mutated Alice beelines for one of the nearest healers, intent on doing something unpleasant with whatever holy symbols or sprigs of holly she wound up getting ahold of. Long, serpentine arms distracted her target as she struck with a still expertly formed fencer's lunge. Her grumbling laughter upon striking true was far more disturbing that the cultured affectation that she typically held.

Alice rapier attacks (assuming a full attack and studied combat.): 1D20+18+6 = [17]+18+6 = 41
1D6+8+6 = [5]+8+6 = 19
1D20+13+6 = [19]+13+6 = 38
1D6+8+6 = [5]+8+6 = 19

Roll to confirm critical: 1D20+13+6 = [18]+13+6 = 37
1D6+8 = [3]+8 = 11
 
Guys, had to delay everything for a series of reasons - the main of which being the lack of a place to work in the last week. I've finished reordering the place, though, and I'll update everything tomorrow (my day off, hopefully!) Please, spread the word to the other games as well.

Later!
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Guys, had to delay everything for a series of reasons - the main of which being the lack of a place to work in the last week. I've finished reordering the place, though, and I'll update everything tomorrow (my day off, hopefully!) Please, spread the word to the other games as well.

Later!
Day off was less off than you hoped? :D
 
[Waaay less, man... As I mentioned to @Neurotic, I assumed a bunch of unexpected responsibilities back at my job. After two layoffs, we had to double up to cover for the absent. Sorry for that. I'm returning and I'm bringing in a proper schedule now! As for the scene, I'm wrapping it up, so we can focus on proper strategic game! Please, give me a shout, so I know you're out there, guys! No more slow-downs! We're back and we're the real deal now! Without further ado, let's continue!]

[Quick summary: the heroes were called to Alesia to investigate a mysterious plague. After questioning the locals briefly, they were surprised by a sudden Drow attack, coming from the western caves. Now, they deliver the final blow to the careless army, as their might descends upon the invaders...]



EVERYONE


Confused and panicked, the drow fight against each other. Those who escaped the worst of the heroes' spells run away from the battle, seeking refuge within the caves once more! Zyara, Alice, Arduniel, the Batknight, Moss, Aranel and Daxio manage to bring many more down as they flee for their lives! Alesian warriors move forward, encouraged by the victory granted by the heroes, their cries invigorated by the very names of their saviors!

Behind them, the fields still rise smoke from the dying rain of fire... The bodies of many an enemy cover the floor, as well as thick, black blood. The heroes glance at each other, the battle won with little effort, thanks to their combined powers.

The sounds of battle flow towards the mountains and into the black recesses of the caves in the basin. The fields are bruised by the conflict, but silence begins to settle once more.

Their rest is short-lived, though. From the height of the mountains, a flying formation comes down, detached from those that followed west, moments before. Seven knights, clad in black and riding fiery nightmares, cry out as they reach the floor, riding at full speed against the heroes! Behind them, the Drow run from the alesian forces, ignoring the recent arrivals. Heroes and knights are alone in the fields, each group facing the other. Fiery weapons are brandished by the attackers. At the far left and far right of their lines, a horn is blown and a banner flies proudly. Jousting lances risen, they're soon to be brought down against the heroes, should they allow. The nightmares barely touch the floor, making the charge eerily silent. They could leap upwards in flight at any moment!


"YOU! YOU ARE THE ONES WE HOPED FOR! YOU ARE WORTHY OF OUR PROWESS! FACE US, SO VICTORY IN HONORED COMBAT GRANTS GLORY TO THE VICTOR!"
- cries the knight in the center.

MAP UPDATED

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l8d4JfuERBlwxOyxyeHt2aMphSnGFqDDH64Exv6yQ88/edit

@Neurotic @KahlessNestor @Charlotte of Oz @MetaVoid @Kaodi @jmucchiello [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
"In all of my encounters with the drow," answers the Bat, pointing at the knight in the centre with his bloody black sword, "I cannot say 'honour' is a word that ever came much to mind."
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon
Round 4

Daxio sighed as the knights on nightmares raced toward them. He started going through the spells he still had available. “Really? After we just wiped the valley with your army?” He sighed dramatically.

Initiative: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25


[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 122/122 NL: 0
AC: 19 FF: 14 T: 15
CMD: 20
Fort: 10 Ref: 10 Will: 13
Armed: Dagger
Arcane Reservoir: 5/15/day
Consume Spells: 5/5/day

Conditions: Detect Magic (108 r), Message (1191 r), Fly (115 r)(60’), Greater Invisibility (8 r)

Spells Prepared
0 (9): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic
1 (7/7, prep 5): Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Magic Missile, Vanish
2 (6/6, prep 5): Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3 (5/6, prep 4): Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4 (3/6, prep 3): Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5 (6/6, prep 2): Dominate Person, Hold Monster
6 (1/3, prep 1): Mass Suggestion

Spell Book:
0: All
1: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Featherfall, Grease, Liberating Command, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield, Silent Image, Vanish
2: Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3: Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4: Black Tentacles, Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5: Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Hold Monster
6: Greater Dispel, Mass Suggestion
[/sblock]
 

Shayuri

Villager
At the sound of hoofbeats, even faint, Aranel turns to see this new threat. A formation of nightmares bearing drow champions.

"The monologue almost makes me want not to face them, just to spite them," she sighs. "Almost."

With an incantation she summons a pulsing sphere of fire and light between her palms, keeping it trapped in a tiny vortex of wind that whips at her clothes and jewelry.

(Are we rerolling initiative, or keeping our counts from before? Well, just to be safe: [roll0])
(On her turn Aranel will cast Empowered Fireball at the center of the drow formation, or if they've moved before she casts, at a spot where she can hit as many as possible without hitting allies. The spell has a Reflex save at DC 22 for half, doing [roll1] +50% base damage.)
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
OOC: Welcome back! And you do know we'll wipe them out before they move since you have casters first round, right? Initiative for relative speeds of PCs, maybe? So you can resolve spells in proper manner :)
Initiative: 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19

How much time has passed? i.e. do we assume our spells ran their course?


Arduniel seethes at the sight of more drow defiling his land. His rage had plenty of time to cool down however and his intellect plays over several scenarios. As usual, his casting is speech only, but it is tongue-twister. It also twists perceptions of some of the warriors facing them, making them believe what is not.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: float 5' down
Standard: cast falsify senses Will DC 17 to resist on Z7, Z11 and Z15 (spending 2 destruction charges, I planned something else earlier, but this has so much potential for chaos :) )

They now see those directly left to them as Daxio, Bat and Aranel respectively, while their companions are among us, seemingly wrapped in chains and immobile. SIGHT ONLY.
[/sblock]

OOC:
Charges: 0
Scripts:
Striking 1/2
Float 1/2
Alter Flow 1/2
Miasma 1/2
Negation: 1/2
Falsify Senses 1/1
 
Last edited:
EVERYONE

"In all of my encounters with the drow," answers the Bat, pointing at the knight in the centre with his bloody black sword, "I cannot say 'honour' is a word that ever came much to mind."

"I agree," Zyara says. "We know not that they are worthy of us. Nor what honor they might possess."
"We granted you a place among enemies, as equals... More than your inferior existences deserve! Presently, you shall see what it means to fight with honor... And then we shall kill you!" - one of the knights point the lance defyingly, responding to Batknight's and Zyara's threats. The knight knows that this battle won't be without risk, though: the warriors before them are members of the Autumn Court, servants of the queen herself. Not all of them fight here today, apparently, but these riders might even claim their lives, should they be careless.

“Really? After we just wiped the valley with your army?”
"Those pathetic foot soldiers were nothing compared to us! You shall soon follow them! But be not sad, mortal! We'll raise our glasses in your memory... As we tell the tale of our crushing victory! - the first knight agitates his lance as he rides forward, arrogance overtaking his voice!

"The monologue almost makes me want not to face them, just to spite them," she sighs. "Almost."
"Oh, draconian maiden, come!" - a feminine voice bursts from one of the helmets. "Come and face me, then, and I shall prove to you why the Autumn Court deserves to rule the elfic race! Come and pay for your arrogance, surface dweller! - the nightmare rides even faster now, fueled by the amazon's rage.

INITIATIVE ORDER:

Daxio
Non-casting knights
Casting knights + Zyara
Arduniel
Aranel

To roll: Batknight, Alice, Moss


MINI-SHEETS!


AUTUMN CHAMPIONS


[SBLOCK]
The 'Round Table' of the Autumn Court, these knights are equally skilled warriors and bards. Their courtly talents are unmatched in the Underworld. Strangely, not every knight fights today....

TO HIT: +23
CBM: +17
CBD: +30
AC: 30(24/26)
HP: 120
FOR+15 REF +10 WILL +14
DAMAGE: Lance of jousting (1D8+7)(double in charge); two-handed sword (1D10+7)
SPECIAL: damage reduction - blungeoning/magic - 15; spell resistance - 13; channel negative energy (on attack) - +5D6 damage; blasphemy (3x/day); phobia (2x/day); shadowbard (1x/day)
[/SBLOCK]


NIGHTMARE

[SBLOCK]
TO HIT:+9/+4
CMB: +11
CMD: +26
HP:71
DAMAGE: 1d4+4 - bite - 1d6+2 hooves (+1d4 fire)
FOR+8 REF+7 WILL+3
SPECIAL: cloud of smoke 15 feet - skcness 1d6 minutes - FOR 16 denies (1 round duration, conceals as obscuring mist)
[/SBLOCK]


ENEMY STATUS


[SBLOCK]
KNIGHT 1 (HORN) - 120
KNIGHT 2 - 120
KNIGHT 3 - 120
KNIGHT 4 - 120
KNIGHT 5 - 120
KNIGHT 6 - 120
KNIGHT 7 (BANNER)- 120
KNIGHT 1 - 120

MOUNT 1 - 71
MOUNT 2 - 71
MOUNT 3 - 71
MOUNT 4 - 71
MOUNT 5 - 71
MOUNT 6 - 71
MOUNT 7 - 71
[/SBLOCK]

@Neurotic @Shayuri @Charlotte of Oz @MetaVoid @KahlessNestor @Kaodi
 
OOC: 1 and 7 are casting this turn. I'll always add numbers. I'm numbering them on the map, but you can assume that they're being counted from top (1) to bottom (7) in order. The horn knight is the top one and the banner knight, thr bottom one!
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Initiative: 1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8

Green dragon licks from his chops drow and demon blood. He stands still, his legs half-buried into the soil. Small wounds and scrapes he suffered in the short battle close over as magic of the boots share the life of the soil with him. He is, however, slow to respond to this new threat. Which of course doesn't make him any less dangerous. He snarls at the theatrics and looks around for hidden enemies for which these could just be a distraction.

Perception: 1D20+17 = [6]+17 = 23 - let's hope this is it for the low rolls...
 

Shayuri

Villager
(oh, so we ARE doing initiative...drat...I may revise my fireball action then, depending on what happens before me this round. :))
 
"Hrm." The mutated tiefling looked at the puny drow, elongated arms on guard. "Well, I don't want to, but if you're all insisting on a fight..."

Deciding not to make the first move - maybe drow were all bluster and this was how they said hello - she clicked the stub on one of the strange devices in her employ, surrounding her with a skin-tight field of faintly shimmering force.

OOC: Alice Chalk Initiative: 1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8


Taking action to activate Ablative Barrier, which converts the first 5 points of lethal damage to nonlethal damage. (Lasts for 50 points.)
 

Advertisement

Top