Pathfinder 1E IC - Tideruler: The Fall of Laholt

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon
Round 0

“Oh yes, an angry mob. How fun,” Daxio said drolly as he followed the others. “What could ever go wrong?” He mentally went through in his head the spells he had memorized. If the mob wasn’t leaderless, it would go better.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action: Cast Message
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 122/122 NL: 0
AC: 19 FF: 14 T: 15
CMD: 20
Fort: 10 Ref: 10 Will: 13
Armed: Dagger
Arcane Reservoir: 9/15/day
Consume Spells: 5/5/day

Conditions: Detect Magic (116 r), Message (1199 r)

Spells Prepared
0 (9): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic
1 (4/4/5): Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Magic Missile, Vanish
2 (4/4/5): Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3 (4/4/4): Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4 (4/4/3): Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5 (4/4/2): Dominate Person, Hold Monster
6 (2/2/1): Mass Suggestion

Spell Book:
0: All
1: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Featherfall, Grease, Liberating Command, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield, Silent Image, Vanish
2: Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3: Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4: Black Tentacles, Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5: Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Hold Monster
6: Greater Dispel, Mass Suggestion
[/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

The group leaves the throne room behind as a sudden glimmer and an implosion push Gallena into nothingness. After her disappearance, the area remains silent, as does the courtyard. Only the owl's flight breaks the monotony as the group descends the old way beyond the entrance.

From a distance, Moss's already capable of seeing the mob increasing in size. Even before the heroes have a chance of approaching, the horn is blown three times. The mob seems to rally in a circle. At the head of it sits the Firbolg with the horn, expectant and menacing in appearance. Now people come from all four corners of the city, gathering at the center in a surprising speed. Soft-stepped elves, rough-looking giants, indifferent nymphs, shy dryads, glimmering-eyed gnomes, all come to the Plaza, occupying tumbled stones, twisted branches and forgotten benches to accommodate. As the heroes approach, the mob has turned into a good twenty souls, and it'll possibly double in the next few minutes.

From a distance, Zyara can feel the tension pilling up by the contours of the rebellious bunch. Body language speaks, and she can see the rigidness of tensed muscles all around. The same goes for both Aranel and Daxio. The place radiates magical energies, as if fate itself was being conjured in front of the coterie. Diviners, mages and all sorts of magical creatures grunt and moan as magic energies pile up through meditation and cantrips. Arduniel feels a different sort of sparkle rising up: where the foreign duo senses wild energies at play, Arduniel feels hate pushing the lay lines to explosive directions. Pragmatic Alice recognizes the faces of mutiny, a common sight among pirates and a widespread practice wherever power struggles to spread.

Focused on the happenstances at the center of the improvised arena, odds are the gathering won't perceive the heroes, if they're stealthy enough.

[Ok, what would you like to do? :)]

BAT KNIGHT

On the other side of the city, under a sum of cropped-up canopies, satyrs, gnomes and elves gather to drink the small ferments of surrounding trees, breaking the fruits to sip from the oddly-conceived liquids. Petite Calliope, mistress of transmutation, managed to conceive such trees to sate the tastes of her patrons. Around, the small wood invades a large part of the Causeway, serving as a natural shelter to house her inn, the Honeydew. She's become famous for breeding her own delicacies - some of which are even known for their addictive nature - having pixies for keepers and wooden platforms for suspended eating rooms.

Right now, she leans over the Bat, offering all sorts of dishes and drinks. The activity became a practical joke for her - she tries to lure him into showing his mouth, at the very least, even though she holds small hope of this ever happening. Placed at the furthermost area of the Honeydew, the Bat listens to the distant musical dashes of the bards, so very different than the solemn movements of his homeland. Smiling Calliope continues to taunt him, only to cease her efforts all of a sudden.

"You are no fun, sir." - she glides to a pillow, clearly exhausted of trying. "But at the very least I can tend to you without making count of all the fuss going on around" - her high-pitched voice seems truly annoyed.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] [MENTION=6847138]Charlotte of Oz[/MENTION] [MENTION=1231]Kaodi[/MENTION]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Mos decides to introduce himself to new members of the group before they confront the mob. It is always better to NOT be targeted by friendly fire if it comes to that.

Flying low between the bushes, he leaves the mobs vicinity and dodges left-right-left between the growth before nearly colliding with the owl leading the group. He flares up his wings in front of the bird and is rewarded with a satisfying and most un-owl like squak. He is ready for the bird collision, just in case the instincts on this one are weak or it is directly controlled by a non-flyer.

Grinning, he settles in front of the group in flurry of wings and small amount of dust.
He bows to Arduniel and Alice.
"Don't be alarmed. I am Fintir Kothar and I am part of this group. A scout you might say. Nice to meet you, master Arduniel. Miss...?"
After quick introductions, he describes what happened with the mob.
"There are two priests or druids, rabble rousing. If you have abilities to calm many people at once, now would be good time to use it. Daxio, this may be a challenge even for a diplomat such as you. Come on!"

[roll0]

"Please, no deaths. They are just frightened, normal people. Even instigators may be just thinking they would solve the crisis better. Improving ones lot in life is one of the curses of intelligence." Arduniel pleads with the group.
"I can weaken some people, but otherwise, my spells are destructive in nature. I can however call the celestial to calm the crowd if needed."

OOC: Ari has always on Aegis (mage armor extended to 24h) and Natures Embrace (Endure elements + immediate resist energy).
In addition he now prepares to conjure Vulpinal Agathion which has
[sblock=Special ability]
Calm Emotions Aura (Su)
A vulpinal’s aura acts like a calm emotions spell with a radius of 30 feet. Any creature entering this area must make a Will save (DC 16) to resist the effect. A creature that makes its save is immune to that vulpinal’s aura for 24 hours. The save DC is Charisma-based.
[/sblock]

but foregoes the spell for the moment since it has low duration

Engrossed in his discussion, he notices new arrival only after he is already on the ground.
"Nice to meet you face to face, Mos. It was an impressive display of stealth back there. Even guardian-watchers didn't react to your presence. You could be good to shock the crowd if they surge...so maybe cooler heads prevail or at least someone gets to speak. Aranel, you are known around here, could you?"

Kaodi

Hero
Behind the mask of his shrouded helm the Bat smiles wryly. "I do not mean to be a bore, Madame Calliope," he says, his voice smooth. "If it is any consolation all the dishes you have tempted me with do look and smell delicious." The hospitality of the Honeydew and its proprietor had been a welcome change from some of the places he had stayed on the road. Not that he necessarily blamed anyone - a mysterious knight all in black could justifiably rouse suspicion in many quarters. But Calliope had greeted his steadfast refusal to show himself with playfulness rather than mounting displeasure.

His interest piqued though the knight leans back in his seat and inquires, "Is trouble brewing? I have been keeping to myself mostly the last few nights."

Last edited:

CharlotteOz

Explorer
"Alice," said the tiefling, upon Mos' arrival. "And I agree, no deaths. Maybe we shouldn't lean on magic straight away? A lot of people resent being forced to calm down. Maybe best to avoid them unless they look like a serious, imminent threat."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon
Round 0

“Is confronting the crowd really what we are here for, though?” Daxio asked. “Should we not just go around and go on to the Causeway and complete our mission? I will try and talk them down if you wish.”

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 122/122 NL: 0
AC: 19 FF: 14 T: 15
CMD: 20
Fort: 10 Ref: 10 Will: 13
Armed: Dagger
Arcane Reservoir: 9/15/day
Consume Spells: 5/5/day

Conditions: Detect Magic (116 r), Message (1199 r)

Spells Prepared
0 (9): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic
1 (4/4/5): Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Magic Missile, Vanish
2 (4/4/5): Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3 (4/4/4): Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4 (4/4/3): Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5 (4/4/2): Dominate Person, Hold Monster
6 (2/2/1): Mass Suggestion

Spell Book:
0: All
1: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Featherfall, Grease, Liberating Command, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield, Silent Image, Vanish
2: Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3: Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4: Black Tentacles, Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5: Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Hold Monster
6: Greater Dispel, Mass Suggestion
[/sblock]

"I didn't mean we open up with magic. I just thought to warn you not to react with violence. And yes, Daxio, we could go around...but how do you know you will not find out something talking to the people? Furthermore, what use is stopping the plague if we end up with half population at war with the other half? I know you're the visitor here, but I have to live here. And besides, attack on the castle - if that is really what this is about - will cause harm to, or deaths of, many. You saw the wards up there." Arduniel offers his oppinion
"I know you humans are always in the rush. Completing the mission. Learning something. You miss so much of life by not paying attention. Completing this mission will not be as simple as going somewhere and killing something. Please, lets take it slow and talk to them. Dispel fears. Engender trust if you can, it is solely lacking in our closed-in culture. It would probably be better if Aranel spoke first, but I would not stop you if you think shocking the fey with your appearance can help."

Remove ads