• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

PF IC - Tideruler: The Fall of Laholt

Kaodi

Adventurer
The Bat grits his teeth. His foe was proving troublesome, striking above his weight, so to speak. "Whatever happens do not interfere between this one and I," he shouts to his companions.

And then beneath his mask his eyes narrow. His voice a whisper, such that only his foe may hear him, the Bat says in his native tongue, the weight of the long years of exile upon him, "My name has gone unspoken for many years. But should you strike me down I trust you will find some inspiration - - brother!"

As he finishes that last syllable the Batknight suddenly launches a torrent of adamant upon his foe!

[sblock=Attacks]Full Attack: 1D20+24 = [7]+24 = 31
1D8+12 = [8]+12 = 20
1D20+19 = [13]+19 = 32
1D8+12 = [3]+12 = 15
1D20+14 = [14]+14 = 28
1D8+12 = [4]+12 = 16
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"Hah, only cowards flee leaving their brethren to die. Begone cowards," Zyara says to the disappearing knights, hoping they aren't just invisible. She turns and surveys the battle to see who she should aid. (Waiting for map update.)
 
"My own kind?" Alice frowns, taking a moment to examine those departing a little more carefully - though she keeps up with one single attack, for appearances' sake. "You're saying you're tieflings then?"

OOC:
It might not necessarily be an action, but no harm in adding a little realism - so Alice spends a move on her Arcana check. Alice check for Knowledge - Arcana: 1D20+14+1D6 = [3]+14+[2] = 19


And an attack: Alice attack & damage roll, factoring in Studied Combat: 1D20+18+6 = [20]+18+6 = 44
1D6+8+6 = [1]+8+6 = 15

Alice critical damage: 1D6 = [1] = 1
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon
Round 10

Spellcraft: 1D20+24 = [1]+24 = 25
Forgot the -2 for Sickened, so it’s a 23
Spellcraft: 1D20+22 = [13]+22 = 35
Perception: 1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3


Daxio groaned as he was struck again by one of the drow. He shifted and held out his hands, muttering the arcane words that sent a sheet of flame out to bathe the drow and their mounts.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action: Cast Burning Hands. DC 20 Reflex
Spell Resistance: 1D20+14 = [5]+14 = 19
Burning Hands fire damage: 5D4 = [2, 3, 4, 2, 3] = 14
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Conditions: Detect Magic (101 r), Message (1184 r), Fly (108 r)(60’), Greater Invisibility (1 r); Smoke 20% miss chance; Sickened (-2 everything)(59r)

HP: 66/122 NL: 0
AC: 19 FF: 14 T: 15
CMD: 20
Fort: 10 Ref: 10 Will: 13
Armed: Dagger
Arcane Reservoir: 4/15/day
Consume Spells: 5/5/day

Spells Prepared
0 (9): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic
1 (6/7, prep 5): Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Magic Missile, Vanish
2 (6/6, prep 5): Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3 (5/6, prep 4): Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4 (3/6, prep 3): Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5 (6/6, prep 2): Dominate Person, Hold Monster
6 (0/3, prep 1): Mass Suggestion

Spell Book:
0: All
1: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Featherfall, Grease, Liberating Command, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield, Silent Image, Vanish
2: Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3: Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4: Black Tentacles, Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5: Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Hold Monster
6: Greater Dispel, Mass Suggestion
[/sblock]
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
OOC:
[MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION], Arduniel teleports to T13 about 30' in the air +/- 1 square in any direction [roll0] leaving him in S14. From there he casts his magic missiles as described earlier.

Thank you for using Smoke tattoo, I should remember to mention it every round, not just at the begining of combat. I cannot quicken another script.

I should also mention that Arduniel feels every Transmutation and Necromancy (tattoos) spell around himself and automatically counters dispel magic targeted at him (ring of counterspells)
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
OOC: So did anything happen to hinder the disappearing knights? I haven't done Zyara's actions this turn as I'm waiting for that to resolve. I suppose I'll have her go rescue the folks in back.


[They're basically gone. Zyara's free to pursue the others if she so chooses. I'll grade some papers and I'll post later on. My deadline just got pulled back. Yay. :)]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[[PART 1]]

DAXIO


As Daxio maneuvers against the enemies, he realizes that both knights in the front line used teleportation to leave the battlefield! By the time he notices, he may still do something about it, if he so chooses.

[@KahlessNestor, you can counter the teleport if you want. It'll count as a remaining action from your last turn. I'll resolve your action for this turn as follows.]

As fire bursts from the caster's hands, the nightmares pull back, targeting both knights and mounts! They struggle against the flames, their sets of armor blackening under the magical heat.

"Fool! Your flames only feed our hate!" - he overhears the voice of the female rider. That might be true for the knigths, but the mounts feel the pain and try to shake the riders off! Both knights manage to control their mounts, though.

[Ok, you deliver damage against both mounts, but the knights' damage reduction cuts your spell short, nullifying the damage against the riders.]


MAP UPDATED

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...4Exv6yQ88/edit

[Joe, as I mentioned before, both knights teleport away. There's a chance Daxio counters. Any other casters may do so as well. Given that Daxio succeeds in his roll and has message, he can send the info to anyone as soon as a free action, I'll allow anyone to counter without any further recon tests for the spell - Daxio can just inform the others of the teleport, after all. I assume only Daxio went for the shot. As it stands now, both teleport away. I'll just wait for KahlessNestor's confirmation - if he chooses to counter the teleportation or not. @MetaVoid, I've considered the other effects so far! I've mini-sheeted all effects on my notes - I'll prepare a specific window for this, so we can make the game more agile and avoid necessary corrections during battle. Also, I've updated Arduniel's position on the map. Sorry for the difficulties. As soon as finish the bulk of my work here, I'll have a 2.0 version of our information trading system. It should be way more organized and easier to roll after that! Thanks for the patience, guys! It's the first time I DM-pbf something this big. ]

@KahlessNestor @MetaVoid @Kaodi @Charlotte of Oz @Neurotic @Shayuri
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
OOC: No worries. I'll make action based on the teleports succeeding. I have a 5-foot step.


After calling them cowards, Zyara turns around and see another knight nearby. She steps toward him (k4) and trips him. As he falls, she strikes out at him twice. Once he's down she strikes him again right in the throat and again in the forehead to finish him off.

Start with a trip attempt: 1D20+26 = [11]+26 = 37 Trip succeeds

Two AoOs with Power Attack: 1D20+22 = [1]+22 = 23 Miss
2D8+1D6+17 = [7, 7]+[3]+17 = 34
1D20+22 = [10]+22 = 32 Hit
2D8+1D6+17 = [2, 8]+[6]+17 = 33

KNIGHT 4 – 120 - 96 - 83 - 50

Two flurry attacks with Power Attack: 1D20+22 = [20]+22 = 42 Crit
2D8+1D6+17 = [5, 1]+[1]+17 = 24
1D20+22 = [8]+22 = 30 HIT
2D8+1D6+17 = [2, 5]+[4]+17 = 28

Confirm crit: 1D20+22 = [15]+22 = 37 Confirmed
2D8+1D6+17 = [3, 6]+[1]+17 = 27

KNIGHT 4 – 120 - 96 - 83 - 50 - -1 - -29 DEAD

Zyara looks up at Batknight, wiping her hands on the dead knight's clothes. "There are more of them behind us."
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Ignoring the mount, Finthir Kothar dives onto the closest knight. One crunch later, the armor crumples under the small, but mighty jaw and the knight crumples. Of course, wisps of acid coming off ruined armor may have something to do with how easy the metal surrendered to the bite.

OOC: if we could capture more of them we could use the gems to appear wherever - in the middle of the fey court ready for battle would probably be short, but exciting :)

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Fly to R 13
Attack: Bite vs Knight 6; Damage; Holy Damage: 1D20+25 = [17]+25 = 42
2D6+15 = [2, 4]+15 = 21
2D6 = [4, 4] = 8
- KILL
[/sblock]
 
I'm coming up with a cleaner way for us to get organized. No problem, [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]! Thanks for the heads-up, [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION]. I'm documenting stuff and I'll update during weekend. If everything goes according to plan, I'll follow the weekly schedule with no problems from now on.
 
[[PART 2]]

ARDUNIEL (REACTION - COUNTERSPELL)

The elf reverses the spell between his lips. Gesturing quickly, he tries to bring the gem's effects down. For a second, he senses the spell surrendering to his effort, words clashing with words, the sheer power of both casters clashing around him. His wrath collides with the arcane incantations, the tendrils of dark magic spreading around to move the knight far away, while his own words attempt to surround him, keeping the spell from completing... The effort is too great! By the time the gem's spell almost breaks, his own spiritual strength falters, and he relinquishes control! The spell barely succeeds, teleporting the knight for parts unknown!


[Ok, the counterspell failed by a low margin! I'm considering the counterspell as a reaction, so Arduniel's still capable of launching the missiles. I'll resolve his regular actions according to turn order.]



ZYARA


The monk reaches the knight right after Batknight's pleas. The opponent motions and prepares for a proper duel.

"Aaaah, brother... I knew it! The legends are true! You are the..! - as the knight speaks, Zyara brings him down, slaying him before he's able to react!

Broken, the knight glances with a pair of red, bloodied eyes towards the Batknight.

"... Darkest Knight.... Bane of the Drow.... " - his crippled hand trembles as Zyara delivers the final strike on his forehead!

[Ok, 4's down!]

ENEMIES

Freed from its rider, the beast before Moss charges, spilling smoke and crying in rage! It bites and stomps in vain as the dragon dodges!


[Nightmare 1 bites and stomps. It misses both attacks.]


Right behind them, the now peerless rider points the lance towards Alice, advancing and attacking!

"You're saying you're tieflings then?"
"We are superior! As you are, maiden!" - he charges, oddly enough using the side of the lance to try and bring her down. "Come, now, join us!" - he bashes her once against her ribs, and twice as the lance returns. "Do not force me to sequester you!"

His voice seems almost... Fraternal. An odd notion for the Drow, known for their cruelty and cunning, even amidst themselves.


[Knight 2 hits Alice twice, but he delivers non-lethal damage! He scores 37 (rolls 14) and delivers 9 points of non-lethal damage. He hits again with a 39 (rolls 16), delivering 11 points of non-lethal damage.]


Not far, Daxio dodges the strikes of both knights as they struggle to find him! The clouds are still thick around the unseen arcanist.

"You cannot hide forever, trickster!" - one of them cries, full of bravado.

[Both knights miss their attacks on Daxio!]


MOSS

The small dragon abandons the knightless mount, avoiding yet another bite and flying towards his next victim. The fangs sink into the delicate armor, breaking the elfic plate as the corrosive bite pressures against the flesh! The knight falls, leaving another mount without a master!

[OOC: K6's dead. Also, with the gems and your own private guide to the Underworld, you'd be set, hehehe!]



ALICE

The investigator fences against the knight's armor. As the warrior gets bruised, he recoils, using the body of his mount to try and protect himself. The shifting position allows Alice to study the warrior carefully. Underneath the helmet, a pair of red, obsessive eyes hunt down the enemy with killer instincts. Right above it, a pair of black ocelli seems to be lodged, occupying a position akin to that of a set of horns. The speech betrays a small fissure in the 's', probably produced by a set of small fangs, almost imperceptible to untrained senses.... And the skin... The dark skin delivers an almost chitinous gleam...

Soon, the signs become clear: he's a tiefling, indeed, only descended of a distinct lineage... Odds are he was conceived from the union of drow and Ananase, the cthonian beasts of the Deadlands! An honor amidst the drow, for sure, since they worship the insectoid beasts of the cavernous lands of the dead!

"Come, sister! There's no place under the sun for you... Come and thrive among us!" - he repeats his invitation, turning quickly towards the blackened sun. "Our own avatar of darkness marches before us! Even the sun refuses to shine!" - she must be worth something to them. The drow do not fraternize unless there's something to be gained from it...

[Ok, Alice takes blood and discovers that he is, in fact, tiefling! The Deadlands are home to cthonian horrors and ancient mythoi, worshiped by the drow as gods!]

MINI-SHEETS!

AUTUMN CHAMPIONS


[SBLOCK]
The 'Round Table' of the Autumn Court, these knights are equally skilled warriors and bards. Their courtly talents are unmatched in the Underworld. Strangely, not every knight fights today....

TO HIT: +23
CBM: +17
CBD: +30
AC: 30(24/26)
HP: 120
FOR+15 REF +10 WILL +14
DAMAGE: Lance of jousting (1D8+7)(double in charge); two-handed sword (1D10+7)
SPECIAL: damage reduction - blungeoning/magic - 15; spell resistance - 13; channel negative energy (on attack) - +5D6 damage; blasphemy (3x/day); phobia (2x/day); shadowbard (1x/day)
[/SBLOCK]

NIGHTMARE

[SBLOCK]
TO HIT:+9/+4
CMB: +11
CMD: +26
AC: 22 (13/17)
HP:71
DAMAGE: 1d4+4 - bite - 1d6+2 hooves (+1d4 fire)
FOR+8 REF+7 WILL+3
SPECIAL: cloud of smoke 15 feet - skcness 1d6 minutes - FOR 16 denies (1 round duration, conceals as obscuring mist)
[/SBLOCK]

ENEMY STATUS

[SBLOCK]
KNIGHT 1 - 120/ - 2 DEAD
KNIGHT 2 - 120/75/59
KNIGHT 3 - 120/94 GONE
KNIGHT 4 – 120/ - 102/-29 DEAD
KNIGHT 5 - 120/114 GONE
KNIGHT 6 - 120/0 DEAD
KNIGHT 7 - 120

MOUNT 1 - 71
MOUNT 2 - 71/29
MOUNT 3 - 71/0 DEAD
MOUNT 4 – 71/0 DEAD
MOUNT 5 - 71/0 DEAD
MOUNT 6 - 71/50
MOUNT 7 - 71
[/SBLOCK]

MAP UPDATED

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l8d4JfuERBlwxOyxyeHt2aMphSnGFqDDH64Exv6yQ88/edit


[Ok, I need one more for Arduniel and one more for Aranel. Batknight's action needs to be redirected after K4's demise!]


@Neurotic @KahlessNestor @Shayuri @Kaodi @Charlotte of Oz @MetaVoid
 
Last edited:

Kaodi

Adventurer
For a moment Batknight stands perfectly still. His hand squeezes the hilt of his sword; knuckles turn a new shade. It had been a moment of weakness in the midst of battle. He had tipped his hand, opened himself up to a connection with his hated foe - his kinsman. And now he felt a profound but irrational sense of loss, that fleeting moment snatched away from him. He did not look up at the monk, his gaze instead lingering on his fallen foe.

And then he abruptly turns around and walks straight towards the nearest drow menacing the mages to wildly stab him in the back.

OOC: I do not suppose I can just use my previous roll for the first attack: 31 to hit and 20 damage?
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Nightmare targets touch ac with its bite? Moss has normal ac 30...it should hit on crit only.

IIRC, Alice has the stoneskin active, so...scratch received :)
 
Last edited:

MetaVoid

Explorer
That is correct, Alice and Arduniel have stoneskin. Thank you, Archon, for quick dispel attempt :) next time I'm using conjuration for auto effect
 

Advertisement

Top