Pathfinder 1E IC - Tideruler: The Fall of Laholt

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon

Just in case, Daxio pulled out a handkerchief, covering his mouth, and stood at the back of the room by the door, as far away from the sick elf as possible. He couldn’t help, though, eying the two elven beauties and flash them a melting smile. Idly he let the others handle the questioning as he went over to the non-pregnant elf.

“Anything I can help you with?” he asked charmingly. “Daxio Flynn, at your service.” With a flourish, he took her hand in his and bent over it, kissing it lightly.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 122/122 NL: 0
AC: 19 FF: 14 T: 15
CMD: 20
Fort: 10 Ref: 10 Will: 13
Armed: Dagger
Arcane Reservoir: 9/15/day
Consume Spells: 5/5/day

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
0 (9): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic
1 (4/4/5): Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Magic Missile, Vanish
2 (4/4/5): Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3 (4/4/4): Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4 (4/4/3): Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5 (4/4/2): Dominate Person, Hold Monster
6 (2/2/1): Mass Suggestion

Spell Book:
0: All
1: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Featherfall, Grease, Liberating Command, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield, Silent Image, Vanish
2: Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3: Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4: Black Tentacles, Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5: Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Hold Monster
6: Greater Dispel, Mass Suggestion
[/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
Alanor's gestures are slow and dragged, as is his speech. He seems weak and distracted, and words don't flow from him as expected. He starts slowly as the young ladies leave the room - the last one giving Daxio a suggestive glance, clearly enjoying the attention he dedicated to her. She whispers something about 'the backyard' and leaves, smiling gently.

"Well.... I guess we were nearly.... Fifty affected?" - he throws the question towards Goliath, that promptly confirms with a nod. "It's hard. I've been forgetting things for a while, now... But I remember Tulius... He got sick. And Belios.... Belios is a vegetable, now..." - Alanor doesn't seem to understand the impact of his own poor choice of words. "I suppose we all did the same things, mostly. We partook at the rituals, back at the old castle... Drank near the fountain.... We were there for the fertility festivals as anyone else... Roamed around..."

Goliath interrupts with a sober tone.

"We don't really know how far it did go. We've had around fifty known cases that we know of. But behavior is erratic, to say the least. And since our population wanders around a lot, there might have been other cases we aren't aware of." - he tries to line up Alanor's discourse. "Alanor here is the lucky one... Others just became weaker and weaker, until one day they wouldn't wake up at all."

"Yes, yes... Poor Belios. I like Belios." - Alanor regrets. "I remember that, right before being sick I was... I spent the nights with my lover in the Golden Orchard. And... Yes... Belios loved the Orchard. And Tulios, fat little Tulios, always eating the fruit. We used to play a few cantrips around, on summer nights... Lately, my lover and I were there on our own..."

He dozes off for a second, and then continues.

"I remember dreaming... Intense... dreaming. As if a god was speaking to me through my dreams, yes. But it was my lover, my Amalia, there with me. And she ran through the Orchard, like a gazelle, and soon she was a gazelle. But she was also at my side, telling me, saying that I should kill her. And I shot, and the gazelle and the Amalia by my side... they both died."

"I'm sorry..." - Goliath says - "He's incoherent again." - his face turns to a tender expression as sadness overwhelms him.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=813]jmucchiello[/MENTION]

Zyara addresses Goliath with her questions. "These fertility festivals, are they common among your people? Frequent or infrequent? Could they all have been infected by the food? The fountain? Have any of these places been checked for poisons or similar toxins?" She leans in closer, stepping away from Alanor. "Did the women he mentioned die?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"How about The Orchard? You just said some of you shared several things from there. Might we take a look?" asks Moss from between larger beings legs.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon

Daxio returned the young woman’s glance with a smile as she slipped out, catching her message. He glanced over at the others. They all seemed to have the situation under control. They didn’t need him yammering at an old man. He could get the details later.

Daxio quietly slipped out the door, leaving the others speaking with the old man. He made his way around the house, looking for the backyard and the beautiful young woman

“Young miss?” Daxio called quietly.

Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
0 (9): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic
2 (4/4/5): Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility

Spell Book:
1: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Featherfall, Grease, Liberating Command, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield, Silent Image, Vanish
[/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

"These fertility festivals, are they common among your people? Frequent or infrequent? Could they all have been infected by the food? The fountain? Have any of these places been checked for poisons or similar toxins?" She leans in closer, stepping away from Alanor. "Did the women he mentioned die?"

"Well..." - he glances at Zyara once more, almost forgetting the others in the room - "...They're pretty common. the gatherings happen at the central gardens, in front of the old castle. We meet at least once per season, and everyone's here, as well. The water nymphs gather around the fountain, the place is decorated accordingly, and we sing, eat, drink and love each other in celebration of a world that is unfortunately lost for us..." - oddly enough, his voice mixes different degrees of nostalgia and malice. "Everyone partakes... It's like your religious celebrations, a bonding moment. Of course, unlike you, we do it the right way..." - he smiles.

"As for the infection, we've thought it possible. But still, we couldn't identify any reasonable causes. Of course, the most competent magic users in Alessia are either away or... well... Like Alanor here." - he motions towards the sickbed. "They behave like children, unfocused and lazy, unable to cast even the simplest of spells, or consider the rational implications of... anything, really!"

"How about The Orchard? You just said some of you shared several things from there. Might we take a look?" asks Moss from between larger beings legs.

"Sure, sure! I think... No harm can come from it..." - Alanor drags his voice. Goliath nods again, but now he looks concerned, as if the visit might be problematic.

DAXIO

“Young miss?” Daxio called quietly.

Daxio finds her behind the oak, amidst a series of ruins. Ironically, this seemed to be the place of a Nymphaeum, back when the city was still standing. Only faded frescoes and half-broken statues remain. She fills a jug with water, her skirt tied to her thighs as she walks the transparent waters amidst water lilies. She smiles towards Daxio, a sweet and peaceful smile that only an elf could deliver in the middle of a crisis.

"I've heard of you, handsome man." - she bends her head, intrigued and delighted. "I am surprised."
[MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=813]jmucchiello[/MENTION] [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION]

Shayuri

First Post
"The Orchard it is then," concludes Aranel. "Now, I believe someone should fetch Daxio before he potentially exposes himself to infection, for all he knows. As interesting as it would be to have a fresh case to examine the progression of."

She glances at Goliath then, not missing his moment of hesitation. More quietly she asks, "Is there some problem with us visiting this orchard?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Moss feels at home at the cramped quarters as much as in the open sky. He comes forward among his larger companions, flaps his wings and lands on the table to look Goliath in the eye. "You mentioned 'they like me' in the forest. And Aranel too. Who did you mean? Did you have some new creatures come and join you?"

OOC: [MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION], will we have "time off" in the adventure for crafting and such? There is fighters advanced training allowing him to enchant his own armor - and since the storywise his armor is made of remains of his crysalis, Moss would like to discover new powers of it rather than having some mage work on it :) I just realized that whatever I do, I'll never have magical +1 weapon barring whole body enchantment. Permanent magic fang +1 that will get dispelled by the first demon we encounter :p

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon

Dazio rounded the oak and paused, taking in the fountain, the faded frescoes and broken statuary -- and the long, lean, lovely thighs of the beautiful elf in the pool.

“Heard of me?” Daxio asked, both flattered and curious. “Goliath has told you of me? I’m not sure how much you should believe him!” he said with a wink. “You have me at a disadvantage, though. He has never told me he had such a beautiful...friend?”

Daxio stepped up to the edge of the pool. “Please, allow me,” he said, taking the full jug from her to free her hands. “May I have your name, lovely elf?” he asked, taking her hand in his and kissing it gently, his blue eyes meeting hers intently.

Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]

Conditions:

Spells Prepared

Spell Book:
[/sblock]

Remove ads