[IC] Toranthar - Chapter I: Dark Harvest (Full)

Sparky

Heskrash's deep voice intones a ringing prayer and silver light flashes in crackling bolts from his gaping jaws. Two of the kruthik fall in twitching heaps, energy arcing through their bodies. The larger kruthik shielded the smaller from the worst of the blast. The bolt rocks the larger kruthik and it rears, stabbing at the air with its forelegs in an angry challenge.

(Belleros is up. Map updated.)

Atanatotatos

First Post
Belleros quickly moves towards the closest kruthik, but his blade slips in his own hand, and the swing goes way wide. The heat of the shards is still taking its toll on the young Eladrin, it seems. The warrior mage puts an arcane seal on the creature anyway, to keep it from attacking the others.

[size=-2]ooc:move to S22; aegis of assault on the kruthik; booming blade:badly miss[/size]

Sparky

The battle is joined!

The kruthik seem reluctant to near any of their dead hivemates, taking pains to move around the bodies rather than over them.

(Heskrash gets an OA against the big kruthik as it dodges by)

The two small kruthik to Heskrash's left slash and stab but their blows are parried by the dragonborn paladin's quick reactions. He over extends on one parry and the big kruthik, under a compulsion it is ready to oblige, slashes a gash in Heskrash's side.

(Heskrash takes 7 damage bringing his current HP total to 21)

The kruthik by Krik chitters angrily and lays into the ranger with scything strikes.

(Krik takes 4 damage bringing his current HP total to 15, remember bloodied bonus for Dragonborn which will take effect on your turn (you take 4 damage when your turn starts because of the kruthik in P19, Q18)

Korask hisses as kruthik claws bite into his flesh. He shakes himself and lowers the spearpoint to the kruthik, the tip weaves back and forth as Korask seeks a place to strike.

The lithe eladrin recovers himself and nimbly dodges the claws of the challenged kruthik.

(Mask is up. Map updated.)

Shayuri

First Post
Mask curses under her breath and holds her staff up.

Her voice rises to unnatural volume as she speaks the words of power learned from her study under the eladrin sorcerors, and green eldritch flames run up along the staff's length; coursing in rivulets like water until it all gathers in a raging, surging ball of fire at its very end.

Mi algo pyrus; atra mi incantatum pyros! Mi k'algo soom!

With both hands then, Mask swept the staff over her head, launching the flames on a long ballstic arc over the heads of the warriors to land amidst the chittering bug-things and explode into a violent, viridian plume of fire!

(Scorching Burst to square S18. Should catch 2 of the little ones. I'll roll when I can, later today...or feel free to roll on my behalf. 1d20+4 to hit, for 1d6+4 fire damage.)

Sparky

A pillar of fire springs from the stony floor. The kruthik within screech in fear. The blaze throws off sudden shadows and light and leaves behind a faint and fading afterimage hanging across the sight all nearby. Sadly, it also leaves behind the kruthik as well.

(First attack. Second. Close. Krik is up. Map is updated.)

nerdytenor

First Post
"About time," Krik mumbles to no-one in particular, grateful for the arrival of more allies.

Krik's concentration focuses on the larger kruthik next to him, as he brings his scimitars to bear.

OOC: Mark large kruthik as quarry, then twin strike. Invisible castle is down, so Sparky please roll for me. +6 vs AC, 1d8 damage on hit, twice. If either hit, add 1d6 quarry damage. (And scimitars are high-crit weapons, so add an extra 1d8 for each crit (dare to dream, right? :))

[sblock=DM Note]
I'm fairly sure that aura damage does not stack when you are next to multiple enemies with the same aura.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Krik Stat Block]
Krik, Dragonborn Ranger 1
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 11
AC 16, Fort 15, Reflex 14, Will 11
HP 15/29, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 8, Surges 7/7
Speed 6, Initiative +5
Action Points: 1

Encounter Resources
USED Dragon Breath
Evasive Strike
Second Wind