[IC] Toranthar - Chapter I: Dark Harvest (Full)

Sparky

Belleros, Mask & Gutwick

Lehrik pauses only a moment to make eye contact with the stunned Naeduri before head off towards some movement and a cluster of glowing shards. Krik, the Dragh scout had headed off in that direction.

Lady Mishet turns to Mask, she seems to be having trouble following Mask's words, "I-- I don't know!" She gives Mask a pained look and hurries off after Lehrik and their dwarven retainer.

At that moment Belleros stumbles out of a narrow passage between two great, glowing shards of the Sunstone. There is an unconscious dwarven figure in his arms.

Shayuri

First Post
Mask hesitates, then starts to run after the humans. They are, after all, the only people who she's met so far who she can even start to talk to...

But then she stops cold on seeing Belleros stagger out from the shards. Wild joy surges through not just her heart, but her whole body it feels like, and then she runs towards him, waving.

"Belleros! Belleros!"

Atanatotatos

First Post
Belleros comes out of the shards maze exhausted and dehydrated from the extreme heat, drops of sweat dripping from his forehead. He turns left and right, seeing scenes of panic, then he notices Mask waving as she runs towards him. Mask!! What's happening here? he yells, moving in her direction This fatty short one weighs a ton!, he complains, adjusting the Adversary on his shoulder.

Shayuri

First Post
"I don't know yet!" Mask calls back. She meets up with him swiftly, then points in the direction the humans ran off in.

"I met some humans. One of them knows a little elven, and they speak the common tongue too. There was some kind of strange roaring noise, a creature maybe, and they all ran that way...towards the sound. They wouldn't tell me what it was though."

She looks down at the Adversary. "Is he all right?"

Atanatotatos

First Post
Heh! How would I know, the heat over there almost killed me, and this guy, as big a he is, seems a bit frail... grumbles Belleros as he heavily walks in the direction pointed at by Mask.
Should we be prepared to fight? asks Belleros, turning his gaze to his friend for a moment.

[size=-2]ooc:I don't remember: were our weapons removed when we started working, or do we still have them?[/size]

Sparky

Heskrash & Krik
Heskrash charges forward past Korask and up to the kruthiks attacking the Dragh warrior. He swings mightily and the heavy axe sends kruthik parts skittering across the floor. It twitches wildly, even the severed bits.

The musky scent of dead and dying kruthik hangs in the air. Krik recalls that kruthik instinctually avoid that scent. Movements beyond a low cluster of shards race too and fro anxiously. An insistent shrieking roar drives them forward. They swarm across the rocks, a larger hivemate in their midst. The kruthik menacing Krik cringes back, mandibles raised warily and circles the Dragh widely before joining its hivemates in their attack.

Korask and the other Balash glower at the swarm that sweeps over the rocky ground towards them. Faced with two new foes the Balash dodges away from one set of attacks right into another. Sharp claws bite deeply into his exposed side. He roars in pain, eyes alight with rage.

Two humans and a dwarf arrive, eyes flicking over the scene to asses the situation.

Map updated. Initiative for new participants next round. (Oh, right, the capital 'K' is Korask, the bold italicized lower case 'k' is the big kruthik). Krik is up.

Belleros, Mask & Gutwick
An insistent shriek reverberates across the cavern. Its intensity resonates in the bones.

Gutwick pauses in a moment of indecision, still a bit flummoxed by the strange creature - of which there were now two! More shouts and a roar to the north win out... Wait. Is that the Adversary the new stranger is holding?

The nearby dwarves bustle up to Belleros and with looks of blended awe and mistrust they pry the Adversary from his grasp. They move the Adversary a short distance away and begin checking him over. Their eyes cut warily to the direction of the shriek and, equally, over to the two eladrin. One of them seems to be attempting to organize the others, he is gesturing across the cavern in the opposite direction of the roaring.

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
Not even a thanks! Savages! barks Belleros in elven towards the dwarves, then he unsheates his sword in a swift motion. Where does that noise come from!? I want to slice something rude! he yells.

[size=-2]ooc: ok then, I'll assume Belleros still has his sword.[/size]

nerdytenor

First Post
OOC: I can't access the map again - I get a "no permission" type error from google.

[sblock=Krik Stat Block]
Krik, Dragonborn Ranger 1
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 11
AC 16, Fort 15, Reflex 14, Will 11
HP 19/29, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 8, Surges 7/7
Speed 6, Initiative +5
Action Points: 1

Encounter Resources
USED Dragon Breath
Evasive Strike
Second Wind
Use Action Point