[IC] Toranthar - Chapter I: Dark Harvest (Full)

Shayuri

First Post
Mask heads over towards the old woman, careful not to slip or fall into the torrent of water released from the dam.

"Thank the Lord and Lady...you can speak our tongue," she says warmly as she moves over. "Can you all walk? We need to get back towards the main cavern. If there's a way out of here, it's through there."

She looks back over her shoulder and frowns.

"Did you hear the sound of dwarves back there? What did they say?"

nerdytenor

First Post
"They do not retreat." Krik seems mildly amused for a moment, then his voice takes on a more gravelly tone. "Very well. It has been a while since I last skewered these beasts."

"Get ready to fight!" he says to his companions. He crouches down, flexing his fingers in anticipation, each dragonborn digit cracking in turn.

OOC: Initiative 6. Doh.

Redclaw

First Post
Heskrash stands, shaking his still-too-hot hand. Don't worry, Zlatan, he says to his friend. We'll get you out of here. Without pausing, he helps the dwarf to his feet, and starts moving toward a ramp. I don't know what the 'heads up' was about, but after the last thing they dropped on us, I don't want to wait around and find out.

I'm not sure where everyone else is, but Heskrash will try to get Zlatan and the others to the safest place he can see, (perception 8, passive of 12) and look for others to help.

hafrogman

Adventurer
At the Chain with Mask

A few moments ago. . .

Gutwick's eyes cast around the chamber, looking for his assigned supervisor. He was lucky that Hargin had taken the duty stone for him. It would have gone badly if he'd been reported delinquent. There he was! Gutwick started forward again, and then the world exploded.

Blinded for a moment, the poor goblin staggered in a daze for a moment. Blinking rapidly, he eventually cleared his eyes and viewed the chaos before him. . . and the head sized shard of sunstone that had landed just in front of him. Swallowing heavily, he stepped around the stone, trying not to think what would have happened if he'd been a few steps forward when the stone fell.

He could hear cries of help coming from nearer to the stone. People were trapped under there! Fighting the heat, he tried to move closer and see what he could do. He was trying his best to heave a rock off a trapped dwarf's leg when he felt a cuff against the back of his head.

"Useless!"

A pair of angry looking dwarves thrust him aside and easily lifted the rock away, releasing the trapped dwarf. They sneered at Gutwick as they helped their friend out. He followed the trio, seeking to help, but they ignored him until they found another man trapped. Only then did they let Gutwick assist the wounded dwarf as they left to aid more victims.

Eventually, panting and drenched in sweat, Gutwick managed to get the dwarf out of the worst of the heat to where some more dwarves were examining the wounded. One matron grabbed him roughly, and thrust an armload of waterskins at him.

"We need water for the wounded. Go to the reservoir, fill these and get back here!"

Gutwick nodded, grabbed the skins and set off at a run, at least someone wanted his help. She could have been a little more polite though.

Now. . .

Gutwick stepped out of the passageway, finding himself looking over the reservoir, which was rather a bit lower than it should have been. Off to one side, he could see the broken ends of the chain, and the shattered floodgate. Water filled the canal below, he should be able to fill the skins there. He started off towards the canal, balancing a dozen water skins around his body as he tried to make his way down. There seemed to be some people already down there. . .

ooc: I guess I took a few liberties to get him here, but hopefully nothing too obtrusive. I figure he's coming into Mask's map from the north, or northwest.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Sparky, you there? I've seen you've been logged on recently, but haven't heard from you? Are we waiting on anything/anyone in particular?)

Sparky

OOC: We're really only waiting on me. I apologize.

Belleros
The heat from the Sunstone beats at you. The tingling jangle of the Sunstone's energy along your nerves peaks as you squeeze through the narrow space. It is almost unbearable though, strangely, not painful.

You push through and come upon none other than the Adversary himself, looking rather worse for wear. You see him register surprise and then a wry expression before he passes smooth out.

OOC: Map updated.

Mask & Gutwick
The lady looks over your shoulder and her eyes narrow momentarily. "The stonemen send the gaelbin for waters.

She gestures at a small, disoriented looking creature on the far side of the channel, its arms loaded with waterskins.

She looks back to Mask, "I am Lady Mishet." The young man on the ground groans and the woman stiffly lowers herself to the ground. She murmurs something inaudible to him. The dwarf nods. She stands as gracefully as her aging bones will let her and turns to Mask, "Excuse rudenesses. Young one hurt."

"You there, Goblin! The Duke has need of you," Lady Mishet commands.

Krik
Your companions take up positions to either side of you. The kruthik hesitate only a moment and then descend as one on the dragonborn warrior to your left. He is beset on all sides by horn and claw. Their attacks bloody your kinsman, and though he is of the hated Balash, you can see the light of valor in his eyes as the battle is joined.

Claws clatter across the stones near the shards. More kruthik.

OOC: Map updated. Krik's turn.

Heskrash
Your eyes are clearing. Looking around as you take the ramp down to the rough cavern floor you see several areas of note. A large cluster of shining boulders, a heavy twist of chain athwart an irrigation canal and several clusters of shards, the largest being the one at Hammer Plinth (you're at Axe).

Korask the crew boss slithers down the chain, an odd, bulky sling on his back. He leaps lightly to the floor and the pack shifts with a clash of metal. Wallack looks up, wincing, "Zarkin' hell. 'Heads up,' Korask? Yer a little late fer that to be sure." He chortles feebly.

The other dwarf never stopped looking at his shattered Sun, "What're we going to do?"

The crew boss starts to unload the sling around his shoulder and pauses at the question. Korask rumbles, "I don't know. It's dark up there. The stars are out. Everyone's out in the Atrium, shouting, there's fighting - it's..."

With a shake, hempties the sling onto the plinth floor. Weapons and armor skid across the plinth floor. Weapons and armor folk left above for the day's work. "It's chaos."

"You two, where are the Newcomers?" The question is clearly directed at Heskrash and Zlatan.

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
Hold on, Little one, I'll get you out of here. Says Belleros while grasping the shard that traps the dwarf. But the eladrin is starting to suffer from the heat and burns, and can't put enough strenght in his arms.

[size=-2]Continuation of previous post:Athletics: 11[/size]

Redclaw

First Post
Grateful to see his armor returned, Heskrash shakes his head at Korask's question. I know not where they are. I was blinded for a moment by the falling sunstone. Let's follow our ears, as the others haven't been very quiet, and I think there is battle close by.

perception check to hear/see any of the others, 18

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Gutwick's feet echo slightly as they slap against the canal walkway. He is still figuring on how to fill all the skins when he hears the woman's voice calling out to him. The duke? Sighing, he hurries forward and makes a small obeisance.

"Yes, m'lady. How can I be of assistance?"

He tries to look respectful, but he can't help but stare slightly at the stranger standing with the dwarves.

nerdytenor

First Post
Krik does not hesitate - drawing his bow with great speed, he dispatches two arrows at the kruthik surrounding his bloodied ally, killing one. He puts his bow away, draws his scimitars, and charges into battle.

OOC: Standard - twin strike (quickdraw) hits Kruthik in J20, misses other one (assuming these are minions). Minor - put away bow. Move - go to K19.

Remove ads