log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Infiltrators)

Sesto & SnorLoska

SnorLoska smashed the remaining skeleton to bits and Sesto eased the worst of his bruises from his unbelievable fall.

Imani's voice came through the sending stone: "Retrieve the Staff and be as quick as you can through the teleportation circle! I will hold it open as long as I am able."

Magical energies flew out of the stone. At first they seemed a chaotic jumble, but quickly they settled into a golden glowing circle of beautiful patterns that lay on the floor and hummed softly.


Zander, Pyrus, & Torbin (& Drako)

Zander led the small group fleeing on foot through the Dracolich's Audience Chamber into the Cult Leader Silakul's rooms. The large smelly remains of the Flesh Golem still lay on the floor next to the beautiful, but damaged art of the wooden dividing screen.

It suddenly occurred to Zander that the route he would have chosen to escape the cult was the safest route, if you were being pursued, but it was not perhaps the quickest route. The quickest route would be through the Alter Room - perhaps even through the teleportation of the Bhaalite Obelisk. The route he would have taken would have been through the Store-room and prison, but that would mean climbing a long flight of stairs. Just how long did they have? He wasn't sure.

The only problem was the door to the Alter Room was closed, and very probably still warded with a spell that harms all non-cultists.

OOC: The fleeing group may want to discuss which way to go. Pyrus knows how to activate the Obelisk and is reasonably certain that it would take them to the troglodyte caves. It may prove important which way you go, though I'm not saying which way is the best.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Location: The Dracolich's Lair
Encounter: The Dracolich Dretchroyaster & the Diamond Staff of Chomylla

Begin Round Nine

GM:
[sblock=Infiltrators]
Name * (Position) * AC * HP
*Aquaria (C9) AC17* HP 15/60
*Auraia (F9) AC17(19) HP 11/60
*Lorenn (F7) AC17(19) HP 19/48
*Mord (J12) AC14 HP 14/45
*Sesto (F11) AC18* HP 31/52
*SnorLoska (F12) AC18* HP 19/75
*Terrus (I9J10) AC16(17) HP 17/67
*Udit (N7: 40' up) AC15 HP 29/52

Teleportation Circle (D10E11)
Diamond Staff (K13)
Earth Node (N12)

*Pyrus (Running) AC13 HP 28/60
*Torbin (Running) AC15 HP 24/45
*Zander (Running) AC19* HP 39/64
[/sblock]
[sblock=Enemies]
*Dretchroyaster (K10O14)
*Wards 4/4 defeated
[/sblock]


Lair8.png
 

Fradak

Explorer
Lorenn goes to the circle and ready his mage hand, making it visible for everyone, to grab the staff from a distance.
"Ok guys, let's get out of here!"

OOC: Move to E11.
 

tglassy

Adventurer
Terrus raised his hand, telling the others to wait as he conversed with the staff. “Let me make sure we do not wake this creature.”

Terrus could not look away from the node. Leaving the dragon attached to it was a mistake, he knew.

“What will happen if I can take the Node from the dragon,” he thought at the Staff.
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Udit put his bow away. He thought that he would rain arrows from above on the foes but the battle was already won... he hopped. He swung down from the rope to avoid the mud and landed besides Sesto.

"Uhhh...Letsgetoutofhereqwickqwickbutquietlyshhhhh...."

He pointed at the sleeping dragon and the staff, his hands almost blurring in a frantic "get on with it" gesture
 

Udit, Lorenn, & Terrus

Udit landed near Sesto and his rope remained, dangling just above the Dracolich. Lorenn prepared to go while sending his mage hand near Mord, who stood not far from the Diamond Staff, clutched in the Dracolich's paw.

Terrus querried the staff, who answered "Foul Dretchroyaster is aware that you are here! He will defend the Node if he can. He will also do his best to keep me prisoner. It is only the battle he wages with me on the psychic plain that keeps him from 'waking' - but I am defending. He may break off his attack and turn to you at any time. He is very mighty. As valiant as you have been, I don't think you will be able to defeat him. Perhaps with the Power of the Node you could trap him within the mountain? I am not sure how you would be able to escape yourself...

Suddenly the Dracolich's bony tail slid along the ground, slowly. A small tremor shook the underground lair, and one of the eye-holes of the enormous Dragon Skull began to glow with a greenish pinpoint of light in its dark shadows.
 


Prickly Pear

Explorer
Sesto watched in horror the dracolich stir. Hurry up, he hissed, not wanting to wake the dragon.
SnorLoska, with a feeling of dread, moved closer to the teleportation circle. Com'on, grab the staff and go!
 

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Sigh

“Stop it, Terrus,” Aquaria said. “We’re getting out of here, end of story. You can come back and die by dragon on your own time. Sister?”

“On it,” Auraia got into position (G12). “Everyone in the circle.”

OOC: Once Everyone is in the circle, Auraia will use her bonus Action, There and Back Again. Teleport 20 ft, grab the staff, teleport back. She can then get in the circle and they can teleport out. That should be all within her turn. If not, she can use her action to dash.
 


EarlyBird

First Post
"This way!" Zander says heading towards the underground lake. "This should be the quickest way," he adds, but then thinks to himself.

"But I'm not sure if it is the safest."

[sblock=Path Zander is thinking of...]
VoDL_intended path.jpg[/sblock]
 

Sesto, SnorLoska, Aquaria & Auraia

Sesto and SnorLoska got themselves into position near the Teleportation Circle. Everyone was keen to go, but unsure as to if they would be needed, so they lingered outside the circle, which would immediately send them to Imani's basecamp on the nearby mountain. Sesto's Angels stood in a line between him and the dragon, swords held to their foreheads.

Aquaria and Auraia also got into position, ready to execute a quick plan involving teleportation. It was only Mord, who lingered near the staff.

OOC: Just @gargoyleking to chime in. Is Mord going to jump back down and head for the circle or go for the staff himself, or what? He is, after all, right in front of it.
 

EarlyBird

First Post
Zander makes it to the cliff face leading into the underground lake. Halting at the edge he turns back to the others. "New plan."

[sblock=New Plan]
new plan.jpg[/sblock]
 

Pyrus, Drako, Torbin, & Zander

Pyrus was ready to telekinetically open the door to the Alter Room, but Zander led the way toward the store-room instead, saying "New Plan! This way."

The store room was still incredibly cold and held many bodies, most of which had been killed twice. Once as live mercenaries and cultists, and again as frozen "chillborn" zombies. The room was in disarray, as many spells and psychic effects had taken place over various battles. The wagon that had been used to infiltrate the Temple was here as well, badly damaged from fire and ice.

There was no time to loot or to reminisce, though, and the small group stumbled down the stairs into the store-room and scrambled over corpses and broken crates and barrels. They came to the portcullis, which was half-open, wedged on a still-cold frozen slab of meat that had once been an undead creature, and before that a man.
 


gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord ignored everything else as he finally laid eyes upon the scepter. He knew he wouldn't be allowed to keep it, should he be able to claim it in this moment, but it was his objective in the here and now. Nothing came before this.

Stepping forth he took hold of the object and attempted to wrest it from the grasp of the dracolich.

OOC: If successful he moves away towards the others as far as possible and calls out to Imami. (This stone! Now!)

Strength[roll0]
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Mord ignored everything else as he finally laid eyes upon the scepter. He knew he wouldn't be allowed to keep it, should he be able to claim it in this moment, but it was his objective in the here and now. Nothing came before this.

Stepping forth he took hold of the object and attempted to wrest it from the grasp of the dracolich.

OOC: If successful he moves away towards the others as far as possible and calls out to Imami. (This stone! Now!)

Strength[roll0]

Ooc: shame about that roll... anyway, the teleportation circle is already opened, if you have it all we need to do is run.
 




Presents for Goblins

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top