• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Infiltrators)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Ooc: will post this evening but quickly: Udit is hasted so his AC is 18 and more importantly he has 2 actions and a lot of speed. He will help Sesto out if needed.
 

tglassy

Explorer
OOC: Its gettin hot in here!

Auraia Dex Save: [roll0]

BTWs, I’m so going to spoil your day, but I need to see my Roll first.
 

tglassy

Explorer
OOC: Hmm. That puts a damper on my plans, as Auraia is now unconscious and on the wrong side of the wall from Aquaria. Question, can Terrus grab her and put her over the wall? He is Large and currently has a reach of 10 ft, and can switch his Focus to have a reach of 15 ft.

If so, here’s what happens. Terrus screams, running to Auraia, who is unconscious. He lifts her up and over the wall, calling to Aquaria.

Aquaria runs to her, healing her for [roll0] damage, waking her up.

Auraia then uses 1 psi points as a bonus Action to fly 20 ft straight up, then will spend 6 psi points to teleport up to 6 people she can see straight into the portal. And since there are only 5 people...

I could write all that as an awesome scene, but I don’t have that much time. Either way, it should get us all through, even with Legendary Actions, since Auraia will be out of sight of the dragon after Terrus’ turn.
 

Prickly Pear

Explorer
Sesto was not expecting a wall emerging from underneath him and did not react in time. He fell done on ground, badly twisting his ankle.

OOC: Sesto is hopeless on Dex Saves... he has passed none at all!
Dex Save from wall: 1D20+1 = [9]+1 = 10
Sesto is prone on the east side of the wall, right? Did he fall into the teleportation circle???
HP=13/52
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Sesto was not expecting a wall emerging from underneath him and did not react in time. He fell done on ground, badly twisting his ankle.

OOC: Sesto is hopeless on Dex Saves... he has passed none at all!
Dex Save from wall: 1D20+1 = [9]+1 = 10
Sesto is prone on the east side of the wall, right? Did he fall into the teleportation circle???
HP=13/52
OOC: The teleportation circle is on the west, alas. but...

Udit blinked as the wall went up, and saw two of his companions fall on the other side with heavy thumps and shouts of pain. He winced.

"timetouh,dosomething"

Udit clambered over the short wall effortlessly and saw Sesto, alive but with a twisted ankle. No way he was making it back. He reached over and grabbed Sesto *over his shoulder, armor and all* and clambered over the wall.

"The Ant toils but never falters" intoned Udit
"....uh...heytheretimetoleavecarefulforlanding"

He helpfully added "Ihavegoodboots!" as he dumped Sesto into the telportation circle

Move: over the wall (speed 60, full speed) and back
Action: Grab Sesto

Udit paused a moment - he felt the magic of the spell speeding his action and mind to great speed ... it was time to strike. An arrow to the eye! Revenge for Kurzon! But then he remembered Auraia, seemingly unconscious... and the promise he had made to Pyrus. Let Kurzon have the glory - it wasn't Udit's way.

Bonus action: Cunning action to get another 60 feet of movements
Action: Grab Auraia

Before Terus's large contorted feature, the river man once again went over the wall, easily picking up Auraia - was she made of air? Or was it just that Sesto liked his dumplings too much? - and before anyone could blink, was back over the wall. He almost ran into Aquaria. Remembering that she could heal - he handed the injured sister to the other, and with a nod, jumped into the teleporation circle ... ready for trouble on the other side.
 
Last edited:

tglassy

Explorer
OOC: Um...did you just take Auraia out when Aquaria could have brought her back? Cause Auraia could have teleported everyone out...
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
OOC: Um...did you just take Auraia out when Aquaria could have brought her back? Cause Auraia could have teleported everyone out...
OOC: See the OOC thread - Udit didn't know that (and also that would have delayed the plan to Terrus's initiative)... That being said can Aquaria interrupt Udit before he dumps her in the teleportation circle? Sure!
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
OOC: [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] : I've edited my post - I think that Aquaria would have known *instantly* that her sister was hurt and she would have been by the wall by the time Udit got back.
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Udit

Udit, still slightly out-of-sync with time, moved unnaturally fast as he climbed over the wall in a leaping run. On the other side, he helped Sesto to his feet, then threw him over his shoulder and ran back up the wall. His beautiful boots made only the softest tapping sounds as he rolled Sesto over the top, slid down that side, and tucked him neatly into the teleportation circle. At the base camp, the large hands of Loklafd of the Seal Tribe helped steady the cleric while he regained his bearings (everything had happened so quickly).

In the Lair, Udit was already back over the wall and easily lifted Auraia's yet-again unconscious form over the wall to the waiting arms of her sister Aquaria, then he hopped into the circle and jumped out into the camp with a flourish. Corrah the Halfling laughed and welcomed him.

Dretchroyaster

The Dracolich was furious, and its massive bone tail snaked around, raising into the air and slamming hard into Terrus' back as the genasi turned to leave. The impact was hard, but Terrus was tough and he stumbled only slightly with the impact. Mord tucked his head in his hood and wondered if he would be next.

Aquaria & Auraia

Aquaria revived her sister, who flew into the air, she spun around and all of her present friends and family turned into a wind which blew through the Lair and turned into a whirlwind which settled into the teleportation circle. They returned to their forms as they stepped out into the bright day in Imani's camp.

"Noooo!"
the Dracolich's angry voice echoed through the teleportation circle, which Imani then closed with a twist of his staff, cutting off the sound.

GM: Not quite done, but very nearly. You can celebrate, though!
Damage Taken:
(PCs) Terrus 13 (Legendary Tail Action)
[sblock=Rolls]
Attack: 1D20+15 = [8]+15 = 23
2D8+8 = [3, 2]+8 = 13

[/sblock]
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Zander, Torbin, & Pyrus

The three on foot were climbing the long staircase from the prison to the main hall when the old Bhaalite Temple under Blackpeak mountain began to shake vigorously with the Dracolich's fury. Stones fell from the ceiling, and they had to protect their heads as they ran.

Pyrus could tell if his siblings were fighting for their lives; or worse, if they were dead. Instead, he had the feeling of calm contentment: Success. Now all he needed to do was to survive long enough to be reunited with them.

Zander led them through the main hall and up the long twisting corridor to the gatehouse. He stopped them twice, to disarm traps. Torbin had seen these traps on the way in, and he was able to help. Still, the ground kept shaking in increasing waves until there was a loud cracking noise from somewhere high above. They were knocked to the ground and the corridor was filled with cloying black dust.

OOC: In the first instant, Zander, Torbin, & Pyrus need to roll dc12 Dex Saves to avoid falling stones or take [roll0] bludgeoning damage. After that, they need to make dc13 Con Saves or take [roll1] poison damage and gain a level of exhaustion.


Dretchroyaster

The people in Imani's base camp were striking tents and making ready to leave. The Wizard himself was preparing another Teleport Circle (one which would take them back to his Tower in Hap). Curious friends of the still-missing three climbed to the ridge to look out for them. The black peaked mountain across the river was trembling unnaturally.

Suddenly, a column of rock and stone burst out of the side of the mountain, scattering rocks and boulders for perhaps miles around. Though no one was hurt, one such rock crashed into a tent in the camp and buried itself into the ground.

The Dracolich Dretchroyaster rose from the hole left in the side of Blackpeake and began to slowly circle the mountain, looking for those who had stolen from him.
 

tglassy

Explorer
“Well, the Dragon is distracted,” Terrus said, more calmly than he felt. “You could send me back to the spot we just left, and I could easily take control of the Earth Node. Not sure how that would help, but it might do something.”

Pyrus dex and con:

[roll0]
[roll1]
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Glancing up from his work creating another teleportation circle, Imani said "I think my time would be better spent getting us out of here and back to the village of Hap. There is only a matter of time before Dretchroyaster will see through my illusions and spot our camp here. This will take some time, so if your friends are alive and leaving the Temple by the gate or the Watchtower, you may be able to retrieve them in time."

Corrah said, "'Cept if we leave the camp to cross the river, that big old bag-of-bones will probably spot us from the sky."

"We must try," suggested Loklafd, "I know a quick route down to the river where we can stay under cover. Who is with me?"
 

tglassy

Explorer
“Or I can get them over here,” Auraia said. “I’ve got enough juice to transport one more group, as long as they’re close enough. If I can get close to those then, I can get them back here.”

OOC: Auraia should be able to go Nova at least one more time. All she did was summon her blades and teleport everyone once. And i think she summoned her blades once before. She’s done some little things here and there, a short teleport or gust of air, but she starts with over 30 points. She should be good. Especially since she spent most of the last two
Battles on the ground.

Terrus hasn’t used THAT many psi points. Flight was 5, growth was 2. Then some throwing around. Oh yeah, he used 5 to get the staff. Beyond that, he’s not used a few points here and there. So he probably has at least 10 or 12 left.

Aquaria might be able to do one more major healing, but she raised Auraia, healed a few people and gave everyone an extra turn. She’s probably pretty close to being drained. and Pyrus is basically drained. He used up most of it killing the simulacrum.
 
Last edited:

EarlyBird

Villager
"Yeowww!" Zander cries out as a large rock slams into the back of his leg and thigh. Standing the warrior limps along. "Survive a dracolich, just to be killed by a bunch of rocks. If I live through this, I am defiantly retiring."


OOC: DEX save [roll0]
CON save [roll1]
 

Advertisement

Top