D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Infiltrators)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Udit looked around. Everyone looked alive, although Snorloska looked as beat up as Kurzon. And he was all out of healing potions...

"So erm... did everyone make it? And, uh, what's the plan now?"

He then turned to the Gnome - the alchemist he guessed

"Uh... hello? We're pretty reasonable folks, but even more so with healing potions, so... yaknow...."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Right you are," answered the alchemist, taking off his big mittens. He grabbed a pair of tongs and lifted a lid of of a hot cast-iron pot and peered inside. "I thought your buddies had taken it, but I guess they got distracted coming to your rescue. This here's wound-sealer. Still hot. There's enough to fill, I dunno about five bottles? Everyone bring your empties!"

OOC: Looking back at it, the gnome said he had "burn salve", "wound-sealer", and "battle-balm" (as well as the big vat of explosive he's working on). I remembered it as you already raiding his stuff, but now that I look back, the battle got in the way and I never told you what any of that was or how much of it. This post covers the "wound-sealer" (enough for 5 healing potions)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"We'll need to take some time to recover ourselves and prepare for the next step. I suggest we occupy the seers room for it. Although, I wouldn't bsuggest drinking from the pool." Mord looks back to the Alchemist. "What else did you say you have? We may need every edge we can get. Including that next batch of your barrels."

Squirrels are evil!

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto is looking at the parchment that described the Bhallite portal and was hoping that the portal in the Scrying room would lead to a portal close to where the last Idol was kept.

SnorLoska held out a vial for his share of wound-sealer. He curiously looks towards the other pots and pans and wonders what they contain.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Sesto was disappointed to find that the portal in the Scrying Room is the closest to anything that Imani's people have not yet explored. "This parchment would have been great to have had yesterday." he thought to himself, dejectedly.

"You look like a feller who would love some Battle-Balm!" said the Alchemist watching SnorLoska's wandering eye. He grabs a little salve-can off of his table and shows a blue, smelly paste under the lid. "You rub it under your nose, and it invigorates your fighting spirit (and it gives you a silly moustache). Expensive stuff, but really good, if I do say so myself."

OOC: It works like a Potion of Heroism: After smearing it on, you gain 10 temporary hit points that last for 1 hour. For the same duration, you are under the effect of the bless spell (no concentration required)! He has enough in the little salve-can for 4 uses.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Udit rubbed his stubbly chin and said "that's, uh, pretty good. What does the burn salve do?"

He added "I'll have some of that wound-sealer. I think the battle balm should go to our best fighters though. I'm just, uh, a problems solver"

OOC: grab one potion of healing.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"I am glad you asked!" said the gnome, happy to have someone interested in his work, "It helps to speed natural recovery when applied to a wound. It is particularly soothing on burn-wounds, both by fire and acid, and acts as a retardant against both when applied to exposed skin."

OOC: It gives you maxed-out dice when you spend Hit Dice during a rest, and gives you resistance to acid and fire for 1 hour afterward. He has three applications.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Genasi Siblings (Also, a recap, summary, and explanation:)

As everyone raided the alchemist's admixtures, the Genasi siblings were deep in telepathic conversation. It had started with Terrus, who was again contacted by Chomylla. Having noticed him in psychic communication, his siblings had joined in through their familial bond. The fact wasn't entirely understood, but it seemed to Pyrus that the Diamond Staff had long ago been imprinted with the psychic memories of a long-dead Uvarenni (elf) arcanist. This was the artefact that the group had been hired to liberate from the clutches of the Dracolich.

To make matters more problematic, the Staff was only the second-most powerful source of magic in the area (excluding, perhaps, the undead dragon): The entire mountain surrounded a powerful elemental Earth Node. Terrus had felt it on arrival, but he was only now beginning to understand the nature of what he'd been sensing all along. Ages ago, it had crashed from the heavens and it had destroyed the Elves of Uvaren. These elves possessed knowledge beyond current understanding. Knowledge enough, perhaps, to unlock and control the vast power of the elemental node. Knowledge held by Chomylla and contained in the staff, and the Dracolich was slowly forcing her to reveal it's secrets.

"Your actions have distracted the foul Dretchroyaster," the voice of Chomylla spoke telepathically (in secret) to the genasis, "But have also made him desperate. Even now he forces me to unlock more of the node's power - power he is using to create yet another, more powerful, simulacrum to deal with you while he finishes his work. My battle with him has kept him in a sleep-like stasis, unable to leave his deepest lair, where lies the heart of the node. However, he is able to use the power of the node to create weak versions of himself to keep his followers in check."

She sent a positive feeling of triumph, followed by a dire warning, "You have defeated two of these! He is pouring more earth-magic into the next one to defeat what he sees as a simple distraction (in spite of your success, you have not fully gained his attention, due to his desire to not lose a moment in his battle with me.) I estimate that he will complete his latest simulacrum within the hour."

The warning given, she continued to encourage, "You must hurry and retrieve the final key to his inner lair. The last Bhaalite Idol. I cannot sense it's presence, but from what you have told me, I expect it to be where they all were once kept - the Treasure Vault. It is the most important key as it unlocks the outermost ward. I will hold out as long as I can but you must retrieve me soon, or the Dracolich will unlock the powerful Elemental magic of the Node. May the gods be with you!"

tglassy

Adventurer
“We have an hour before the dragon sends another copy of itself,” Terrus announces to the group, after conferring with his siblings. “The Diamond Staff has contacted me once more. We must get the final idol. It is likely in the treasure vault. If we find it soon enough, perhaps we can catch the dragon unawares.”

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Udit looked at Terrus, not sure if he should be impressed or suspicious - how was he to tell if he hadn't been possessed by something - perhaps even the dragon.

"The lot of us can take that stone dragon before, especially if we are united. But.. uh... we kinda need that hour to rest. Not sure we can afford roaming around looking for that Idol and getting in more trouble. Just look at poor Kurzon, he's lost , uh, twice his body weight in blood today!"

"and uh... don't we need the idols to get in the treasure vault in the first place?"

EDIT OOC: Didn't see Fitz's post in the other forum before I posted this...

"But, uh, if we really need the idol..."

Last edited:

Remove ads