log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Infiltrators)

Prickly Pear

Explorer
Sesto pulled out the sending stone from his pocket and said: Imani, we are almost ready to go. Use this stone as teleportation focus. Sesto looked around and then added And hurry up, the mountain has been trembling too often for my liking!
With those words he pocketed the stone again, hoping the teleportation would still work.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

tglassy

Adventurer
Terrus swung at the skeleton (j8), determined to bring it down.

[roll0] or
OOC: Forgot, not invisible anymore

[roll2]

Aquaria ran away from the skeletons, safely behind her comrades, then turned and closed her eyes, flowing vigor and speed into all near her.

OOC: Using 6 Points, since she’s only done a little healing, to grant herself, Terrus, Sesto, Mord, Snorlaska, and Auraia an Extra Action via Pillar Of Confidence. It must be used this turn, and can only be used to make a weapon attack or take the Dash or Disengage Action.
 

tglassy

Adventurer
Feeling the extra vigor, Terrus took the opportunity to swing for the other skeleton right next to him.

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

Aquaria, using the same surge of energy, swung her crossbow out and fired at the unhurt skeleton.

[roll3]
[roll4]
 

tglassy

Adventurer
Auraia uses the e tea energy to slash once more at whatever skeleton she attacks this round.

[roll0]
[roll1]

OOC: Sorry for all the posts. Can only do so many rolls in each one. I should be done, now.
 


Auraia, Terrus, & Aquaria

Bhaalite Skeleton5

Auraia awoke. Her back stung from lying in the toxic mud, but she was determined to not allow it to ruin her day. She flirted with Sesto, who had rescued her, and flew to her feet, attacking the skeleton next to Mord with her psychic knives. Unfortunately, she was still a little woozy and the skeleton dodged her attack and scratched her arm with his rusty sword.

Terrus slammed that skeleton from behind with his oversized sword and then spun around to smash one of the skeltons that he had been fighting. It fell to pieces as Aquaria sent out psychic energy which invigorated most of her friends and family. She fired her crossbow, but the quarrel went between the skeleton's ribs. Auraia lunged quickly forward and struck the jaw off of her opponent with a swift blow of her psychic knife.

An angel flew in to help, and slashed that skeleton with its sword of light, but the creature kept on fighting.

GM:
Damage Taken:
(BGs) BSkeleton5 16 (Terrus), 8 (Auraia), & 14 (Angel); BSk2 12 (Terrus, Destroyed)
(PCs) Auraia 4 (Sword)
[sblock=Rolls]
BSk5 vs Auraia
Attack: 1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23
1D6+2 = [2]+2 = 4
1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8
1D6+2 = [3]+2 = 5

Angel vs BSk5
Spell: 1D20 = [14] = 14
3D8 = [1, 6, 7] = 14

[/sblock]
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord grabbed his stone and spoke tersely. "Not yet! We need the staff first!" Then, oddly rejuvenated, he made for the nest, attempting to climb up to get a better view at their situation.

OOC: Using that dash action, or maybe disengage? I want to see if this is successful before continuing. He might grab the staff if he can.

Climb: [roll0]
 


Prickly Pear

Explorer
SnorLoska felt the surge in energy and attacked once again!
Sesto, having lost his mace earlier, picks up a rock from the ground and throws it at a skeleton! Bull's-eye!

 

Prickly Pear

Explorer
OOC: It will take Imani 10 minutes to prepare the teleportation circle, so I think we will have time to grab the staff once the skellies are dealt with.
 


Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Udit hammered the piton in, tied a rope to it, tied a second rope to the first - having done this countless time before as a sailor - and slid down the rope, controllling his descent by wrapping and squeezing the rope between his legs just so. As he did so, he drew an arrow and aimed carefully at the foe below, hidden in the shadows.

2 action to prep the piton and rope
2 moves to move down

bonus action: Hide

Hiding in the darkness above, suspended on a rope: 1D20+9 = [13]+9 = 22


bonus action #2: extra coolness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAYhNHhxN0A

The spell was broken however, when he heard Sesto's declaration. From above, a hidden voice harshly wispered

"Uhhh....Don'tleavewithoutmeI'muphere!"
 



Fradak

Explorer
Lorenn attacks the Undead with Green Flame Blade.
OOC:
Movement: to an undead
Action: Attack J8 Lightblade attack; Greenflame Blade; Sneak; Second Target damage:
1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23
2D8+5 = [4, 6]+5 = 15
2D6 = [2, 3] = 5
1D8+2 = [1]+2 = 3

Total: 20 on first target and 5 on second target (at 5ft)
Bonus Action: Disengage
Movement: Take some distance
Reaction: If hit (19-23) Shield.

[sblock=Statblock] HP: 19/48 HD: 0/4d6 - 0/3d8
AC: 17 (+2 Bladesong) (+5 Shield)
PP: 14
=============
Bladesong: 1/2
Arcane Recovery: 0/1
Spell slots:
1st: 1/4
2nd: 1/3
3rd: 1/2
Concentration:
Active Spell:
=============
Equipment:
Health Potions: 2/4
Coins:
[/sblock]
 

Imani's voice came through the sending stones: "I will await your command. I may be able to extend the duration of the teleportation circle beyond it's normal brief interval once it is open, but you are correct to assume that you should all be as ready to leave as you can be. Let me know! Gods be with you!"

The Diamond Staff spoke telepathically to Terrus: "If you mean to wrest control of the node from the Dracolich, you must be touching the black stone that the creature is caressing. Be wary! The Dracolich will respond if you disturb it!"
 

OOC: @Prickly Pear As far as I can tell, you did Sesto and SnorLoska's extra actions, but not their main turns for this round. Unless I am missing something...
 

Mord, Udit, & Lorenn

Mord slipped past a skeleton and made for the raised "nest" of the Dracolich. The sides were crumbly and his foot broke through a patch of dry mud and plunged deep. The mud underneath was thick and toxic, and it burned his leg as he angrily swung his wand and blasted the skeleton he had left behind with eldritch force. Seeing it smash to pieces, he gave the ledge another go and scrambled his way up, finding himself nearest to the Diamond Staff, clutched in the massive bone paw of the Dracolich.

Udit speedily hammered in enough metal pitons to support his weight and slid down the rope until he was dangling forty feet in the air, not far from Lorenn.

Lorenn danced back over to help Terrus, sliding down the side of the "nest" and landing on the bones of the skeleton that the big Genasi had just smashed. He thrust out his flaming blade and decapitated the skeleton, whose skull dropped into the mass of toxic mud and sank. Lorenn leaped over the narrower bit of the mud patch and slid to a stop next to Sesto. Looking around, he could see that only one skeleton remained, and it was locked in combat with SnorLoska and an Angel, and didn't look like it would last long.

GM: I'll be back to finish ASAP. It may be that Sesto & SnorLoska don't need to do anything more to finish this fight.
Damage Taken:
(BGs) BSkeleton5 13 & 13 (Mord, Destroyed); BSk1 15 (Lorenn, Destroyed)
(PCs) Mord 10 Acid (Mud)
[sblock=Rolls]
Toxic Mud vs Mord (There was really no way around it).
Terrain: 2D8 = [5, 5] = 10
[/sblock]
 

OOC: Looking into it, I think the skeletons will be finished if SnorLoska rolls a full turn, so go ahead, 'Pear! (You can do Sesto, too, for good measure. Everyone else has gone.
 

Prickly Pear

Explorer
Finally SnorLoska leaped into action, surprised about the extra vigour and speed he just felt. He attacked the remaining skeleton with such great fury that the bones flew everywhere.
Sesto rushed forward and touched SnorLoska's shoulder. He murmured a few words and some of Snorloska's wounds sealed.

Sesto took out the sending stone yet again and called out: Imani, I think we are ready...


 

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top