• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (River Gang)

tglassy

Adventurer
Auraia approached the bones, not trusting the thing was truly dead. She examined the dust and sand.

"Why did it turn into sand and rock?" She asked.

OOC: Arcana Check to see what she knows of dracoliches, to see if this is normal: [roll0]

Sent from my iPad using EN World

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: No, she was dying on her turn, but you saved her. I try to still have things happen in initiative order, for the most part. It just rarely matters.

Auraia thinks this is highly suspect. A Dracolich is made from a living Dragon in a massive ritual which necromantically removes its flesh and makes it undead. It should be the actual bones of the green dragon Dretchroyaster, scourge of these lands in ancient times. Also, as an Ancient Dragon it should be much, much bigger.

This seems more like some sort of elemental simulacrum.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord lowers his wand, satisfied at the result and looks around for a moment. "I doubt this is over. A short rest maybe and then we need to move on."

Squirrels are evil!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Guldred the lizard man swims out of the lower lake (because I forgot about him) and clambers up the high bank to the cavern with the pillar. He says a whole slew of things in his gutteral draconic, dancing around excitedly.

Clearly he thinks you are great warriors who will have no trouble getting his war-fork back.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Udit frowned. "Well, uh, if that wasn't the real thing.... how often can they do that? Cause if it's rare, we are good for now. If it's often, they are going to fake dragon us to death. But, uh, we'll done everyone "

Udit looked around, as he grabbed the sending stone and paused... Had the water returned to normal?

"Oh, uh , can anyone read that drow message?"

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using EN World mobile app

River Song

Explorer
Kurzon flicks his blade before sheathing it, a frown on his face. Seeing Aquaria still injured he leans down.

"Lady, with your permission?" he asks before laying a glowing hand on her and healing her injuries somewhat.

OOC: 25pts lay on hands

He then smiles, "Tyr's blessing upon us."

OOC: cure wounds on self [roll0]

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
SnorLoska looks around and is quite surprised of the sudden burst of destruction the team managed to pull together. Still, it was good that the so-called dragon was dead before it could spread around more damage.
Aquaria was up on her feet again after some healing powers from Kurzon.
Now it was time to tend the wounds.

OOC: 2HD during short rest: 1D12+3 = [5]+3 = 8, 1D12+3 = [3]+3 = 6. Dammit!!! That's much less than average. Ok, one more HD.
1 more HD during short rest: 1D12+3 = [9]+3 = 12. That's better. SnorLoska is up to full HP (55/55)

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As Udit holds the sending stone it sparks to life with Imani's voice answering Udit's question from earlier (far too late, but Udit is surprised to realise that it's been less than a minute since he'd asked):

"From what I can tell you should be safe from the Dragon at this time. The Pillar of the Sun is a relic of the Elves of Uvaren. It should be very safe as long as it is intact. He was hurt, you say? Is the Pillar damaged?"

OOC: This is before the short rest.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads