D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (River Gang)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord's voice followed Imani's.

"We just killed the seers and I think somebody was able to use their pool. Trying to decide on which way to go now. There's a hallway full of warrior statues that seem to be made out of terracotta. I would like to go that way but suspect a trap."

Squirrels are evil!

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Udit replied again "You Killed the seer? good job! Can you find out anything about this alchemist and necromancer, like where they are and stuff? We know the alchemist had exploding barrels, and the necromancer has these, uh, ice zombies that emanate cold and explode when they die, so uh, don't gang up on them.... And yeah, that dracolich keeps sending these stone-boned images after us, it's pretty dangerous"

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Hey, can you tell us where the Alchemist and Necromancer are located? Sesto called after the Beast before he limped away too far. Maybe you can sketch us a map.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Replying to Sesto while the cleric heals Kurzon, the Beast said, "I'm no map-maker. Can't draw. You go through the kitchen here" (he indicated the door behind him) "Turn left, you're at the Barracks. From the barracks you can go straight to the Alchemist's lab. Or you can turn right to go to the Necromancer's Library. Or left to the Altar, which is where a bunch of the cultists were when we closed the doors that yer guy just tied shut. You'll probably meet them on the way to any of those places, though. Or you can stay here, and they'll probably come to you."

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
A bunch of cultists you say... how many are we talking about? Half a dozen? A dozen? Sesto wanted more specific information. Or maybe you cannot count that far, Sesto thought with contempt. Still, Alchemist straight ahead and Necromancer to the right... that is good to know. Maybe it is best to take on the necromancer first so they (he/she) can't create a 'bunch' of undead that we also must destroy.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
No, Sesto said. I think it’s best to move before they can bring all forces together and overwhelm us. Let’s fight them while they are still split.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Thinking about it for a bit, the Beast added, "I got a suggestion. It works for both of us. If we go straight through the Kitchen, we get to a Guard-room that leads to the Watchtower. Well, there's a little hallway from there that also goes to the Library. There's no access to the Guard-room from the Altar, an' all the guys in the Watchtower are mine. You can head right to the Library an' take out that Necromancer, if he's there. At any rate, they'd only have one way of gettin' at you, an' you'd have a way outside at your back."

In answer to Sesto's question he replied, "I dunno, there was about eight of them there when last I looked, but not any of the bigshots or any of their assistants. Just a mid-ranker and some of the crazies."

Seeing the look of doubt on everyone's faces he adds encouragingly, "Hey, you guys've killed like three-quarters of everyone in this place."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
The sending stone activates and this time it is Terrus' voice which rings out.

"The idol is in a vault to the east. A spirit within the Crystal Staff has contacted me. The dracolich is not sleeping, but in a trance as it attempts to access power in this place. We must stop it as soon as possible. If it gains access to this power, who knows what misery the creature will inflict upon the world."

Squirrels are evil!

Remove ads