• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC1] Pool of Radiance

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn Halfling

"That blade is definately in better shape than the corpse that carried it. A mystery that should be part of our report don't you think? Or perhaps we aren't the first group to be sent out here..." Eldwyn carefully scans the scroll.

OOC: Decipher script +2. If he can't make sense of it he'll cast Read Magic.

Thanee

First Post
The giant, with the name Thunder, who had fought at the side of the group against the undead, points out, that the warhammer on the ground also appears to be rather new, or has endured time much better than the corpse that wielded it.

He also asks, whether the settlement at the river mouth is Phlan, and whether there is a way across the river, since he is headed there.

Kordunn:
[SBLOCK]As Kordunn invokes Azuth's vision, he can not only discern, that the scroll, Selvaggio has found, is magical in nature and likely quite powerful, since it shows a fairly strong aura (moderate), but also, that the short sword he is holding up right now, has a weak magical aura (faint). Furthermore, there is another, stronger aura on the ground (moderate). It belongs to the warhammer, the walking corpse has fought with.[/SBLOCK]

Eldwyn:
[SBLOCK]With his knowledge, Eldwyn can only find out, that the scroll contains magical spells, probably arcane in nature, but the Read Magic spell reveals, that the scroll holds three powerful arcane spells, Lightning Bolt, Fireball and Hold Monster. Luckily, the wight was probably unable to use them.[/SBLOCK]

Scotley

Hero
With a few words of power and an arcane pass over the scroll Eldwyn reveals the nature of the writing and his eyes widen. "Well my friends I think we have additional evidence for my suspicion that someone of some power met their end at the hands of this undead rabble. This scoll contains some potent arcane magic--Fireball, Lightning Bolt, and Hold Monster." He carefully rolls up the scroll to protect it.

Addressing the big man named Thunder, "That is in fact Phlan or I suppose properly New Phlan of which you speak. We have arranged to be picked and delivered to the other side of the river when our work here is finished. I think you would be able to get across at that time as well. Though we might perhaps need a bigger boat", he adds with a smile. With a bow he says, "I am Eldwyn Billbuckle. It is a pleasure to meet you, especially given your timely arrival just before the attack."

Voadam

Legend
Kordunn nods, "Aye. Master crafted weapons and enchanted ones as well. The hammer is more dweomered than the sword. Neither are unholy weapons. Such valuable weapons should not be left to fall into the hands of other undead." Kordunn suits action to words and picks up the hammer then returns to peering at the corpses looking for clues like orc tusks and hunched posture to determine if these were once human or humanoids that fell under the curse of unlife.

Voadam

Legend
"Are any of you skilled at tracking? We could trace these undead back to where they came from. I have not that skill however."

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn Halfling

"Alas, I have no skill at tracking, but I expect if start off in the direction from which they came we'll likely find more. Those weapons are really very interesting. That the former owners of the weapons were felled is quite alarming. We'll need to be careful."

Remove ads