• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC1] Pool of Radiance

Voadam

Legend
"Agreed!" Kordunn leads the withdrawal, sending out a mystic bolt at any undead who manage to rush past them if it looks like the party will be cut off before leaving this portion of the graveyard.

[SBLOCK] magic missile spell if needed.[/SBLOCK]

Mista Collins

First Post
"I don't think they came to talk and I don't like these odds." Selvaggio says as his grip tightens on his club and sickle. "I agree that an orderly retreat is in order."

Thanee

First Post
The party retreats towards the gates. The slower-moving undead cannot keep up even with the pace of the short-legged halflings and dwarves and quickly vanish within the darkness, but the skeletons are fleet-footed and quick. Eldwyn's Holy Symbol sends a few of them fleeing, while Kordunn's Magic Missile combined with a hit from Kylest's greatsword smashes one and Thunder's axe and Selvaggio's club another, but there are more streaming out of the shadows from all sides now. Elmus sends a bolt or two against them, but must stop, so he is not lagging behind. Intrepido, as much as he likes bones, doesn't dare to get close to these unnatural creatures. They smell wrong. Completely wrong.

The adventurers decide to make a stand just behind the gates, where they have a choke point to aid their defense, but suddenly the undead stop and retreat. Back into the darkness.

The thunder grows weaker and the lightning flashes become less and less, and between them, there is only silence.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn Halfling

Eldwyn looks at his companions and finally breaks the silence. "I think it is safe to say that we have our eye-witness account of the undead here. We could continue to attack that army of undead, but I think we have completed the mission as specified in the posting. I am most intrigued but what we've seen here and want to study it further, but in truth, I suspect we are not strong enough to face that hoard. What say the rest of you?"

Voadam

Legend
"One moment." Kordun gestures again and makes a quick incantation [SBLOCK] detect magic [/SBLOCK] "The storm arose when we as living beings entered through these gates. That is also when we heard the undead erupt from the tomb. I did not sense evil until the undead were upon us, but I want to see if this is all a magical trigger. This land, these gates, and how powerful."

Thanee

First Post
Kordunn:
[SBLOCK]There is only a faint aura around the area, where the gate is. Certainly not the magic, that invoked the thunder and lightning, and the darkness.[/SBLOCK]

Voadam

Legend
"Hmm, there is only a faint aura in this area, not anything strong enough to control the weather as we saw happen. Well then let us be off."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads