D&D General "I'd like to run (or play in) an all ___________ campaign." (+)

ichabod

Legned
I did an all full-caster campaign and an all multi-class campaign (no one could have more than six levels in any one class). An all fighter group during a war might be good. In terms of races an all halfling campaign might be good, but I'm not sure how to make it so none of them want to be on the adventure, but all of them have to be on the adventure. Maybe they were all kidnapped by slavers, and they are trying to get home.

I also had an idea for an all rat campaign. Not rat folk, but actual rats. But the players wouldn't realize that at first, I'd just give them the race statistics without giving them a name for the race. Then they'd be doing a campaign trapped in a city of giants, and eventually realize that the giants are normal people, and they're rats.

CreamCloud0

One day, I hope to actually play DnD.
In terms of races an all halfling campaign might be good, but I'm not sure how to make it so none of them want to be on the adventure, but all of them have to be on the adventure. Maybe they were all kidnapped by slavers, and they are trying to get home.
why would they all need to not want to be on the adventure? is that part of the hook?

rather than slaves, which tends to have a bit of a hit-or-miss reception, maybe something like their air/ship getting crashed by a storm or their caravan getting attacked by bandits, thus neccesitating the need to adventure to keep themselves supported as they make their way across the continent.

Necropolitan

Adventurer
I’ve wanted to run an all drow campaign set in the Underdark around Menzoberranzan. An exiled house trying to build power and reclaim their place on the ruling council. Full blown evil campaign. Thought about doing it at the same time as the Rage of Demons storyline.
That sounds like a lot of fun, I'd love to join if you ever decide to run it!
I always wanted to do an All Goblinoid campaign (goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears, oh my!) in which the characters would be low level grunts in the hobgoblin army. They could work their way up the system through missions, backstabbing, and dirty politics, or try to form a rebellion against the dark lord sending them out to be slain by adventurers.
Same for this one, 5E's goblin lore has tons of potential.

An idea I had would be an all-Cleric party where each player serves a different deity and they're all working together for some divine plan.

Or an all-divine party where you either have to play a Cleric, Druid, or Paladin or have a subclass related to divinity like the Path of the Zealot Barbarian, Dark Petitioner Rogue (from Chronicles of Eberron) Divine Soul Sorcerer, Celestial or Fiend Patron Warlock, or some other subclass that can be explained as having been granted by a deity.

Or an all-divine party where you either have to play a Cleric, Druid, or Paladin or have a subclass related to divinity like the Path of the Zealot Barbarian, Dark Petitioner Rogue (from Chronicles of Eberron) Divine Soul Sorcerer, Celestial or Fiend Patron Warlock, or some other subclass that can be explained as having been granted by a deity.
This might work best if you can get everyone to agree on the same deity, and have the church be a party patron.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I've played in a campaign where everybody was a fighter class, fighter subclass, or multi class (1st edition multiclassing) with one of the components being fighter or subclass. We were part of an irregular military unit called the Border Rats in the midst of a situation descending into war. It was a lot of fun and we were decorated by the king for the Defense of Fort Kaul and the Battle of Tunwilly Downs.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I think it would be fun to play an all-rogues campaign. The party of adventurers are all members of the same Thieves' Guild...you've got the bruiser who specializes in intimidation and shakedowns; you've got the safecracker who specializes in locks and traps; the assassin who neutralizes rivals, troublesome investigators, and other threats; the spymaster who specializes in blackmail, forgery, and espionage...

Remove ads