D&D (2024) If WOTC announces that OneDnd will be called 6th edition and will be backwards compatible with fifth edition adventures and supplements What changes?

Edit: sorry to rant. Mostly I’m annoyed that the main thread about the topic is clogged with this argument.
The answer is not to argue... just say okay and move on.

I never post the first time I see someone say it's totally nothing like a new edition... but after 2 or 3 (and yeas they are all responding normally to the same 1) I jump in to say it sure looks like it, and that it is at least a diffrent version.... then page or 10 will be half filled with back and forth where like 5 or 6 of us argue about it... 99% of that time I will only be responding to people who tag or quote me.

The problem isn't that 1 person says it... its that once it starts it is the most prolific part of the conversation. That is true (most likely) because people are very invested in if it is or isn't a new edition.

However in the last 2 threads i had to laugh as I was told 6-10 times "Please don't respond about this change to a new thread" and as THAT then clogged up the thread...

all the while I AM trying to talk about the packet itself while ALSO discussing weather this is or is not what used to be called an edition change and if the diffrence between this and an edition change matter... but while me saying something about the edition change will get 3-10 responses me talking about the smites and the wilde shapes will get 0-1.

I suppose, but it's getting pretty crowded in there, and I don't think all the 3pp 5e producers are going to suddenly "update" to WotC's way of doing things in 2024. I still think 5e deserves its own forum.
by that metric shouldn't OSR/1e/TSR editions be separate from 3e and 4e... and 3e and 4e can't be more different. It used to be that way but those threads didn't seem a worthwhile thing to keep in it's own form. So we got legacy editions to combine them. now 5e is either STILL 1d&D version or a legacy edition... and thats the thing.

I'm sure ther are plenty of 3.5 fans that think there version should have it's own, and plenty of 4e people have asked for them to have there own... where is that line?

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
by that metric shouldn't OSR/1e/TSR editions be separate from 3e and 4e... and 3e and 4e can't be more different. It used to be that way but those threads didn't seem a worthwhile thing to keep in it's own form. So we got legacy editions to combine them. now 5e is either STILL 1d&D version or a legacy edition... and thats the thing.

I'm sure ther are plenty of 3.5 fans that think there version should have it's own, and plenty of 4e people have asked for them to have there own... where is that line?
I would love every edition having its own forum. Or the 5e 3PP forum mentioned above.

Remove ads