If you could play in a campaign of your choice, what would it be?

Dioltach

Legend
I'd love to play or run an Earthsea campaign, possibly using the channeling rules from the Wheel of Time RPG, or a Hiero's Journey/The Unforsaken Hiero campaign.

Aus_Snow

First Post
you might love my game!It seems to meet all your criteria,keep looking theres prob another one out there!

I specialize in Cthulu,acid trips(in character of course)Monsters that are both non standard and fought in non standard ways,weird is my middle name.
It makes it very tough on finding nwew players as I think they want some thing more standard.
Heh. If I was several oceans/seas/land masses over, thataways, I might try and persaude you to let me join or start with a bunch of players for that kind of thing.

But as it is, I'll keep waiting. Or, second best (in some ways; better in others), I'll just run the damn thing! :p

I'm envious of your players, if that helps. :hmm: Actually, no, it probably doesn't. But it's true anyway. :D

Ydars

Explorer
If I had a WISH (9th level spell) and could play in any campaign, it would be a time-travelling jaunt, back to the Gygax Castle Greyhawk campaign in the 1970s.

I wanna get me some Mordenkainen et al.

Ourph

First Post
<-------Screen name should provide a good clue? ;)
A 4e Lankhmar/Nehwon game where the rules are tweaked to give XP for treasure rather than monsters would be at the top of my wish list.

I would also be very interested in a 4e/GW Barsoom game where the rules were well-adapted to the setting.

Of course, for both I'd prefer a DM who really knew his stuff concerning both settings.

Other than D&D, Mouseguard would be at the top of my list.

saskganesh

First Post
a low fantasy, fall of the western roman empire game. historical-enough, but many points of departure and many liberties taken. I would take a Xena-type approach to the timelines, so you have historical/period celebrities all coevel ~ Arthur, Attila, Clovis, Alaric, Aetius, Romulus Augustulus, Boethius, St. Augustine, Sigfried and so on all living at the same time. And a lot of the gameplay would be warband centred, so it would be kinda like Dark Company.

Sci-fi or fantasy or alternate earth. Whatever works.

The GM explains the setting in brief, tells us where we've come from, then sets down a mostly blank map and says, "Explore."

The GM works with each player to have a reason to explore, and so at least a few of them have hooks that can crop up in this foreign land. Maybe a fighter's father went missing here, or a priest is tasked with converting the locals, or a mage seeks a legendary power, or a thief tries to track down the fleeing pirate who killed his wife.

Set things up so finding places also gets you some sort of reward. You get allies, or magical energy, or treasure, or access to unique talents (find the monastery of the 1337-kun-do monks).

Give us some rival explorers.

Have a main plot that slowly comes to the fore as we begin to figure out how this place works. Not 'saving the world,' though. More like, "We pick how things change."

That's what I want to play. Oh, and I want to be a spellcaster with lots of cool magic. Who is athletic, agile, and can fight with a sword. And who becomes adored by the locals. And who is named Mary Sue.

Diamond Cross

Banned
Banned
I'd also love to play in an Exiles style campaign.

For those who don't know, Marvel Comics produced a book called Exiles in which a group of heroes were sent to alternate Marvel time lines to fix what went wrong there. In their first adventure, an evil Professor X Nuked 9yes with a capital N) everybody in New York when they thought he was the right person to free from prison because he was the leader of the X-Men in their world.

amnuxoll

First Post
It's hard to answer this question because what I want most is certain players not a certain setting or story. When I think about my ideal game, I keep thinking about people rather than other aspects.

I think I'd most want
- Genre: Fantasy
- Setting: something hard-edged like Greyhawk or Scarred Lands
- Rules: Enlightened Grognard (of course!)
- Style: low magic, heroic
- Story: personal growth set against a backdrop of defeating an arch-villain
- My character: divine caster

Remove ads