Ignoring enchanted Armour and Shield Modiers

Boone

First Post
In the quitessential fighter there is a weapon called the "Seige Crossbow"

It says that due to its ability to penatrate armour and shields that the attack roll should be made with out these (armour & sheild) modiers.

Ie... full plate (+8) and sheild (+2) = AC 20 Negating those modifiers the targets AC would be 10. Correct ?

Ok.. So what if the the Plate is + 4 full plate (+8 +4= +12) and target has a +3 sheild (+2 +3= +5)

Now targets AC with magic armour and shield is AC= 27

With the weapon in question is this targets AC. 17 or still 10

Thanks in advance..

Archer

First Post
There is precedent for using the enhancement bonus but I'm not sure where the rule/ruling is located. I think it might be under incorporeal.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Archer said:
There is precedent for using the enhancement bonus but I'm not sure where the rule/ruling is located. I think it might be under incorporeal.

Not in 3E. When you lose armor, its enhancement is lost, too.

Wolf72

Explorer
I noticed it didn't say anything about natural armor though ... (so a dragon is still gonna pretty darn tough to nail.

and if the tanks are being pinned down you need to send in the Anti-Radar-Missle ... The Monk ... no armor bonuses what so ever :)

Ealli

First Post
An enhancement bonus on armor does not directly affect you in any way, it affects the armor bonus of the armor. So a +4 full plate has an armor bonus of +12 instead of +8 like unenchanted armor. When the armor bonus ignored, the entire bonus is ignored.

Remove ads