• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"I'm a [BLANK] kid!"

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Mini record player. My brother brought it into my room and told me to sit down and listen to this. It was Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon. It wasn’t new. But it was new to me. And damn.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Thinking of HBB/120M it reminded me of this song, not a bad song but...it's like diet Great White
Wow, THAT’S a harsh assessment! 😂

FWIW, I’m a fan of both of those bands…and many more. I have a stupidiculous amount of glam and glam-adjacent metal CDs. Enough that I could say with reasonable certainty that most fans wouldn’t recognize a few of them.

(At least one a contemporary of mine thought was a fake band…until I showed him the CDs.)

R_J_K75

Legend
FWIW, I’m a fan of both of those bands…and many more. I have a stupidiculous amount of glam and glam-adjacent metal CDs. Enough that I could say with reasonable certainty that most fans wouldn’t recognize a few of them.
I was never much into glam metal; closest I came was Tesla but I wouldn't consider them glam. Even some of their stuff doesnt hold up 30+ years later, I listened to Psychotic Supper not long ago and dont think I got passed the first half. You can say this about lots of genres but hair metal in particular seemed like they were churning out groups on a daily basis and the rocker song followed by power ballad formula got old pretty quick.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I’d consider Tesla glam-adjacent/hair metal. And I say that with MUCH love! I remember when that first video hit and just blew the doors off!

Just using my fading brain, I know my collection currently includes:

Motley Crüe
Ratt
Slaughter
Europe
Faster Pussycst
Dokken
Cinderella
Great White
Bulletboys
Vain
Vinnie Vincent Invasion
Danger Danger
Dirty Looks
Pretty Maids
Helloween
Hurricane
Autograph
The Darkness
Satan Jokers
Bang Tango*

And I’m sure I’m forgetting some. I know there’s a bunch where I enjoyed some of their music but may or may not have actually bought anything, like Extreme, Brittany Fox, Jackyl, Poison, Kix and Warrant. I never warmed up to White Lion or Firehouse, though.

* that’s the band my friend thought was fake

R_J_K75

Legend
I’d consider Tesla glam-adjacent/hair metal. And I say that with MUCH love! I remember when that first video hit and just blew the doors off!
Yeah I suppose they could be considered Glam Metal adjacent. I think because they came out with their first record in 1986 they got lumped into the genre. I always considered them Rock N Roll. I bought a few of their CDs in the mid 2000s and they were pretty much junk, they were never the same after they fired Tommy Skeotch, and Got Dave Rude. Troy Lucketta quit not long ago so. I havent kept much track of them for for 15 years or so now, although saw in concert in 1992 and then after they re-united in 2000 they used to play local clubs that were smaller live venues

Bang Tango, remember the name but couldn't tell you anything about them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads