D&D 5E I'm not saying it's just an easy caravan guard job, but... (LMoP) (IC)

Just to confirm; you successfully got the wagon off the road, and with those two rolls, I'll give you Advantage on concealing it; a Wisdom (Stealth) roll.

The oxen, of course, immediately start munching on nearby grass once the cart is parked.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
[sblock=ooc on dice rolls]So it looks like we didn't hide the cows, which is fair enough. They are cows. But for future rolls, (and I'm saying this to us all) I think we need to work things to our better advantage. I agree that it makes sense to use the "helping" rule -- that if there's anyone trained and around to help, you gain advantage, and with the roller you just roll twice. If it turns out the DM doesn't agree that there's advantage, then we just use the first of the two rolls. But if trained help is available, then we get the better of the two.

So in this case, Overton isn't proficient in land vehicles, but he was in animal handling and stealth, and could have given help in both. It wouldn't have changed either of these results (assuming the same roll numbers), so it's all good anyways. But for the future, we should be aware whether we are better as the helper or as the doer. Henry would have had +5 for both of those rolls, so he certainly can help, and maybe could have been the doer.

But I think some sort of SOP should be set up, since with an online game, it's often catch as catch can, as we're all i different time zones, etc. Just some thought on a Sunday afternoon.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc on dice rolls]So it looks like we didn't hide the cows, which is fair enough. They are cows. But for future rolls, (and I'm saying this to us all) I think we need to work things to our better advantage. I agree that it makes sense to use the "helping" rule -- that if there's anyone trained and around to help, you gain advantage, and with the roller you just roll twice. If it turns out the DM doesn't agree that there's advantage, then we just use the first of the two rolls. But if trained help is available, then we get the better of the two.

So in this case, Overton isn't proficient in land vehicles, but he was in animal handling and stealth, and could have given help in both. It wouldn't have changed either of these results (assuming the same roll numbers), so it's all good anyways. But for the future, we should be aware whether we are better as the helper or as the doer. Henry would have had +5 for both of those rolls, so he certainly can help, and maybe could have been the doer.

But I think some sort of SOP should be set up, since with an online game, it's often catch as catch can, as we're all i different time zones, etc. Just some thought on a Sunday afternoon.[/sblock]
The oxen and cart look concealed to the viewers.
--------
That assistance rule makes a certain amount of sense, but I reserve the right to require more helpers for larger tasks, or disallow helping for some tasks, such as ones where all players are subject to the roll.

Idunn

First Post
[roll0] Add to the stealth roll from cantrip Guidance

"I have been one thing.. and a sailor is certainly not what it was." Idun half-laughs, following along. "..one of my more impressive moments was achieving sea-sickness the first time I rode a horse."

Last edited:

[roll0] Add to the stealth roll from cantrip Guidance

"I have been one thing.. and a sailor is certainly not what it was." Idun half-laughs, following along. "..one of my more impressive moments was achieving sea-sickness the first time I rode a horse."
*Retroactively alters history*

You hear the shriek of a falcon, and see, through the trees, some sort of large bird come crashing down on a poor, defenceless, probably delicious rabbit. You've been following the trail for about a half-hour, and aside from the recent natural rabbiticide, things have been fairly peaceful as far as you can see.

But all of that is pretty much irrelevant, as Overton Henry has just stepped on some dirt that is shifting under his weight in a very alarming way...
---------------------
Dexterity saving throw, DC 10, or 1d6 falling damage. Creativity is encouraged, but you have approximately one second before the pit trap gives way.

Remove ads