I'm thinking of starting a game.

Baveboi

First Post
Oh captain, my captain.
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX7zPu0N3V8[/ame]
I thought this might be relevant. :D

I have rolled a seafaring bedouin on an arabian nights kind of campaign, slit many throats with my jambiya. Later in game ended up rolling a sea faring wizard, when the bedouin eventually drowned. There is so much fun to be had with fire on a ship.

Orius

Legend
Can we actually play goblins? Because I want to play a goblin. Maybe a cleric.

That could be tricky though. I'm probably going to disallow evil PCs at character creation. The last few times I allowed evil PCs, it caused trouble. Maybe things could be different here, but I haven't run PbP games before, and I'd like to minimize potential problems from the start. However, the goblin gods tend to be NE, which leaves them off-limit to PCs unless you want to be a cleric of Khurgorbaeyag.

Any openings? I would like to join in if there are spots left.

I haven't started recruiting yet. Probably will set up a recruiting thread later with the house rules and basic campaign info.

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
It's always been my understanding that any race open to players are open to all considerations given to PC's, which includes alignment.

Clerics can be within one step of their deity's alignment, meaning that if he worships a NE God/dess, he can easily be True N in alignment... assuming he's gonna worship a humanoid deity. Worshipping a non-humanoid one would be quite a tale.

Of course, I say this because I would also want to play a Goblin. :D

Lughart

First Post
Don't fret, the goblin cleric was nothing more than a loose idea. I'm also thinking of a wizard or druid, but I'll wait to decide on anything until you post character generation guidelines.

Orius

Legend
It's always been my understanding that any race open to players are open to all considerations given to PC's, which includes alignment.

Clerics can be within one step of their deity's alignment, meaning that if he worships a NE God/dess, he can easily be True N in alignment... assuming he's gonna worship a humanoid deity. Worshipping a non-humanoid one would be quite a tale.

Oh yeah, I wasn't thinking about that. Maglubiyet would be accessable to TN then.

Of course, I say this because I would also want to play a Goblin. :D

Just as long as I don't get an all-goblin crew. :)

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Concept wise I am torn. The good ol' wizard or druid that helps the ship and crew... or the rogue-type that .... well is a pirate lol.

I think when the character creation information is put up I will finally decide. I have been waiting for years to play a seafaring game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Remove ads