Immortals Handbook: Ascension 3.5E Print version...do you want one?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I realize this might be a bit too late to bring up, U_K, but is there any chance the print copy of Ascension could include that entry for Surtur that you made for Gods and Monsters? It's pretty well complete, and is an excellent example of what a finished entry for a god should look like.

Hey there amigo! :)

Second this. I honestly wouldn't be upset paying $50ish for a book like this. Like I said, it's about the context as much as the content.

As I noted to Beefy, the differences are cost and quality.

At $34.50 delivered to your door from Drivethru, you would get the same book, with the only difference being it would not have 'shiny' pages (nor a tail ribbon). However, you buying the book from them will net me a few dollars.

If I get the books printed from Mixam and post them to the USA at absolute best we are talking $54.50 for me to break even - it may even be a few dollars more than that, I think I eyeballed it at $56. So that is more cost for you and no profit to me - not that I was doing this for profit. But it seems a no brainer for me to have the books at Drivethru for $30 (+$4.50 shipping), if something saves you guys $20+ and makes me $5 in the process that's better than costing you +$20 and making me zero profit.

Now that said, if we get to see the quality and its massively different, that will certainly impact whether I allow future Printed options on Drivethru. But we will have to wait and see on that.

So I am still happy to post books to the USA if someone really does want a signed, shiny pages version with a tail ribbon (I guess it would be a collector's item of sorts). But just be aware it is both more costly to you and less beneficial to me.

Hey Alzrius amigo! :)

I realize this might be a bit too late to bring up, U_K, but is there any chance the print copy of Ascension could include that entry for Surtur that you made for Gods and Monsters? It's pretty well complete, and is an excellent example of what a finished entry for a god should look like.

I suppose I could do that. My memory is a bit hazy, did I have any of the other Gods & Monsters entries almost complete?

I am taking a break for a few days (seeing friends tonight, family tomorrow and working the day after).

Currently Ascension 2023 has about 50% of the new art added. Juggling a few of the images into the gaps (especially the vertical gaps I left) is trickier than I thought. However, adding full pages or half pages (horizontal) is easy, although it does take some pre-planning and forethought - so its mainly just a matter of repainting the black and white art (which as noted takes about 45 minutes on average per piece - once I get a full free day on it I will sort it no problem).

Got some new Neutronium Golem art you guys might like - may make that a double page spread. ;)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I suppose I could do that. My memory is a bit hazy, did I have any of the other Gods & Monsters entries almost complete?
Several of the sub-divine and weaker deity entries are mechanically complete, but need the flavor text for various things such as their personalities, goals, relationships, etc. finished.

If you'd like, I can repost the PDF file here, or send it to you another way.

Several of the sub-divine and weaker deity entries are mechanically complete, but need the flavor text for various things such as their personalities, goals, relationships, etc. finished.

If you'd like, I can repost the PDF file here, or send it to you another way.

email it to me, thanks.

I have the original file (the formatting is gonna be scrambled if I open it) but not the pdf at hand. Once I have the pdf I can convert that to jpeg, drop the pages in then rewrite over them.

Hey there amigo! :)

As I noted to Beefy, the differences are cost and quality.

At $34.50 delivered to your door from Drivethru, you would get the same book, with the only difference being it would not have 'shiny' pages (nor a tail ribbon). However, you buying the book from them will net me a few dollars.

If I get the books printed from Mixam and post them to the USA at absolute best we are talking $54.50 for me to break even - it may even be a few dollars more than that, I think I eyeballed it at $56. So that is more cost for you and no profit to me - not that I was doing this for profit. But it seems a no brainer for me to have the books at Drivethru for $30 (+$4.50 shipping), if something saves you guys $20+ and makes me $5 in the process that's better than costing you +$20 and making me zero profit.

Now that said, if we get to see the quality and its massively different, that will certainly impact whether I allow future Printed options on Drivethru. But we will have to wait and see on that.

So I am still happy to post books to the USA if someone really does want a signed, shiny pages version with a tail ribbon (I guess it would be a collector's item of sorts). But just be aware it is both more costly to you and less beneficial to me.
slap 10 bucks on the end man, I'm happy to buy an item at a premium to help you out! It's the least we, or at least I, can do. :)

I mean, honestly the entries from Gods and Monsters ending up somewhere on print would be amazing. Pipe dream probably, but still.

No problem! File sent!

Thank you buddy.

Looking at the file the Possible Entries 'could' be added:

Morgan Le Fay
Yaunaluha + The Thunderbird
Achilles
Vainamoinen
No Cha
Horus
Dagda
Surtur
Algol

Adding all the above manifestations would probably take an extra day, two at the most. So that is acceptable.

The decision is that some entries have finished Avatars and Aspects, some don't. Some entries have finished 'Worship' info and most don't.

So it might make the most sense just to have the manifestations listed above - not sure what is best (what do you guys think?)

Five of the other entries are not sufficiently far along to add without me spending a few extra weeks on this. I know they were super cool monsters, hopefully I can get to them in 5E at some point and it will be an easy conversion to 3.5E for you guys that know your 3.5E stuff.

slap 10 bucks on the end man, I'm happy to buy an item at a premium to help you out! It's the least we, or at least I, can do. :)

Hey Beefy buddy. Listen if any of you guys want me to post you one of those higher quality Mixam printed Ascension 2023 books, signed, shiny pages with ribbon bookmark. Just let me know. We can call it $60, I end up making $4, everybody's happy.

Remove ads