• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Increasing melee damage for cleric

thorimar

First Post
Working on building a martial cleric without the DMM cheesiness oft seen around here. Also, not likely to get gods/pantheon/ to work out with help for the devotions in Comp Champ. Is there a feat anywhere that lets you add Wis modifier to damage? or to hit? I've seen it in a PrC I think (can't find that right now either) and I want to check out my options before asking my DM which rule set he will allow. It's never a good idea to grovel and then have to grovel a second time for additional mojo. Thanks for any suggestions. A magic item that has the same effect would also kick butt for me.

Tim

Winding Road

First Post
Zen Archery from CW allows you to use Wis instead of Dex for ranged attacks. I'm not aware of any feats that allow Wis for melee attacks or damage.

DragonTurtle

First Post
I am using the Ordained Champion as my melee cleric (from Complete Champion) it has an ability to burn a turn attempt to add wis to hit and damage.

Also the holy warrior reserve feat from the same book is nice.

saucercrab

Explorer
BoED has Intuitive Strike, an [exalted] feat that lets you use your Wisdom instead of Strength to hit with simple & natural weapons.

I think there is a PrC in OA that lets you add Wisdom to hit & damage, but not sure of the specifics. And I don't think it's a caster PrC, either.

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
saucercrab said:
BoED has Intuitive Strike, an [exalted] feat that lets you use your Wisdom instead of Strength to hit with simple & natural weapons.

I think there is a PrC in OA that lets you add Wisdom to hit & damage, but not sure of the specifics. And I don't think it's a caster PrC, either.

Yeah, that's the Shiba Protector, a Phoenix clan specific prestige class. It also gives some options that help [other] casters, as well as some excellent protection against spells/sell-like abilities.

Saucercrab is correct in that it's a non-caster class.

Remove ads