D&D General Industry Veteran Jennell Jaquays Passes

Legendary game designer and artist passes away at the age of 68.

418514395_3519844221678573_3346738038931663952_n.jpg

Jennell Jaquays was an important figure in the development of Dungeons & Dragons and the tabletop roleplaying game industry. She passed away today at the age of 68. Known for her work on Dark Tower and Caverns of Thracia, she was a game designer and artist; she was responsible for many RPG covers, including Dragon Mountain. Jennell worked for TSR, Judges Guild, and Chaosium, amongst others, as well as video game companies, working on Quake and Age of Empires, and was also an activist for trans rights, instrumental in bringing about important legislation as creative director for the Transgender Human Rights Institute. Jenny had been suffering from Guillain-Barré syndrome in recent years.

Our condolences go out to Jennell's friends and family. The industry lost a legend today.

TSR1089_500.jpeg

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
This is really sad news. I remember looking at the Dark Tower adventure and just having a "wow" moment. And there were so many more over the years.

MGibster

Legend
I didn't know who she was until I started seeing her name pop up in threads over the last few years. That's a not a dig against Jacquays, it's just that I never took a keen interest in who was making the games I loved when I was younger. It's amazing to me how people you've never met or might even be aware of nontheless managed to have a profound impact on the games you love to play.

Remove ads

Remove ads