• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Insight's Dark Sun: Burning Sands Campaign - IC

Insight

Adventurer
Kesh and Korg can see, through the blinding torrent of sand and wind, several dozen slaves are trapped outside, chained to rocks or various large mining implements. A few of them are able to get under some shelter, but many are not.

Walking Dad

First Post
Korg

"Maybe we will need the pick after all..." Korg says, pointing at the chains that hold the slaves outside. "They will surely understand, that replacing a chain is cheaper than buying new slaves!"

[sblock=OOC]
What material is the chain? Metal is scarce. I don't think that the sub-chiefs have the keys for them, or do they?

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Korg Wellspeaker
Perception: 19 Insight: 14 Low-light Vision
AC 13 Fortitude 12 Reflex 13 Will 15
Initiative: +0
Hit Points: 30 / 30 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Telekinetic Grasp, Call Spirit Companion, Spirit's Wrath, Spirit Infusion, Haunting Spirits
Encounter Powers: Healing Spirit 2/2, Speak with Spirits, Spirit of Athas, Scorching Sand
Daily Powers: Cleansing Wind of the North

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

"Let's help them. That would be a good start. We can bring them back in here."

With that, Kesh attempts to lead Korg through the storm to the location of the chained slaves.

"Hold still," he shouts above the snarling wind. Kesh raises the pick over his head and brings it down upon the chains binding the others, hopefully freeing them.

[sblock=oocInsight]If you like, you can use my Endurance check from earlier, or roll a new one. I don't mind either way.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Amica realized with dawning fear that the tent would not survive the sandstorm. She could either try to get to the other large tent...which she suspected would be much more durable...or she could take refuge in the mineshaft itself.

As there was no scary telepathic presence in the mine, that she knew of, she decided on the latter. The sandstorm all but prevented sight, but she knew where the tent was by feeling, and she knew the direction of the mine from that side of the tent. Once she got close enough, her projected senses would find it.

She hoped.

So Amica turned against the wind, and trudged ahead into the dark, howling grit.

Insight

Adventurer
Amica turned against the wind, and trudged ahead into the dark, howling grit.

OOC: Amica needs to roll another Endurance check as she crosses the camp.

[sblock=Using the EN World die roller]This for everyone, but posted here because Shayuri asked about it.

After you post, a "Die Roll" button appears at the bottom of your post (where Edit and so forth are). Click this button and you will get a window where you can name your die roll, specify how many dice, and any bonus to the roll. It's pretty self-explanatory.

I'd prefer that we all start using this asap.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Ah, you do it AFTER you post! I was looking for it in the postbox! Thanks! I added her check to her last post. Result was a 19.)

Walking Dad

First Post
Korg

Korg is nearly blown away, as he leaves the security of the mine entrance.

[sblock=OOC]
What material is the chain? Metal is scarce. I don't think that the sub-chiefs have the keys for them, or do they?

Greate roller... a 1 :mad:

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Korg Wellspeaker
Perception: 19 Insight: 14 Low-light Vision
AC 13 Fortitude 12 Reflex 13 Will 15
Initiative: +0
Hit Points: 30 / 30 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Telekinetic Grasp, Call Spirit Companion, Spirit's Wrath, Spirit Infusion, Haunting Spirits
Encounter Powers: Healing Spirit 2/2, Speak with Spirits, Spirit of Athas, Scorching Sand
Daily Powers: Cleansing Wind of the North

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Korg

Korg is nearly blown away, as he leaves the security of the mine entrance.

[sblock=OOC]

Greate roller... a 1 :mad:[/sblock]

OOC: The chains are made of obsidian or horn. None of them are made of metal. The chiefs have keys for the chains for their particular area.

Upon exiting the mine shaft, the dwarf is surprised by the sheer torrent of wind and sand biting the skin and filling his lungs. Korg coughs, holding his chest, watching Kesh start freeing chained slaves.

OOC: Due to the failed Endurance check, Korg loses a Healing Surge.

Insight

Adventurer
"Let's help them. That would be a good start. We can bring them back in here."

With that, Kesh attempts to lead Korg through the storm to the location of the chained slaves.

"Hold still," he shouts above the snarling wind. Kesh raises the pick over his head and brings it down upon the chains binding the others, hopefully freeing them.

Kesh manages to free six human and mul slaves chained to a set of mining carts and a sifting cart. The slaves turn to Kesh, staring at the pickaxe in his hands, but say nothing and run for cover. They flee to the most obvious place: Mine Shaft C.

Remove ads