Insight's Dark Sun: Burning Sands Campaign - IC

Insight

Adventurer
Zimno catches sand in his face and abruptly breathes in, causing the eladrin's lungs to nearly collapse. Zimno catches himself and realizes that staying outside in this mess is not conducive to long term survival.

OOC: Due to the failed Endurance check, Zimno loses a healing surge.

Walking Dad

First Post
Korg

Korg keeps going, getting accustomed to the storm. He is interested to find out who is responsible for Horrin's condition.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Korg Wellspeaker
Perception: 19 Insight: 14 Low-light Vision
AC 13 Fortitude 12 Reflex 13 Will 15
Initiative: +0
Hit Points: 30 / 30 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 7 / 8
At-Will Powers: Telekinetic Grasp, Call Spirit Companion, Spirit's Wrath, Spirit Infusion, Haunting Spirits
Encounter Powers: Healing Spirit 2/2, Speak with Spirits, Spirit of Athas, Scorching Sand
Daily Powers: Cleansing Wind of the North

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Kesh races up to Zimno. He sees a chance, finally, to lash out - to channel his fury and pain into a devastating blow against the world around him. The elf's fists glow a radiant purple, and the pointed end of the pick gleams white-hot in the burning sun.

"Hey there, mate. Can I lend a hand?"

With that, he rushes up to the guard that Zimno has engaged and leads with a carefully aimed sweeping pick attack.

[sblock=Actions]Move adjacent to Zimno and both of the guards, if possible.
Standard: Dragon's Tail (probable miss)
Elven Accuracy attack roll (crit miss)

*I left the result of my attack a mystery, so you can fill it in. I wasn't sure whether an 11 vs. Fortitude would hit.[/sblock]

[sblock=Kesh Quick Reference]
HP: 28/28 Surges: 10/10
AC: 19 Fort: 14 Ref: 15 Will: 13
[sblock=Powers]
Iron Soul Flurry of Blows
Dragon's Tail
Lion's Den

Psychic Surge
Open the Gates of Battle

Stunning Palm

Body Equilibrium
Elven Accuracy[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
(OOC - Lots of stuff happening outside. Is Amica privy to any of it, or did she die from her Endurance check? :))

OOC: Amica made her Endurance check. If she looks outside the tent, she can sorta make out something happening at the big tent in the middle of the camp, but cannot make out any specific details from where she is right now.

If Amica continues to stay outside, she will need to make another Endurance check.

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: Kesh and Korg will need to roll Initiative checks if they want to get involved in the combat at the "mystery" tent.

OOC: BTW, the pickaxe is an improvised weapon, so it provides no proficiency bonus, and does 1d6 base weapon damage. Unless you are an Arena Fighter, of course.

[sblock=ooc Insight]Monks use implements, and their damage is predetermined by the ability. Since a pick is a weapon I'm not proficient with, it wouldn't count as an implement for the purposes of the attack (which wouldn't matter anyway, since it doesn't have an enhancement bonus). According to the rules, I should be able to use implement powers without an implement. That makes sense, right?[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Korg

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Korg Wellspeaker
Perception: 19 Insight: 14 Low-light Vision
AC 13 Fortitude 12 Reflex 13 Will 15
Initiative: +0
Hit Points: 30 / 30 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 7 / 8
At-Will Powers: Telekinetic Grasp, Call Spirit Companion, Spirit's Wrath, Spirit Infusion, Haunting Spirits
Encounter Powers: Healing Spirit 2/2, Speak with Spirits, Spirit of Athas, Scorching Sand
Daily Powers: Cleansing Wind of the North

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc Insight]Monks use implements, and their damage is predetermined by the ability. Since a pick is a weapon I'm not proficient with, it wouldn't count as an implement for the purposes of the attack (which wouldn't matter anyway, since it doesn't have an enhancement bonus). According to the rules, I should be able to use implement powers without an implement. That makes sense, right?[/sblock]

[sblock=DS]Right, although it wouldn't matter whether you were using a pick or your fists/feet/etc. Damage would be based on your monk power anyway. It really doesn't matter what you attack with, unless it has an enhancement bonus.[/sblock]

Remove ads