Insight's Secret Wars - Prelude (IC)

Insight

Adventurer
The Visitor

"If it is this urgent, Omen could have called us himself. On the other side, you are faster than a call.
Will you go ahead? Only Blitz is fast enough to keep somewhat up with you. The rest of us lacks the speed.
What do you say, Blitz, do you want to go ahead or shall we move as a team?"

D'lyn answers after a short moment of contemplation.

OOC: As background, Omen is not on good terms with Forever Freedom. This is mostly because he was/is dating Velocity, who was involved with Ricochet at some point in the past. We can work out the details later.

D'lyn probably isn't in on all of this... stupid humans ;)

Shayuri

First Post
Echo stood up, even as she consulted her wireless internet feed and sampled several news sites' coverage of the phenomenon. They weren't allowed close, but even the distant shots conveyed a sense of urgency. She touched a control on her black utility suit, and an integral holster hissed open to reveal the handgrip of the Omniblaster.

"Velocity's story checks out. I'll fly," she said with characteristic terseness, and headed out to the jet hangar.

hero4hire

Explorer
Ricochet HP: 1 Condition: Healthy

Ricochet gritted his teeth behind his visor, thankful the full headgear covered his face from view. "Listen...V.." he said directly to Velocity then suddenly turned to Blitz. "Both of you! Be careful, we don't know what we are dealing with. Scout ahead, but don't do anything stupid...Until we get there at least." He then hurried behind Echo to the hanger to board the Freedomjet.

Insight

Adventurer
Ricochet HP: 1 Condition: Healthy

Ricochet gritted his teeth behind his visor, thankful the full headgear covered his face from view. "Listen...V.." he said directly to Velocity then suddenly turned to Blitz. "Both of you! Be careful, we don't know what we are dealing with. Scout ahead, but don't do anything stupid...Until we get there at least." He then hurried behind Echo to the hanger to board the Freedomjet.

Velocity looks at Echo and the Visitor. "Maybe some of the brainy types should find out what we're dealing with. Surely your devices, instruments, whatever... they can scan the energy field and find out what it is. I dunno. I can barely figure out my iPhone."

She watches Ricochet head towards the hangar. "Or we'll head on over and find out when we get there!"

jkason

First Post
Galen Knight aka Nightengale

Nightengale shrugs at the clearly unnerving vibes between Velocity and Richochet.

"Sorry 'bout that," he says awkwardly. "We appreciate the heads up and all but ... well, just because the guy can bounce things around doesn't mean he's always good at bouncing back, you know?"

The sonic hero hustles to catch up to Echo and Richochet, calling back "Like the others said, you two be careful! We'll be there as fast as we can be!"

Thanee

First Post
Blitz

blitzavatar.png

“We will be careful,” Blitz promises, then she heads out of the door, while turning to Velocity as she goes.

“Come on, then, we got a park to visit.”

While she moves, Blitz vanishes and turns into a bright lightning bolt, that races along at incredible speed, the characteristic display of her power.

Only a moment later, the girl stands in Kansas City, wondering, where the park in question might be.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
By the time Echo and Ricochet arrive at the hangar, the Freedom Jet is already activated and ready to go, with its engines thrumming at a low rumble; an advantage of Echo's built-in interface. Or perhaps Matrix did it. Either way, Echo climbs into the pilot's chair and buttons the aircraft up once Rico's inside.

"I've sent some images taken from local media coverage to your screen," she informed Ricochet over their commlinks as the jet's engines roared, and acceleration pushed them into their seats. "The shots are distant, but show views of the anomaly."

The pics flippd up on the display monitor connected to Rico's seat, giving him something to do for the several minues of flight time it would take to arrive at supersonic speeds...

Walking Dad

First Post
The Visitor

"I have some equipment in the jet. Let's see if I can jury-rig something during the short flight."
D'lyn says before Velocities departure. Then he follows the others quickly to the Flying Freedom, becoming briefly insubstantial to flot to the lower floors.

[sblock=OOC]
The Visitor

Conditions: -
Active Array: -
Hero Points: 1

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]OFFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]INITIATIVE +2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Eye Beam +10 Ranged, Damage 9[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Unarmed +10 Close, Damage 10[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DEFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DODGE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]FORTITUDE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]10[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]PARRY [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]TOUGHNESS [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]14[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]WILL [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]8[/FONT]
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Galen Knight, Nightengale

Nightengale rushes into place before the jet can take off and latches himself in. He frowns at the images during the short flight.

"Not sure I'll be much help sorting this one out," the young man says from his seat. "This is the sort of thing mom always said to leave to 'the big brains.' Here's hoping there's something that takes a pounding on the other side of this trip,"

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: You have sufficient information with your instruments and the images provided by Echo to make Expertise checks, if you wish, to determine what's going on with this energy field.

You have some way to communicate with Blitz, if you wish to do so.

Remove ads