Insight's Secret Wars - Prelude (IC)

Insight

Adventurer
“We will be careful,” Blitz promises, then she heads out of the door, while turning to Velocity as she goes.

“Come on, then, we got a park to visit.”

While she moves, Blitz vanishes and turns into a bright lightning bolt, that races along at incredible speed, the characteristic display of her power.

Only a moment later, the girl stands in Kansas City, wondering, where the park in question might be.

Velocity arrives just a moment after Blitz. "Don't look at me! I have no idea where this place is!"

Jemal

Adventurer
Optic has been silently pouring over the data from various instruments and cameras. While he's too far away to use his own considerably potent optical analysis, his scientific expertise is and has been focused.
As the Flying Freedom gets closer, his fingers fly over the keypad, his brain calculating just as quickly, trying to come up with an answer.
He silently notes the presence of several other notable super heroes.

[sblock=ooc]
Not sure what your final take on Optic was, I'll assume for now that he's OK, and if there are more changes required I'll modify as needed.
Skill Checks (Wasn't sure what was applicable so I rolled whatever I could think of.)
Expertise: 15, Investigate 15, Technology 22 [/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
Ricochet HP 1 Cond: Fine

While no scientist, Rico had been around enough equipment and labs to run scans with the best of them. He ran diagnostics and sent his more scientifically minded teammates the scans.

OOC: Technology to aid (whomever's) next Expertise Science check

Thanee

First Post
Blitz

blitzavatar.png

“Well, it can't be that hard to find...” Blitz wonders aloud, then she turns into lightning once more and flies straight up to get a better overview. High above the city, she looks for the energy disturbance, before getting back down.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Echo brings the jet in closer to the energy barrier, and swoops around it on her way to a landing site; giving the sensors ample time to determine what they can of the strange manifestation. Even Echo herself splits her attention between piloting the jet and analyzing the incoming data.

"Blitz," she says, transmitting on the team frequency, "This is the Freedom Jet. We've arrived at the anomaly. I do not have visual confirmation of your presence. Is everything all right?"

Walking Dad

First Post

D'lyn knows that his scientific knowledge is enough for existing on his homeplanet and also easily enough for his 'day job'. Though, he knows who got the true knowledge in the group and he is happy to assist.

[sblock=OOC]
The Visitor

Hey Shayuri, I named the Freedom Jet already 'The Flying Freedom' in my last post ;)

---

Conditions: -
Active Array: -
Hero Points: 1

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]OFFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]INITIATIVE +2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Eye Beam +10 Ranged, Damage 9[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Unarmed +10 Close, Damage 10[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DEFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DODGE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]FORTITUDE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]10[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]PARRY [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]TOUGHNESS [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]14[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]WILL [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]8[/FONT]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Galen Knight, Nightengale

Nightengale hasn't the scientific background so many of his teammates do, he does have a unique ability to analyze the sonic elements of the phenomenon, if there are any. He closes his eyes and instead focuses on warping the ambient noises from both recording and the close-by field to see if he can detect anything the sensors haven't.

OOC: Setting his sound manipulation array to his super-senses ability: Senses: Hearing: Accurate, Acute, Extended 2 (x100), Ultra-Hearing. will roll perception after posting

Insight

Adventurer
Echo brings the jet in closer to the energy barrier, and swoops around it on her way to a landing site; giving the sensors ample time to determine what they can of the strange manifestation. Even Echo herself splits her attention between piloting the jet and analyzing the incoming data.

"Blitz," she says, transmitting on the team frequency, "This is the Freedom Jet. We've arrived at the anomaly. I do not have visual confirmation of your presence. Is everything all right?"

OOC: This and the resulting posts should probably have waited until I stated that the jet arrived. If Blitz isn't going to do anything until the rest of you arrive, we can move forward. Otherwise, I would prefer to give Blitz a chance to interact with the NPCs, do some scouting, etc, before the jet arrives.

Insight

Adventurer
“Well, it can't be that hard to find...” Blitz wonders aloud, then she turns into lightning once more and flies straight up to get a better overview. High above the city, she looks for the energy disturbance, before getting back down.

Blitz locates a large park, mostly forest, with a large open space. Within that open space is a ribbon of silvery light. Around the energy field are perhaps 2 or 3 dozen people. None are terribly close to the field.

Insight

Adventurer
En Route
Those aboard the Freedom Jet work together to examine the readings sent in and the images Echo was able to obtain of the energy field. The readings tell a very peculiar story. According to your instruments and scientific knowledge, this energy is not known elsewhere in the known galaxy. Based on its luminosity, if this energy radiates heat (hard to tell right now), it would be nearly as hot as a star - certainly enough to kill just about anyone who touched it. If the light given off is another, unknown property, the heroes will have to get closer to determine the energy's potential orgin and attributes. What the heroes DO know: it is not purely light, not purely heat, not purely radiation, not purely ANYTHING they have ever encountered.

OOC: AND POOF! YOU ARE THERE!

- per the OOC thread

Last edited:

Remove ads