Insight's Secret Wars - Prelude (IC)

Walking Dad

First Post

As the others use more conventional means to leave the jet, D'lyn floats through the exterior hull and surveys the assembly.
Spotting Avatu speaking with Captain Epsilon, he moves nearby, greeting them.
"Rather crowded place... does have anyone of you an idea what this is all about?"

[sblock=OOC]
The Visitor

Hey Shayuri, I named the Freedom Jet already 'The Flying Freedom' in my last post ;)

---

Conditions: -
Active Array: -
Hero Points: 1

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]OFFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]INITIATIVE +2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Eye Beam +10 Ranged, Damage 9[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Unarmed +10 Close, Damage 10[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DEFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DODGE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]FORTITUDE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]10[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]PARRY [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]TOUGHNESS [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]14[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]WILL [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]8[/FONT]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
As the others use more conventional means to leave the jet, D'lyn floats through the exterior hull and surveys the assembly.
Spotting Avatu speaking with Doctor Captain Epsilon, he moves nearby, greeting them.
"Rather crowded place... does have anyone of you an idea what this is all about?"

Avatu turns to acknowledge D'lyn. "It heartens me to see that you've arrived, D'lyn. We need as many like-minded people as we can get. The situation here is... of interest to everyone on Earth. Perhaps everyone in this dimension!"

Captain Epsilon steps forward. "This energy field certainly seems to have spooked everyone. I'm no scientist, but the eggheads here are all riled up. Any clue what this is, friend? I can't get Avatu here to tell me much."

Epsilon whispers. "Watch your step around here. There are some bad guys on the other side of the energy field."

Walking Dad

First Post

"All we know is that we don't know the energy type. on the bright side, it means that is not some old problem returning..."
Then Dylan looks away from Captain Epsilon and addresses Avatu: "Can you at least tell us if this phenomenon is known in your dimension, friend?"

[sblock=OOC]
The Visitor

---

Conditions: -
Active Array: -
Hero Points: 1

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]OFFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]INITIATIVE +2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Eye Beam +10 Ranged, Damage 9[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Unarmed +10 Close, Damage 10[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DEFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DODGE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]FORTITUDE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]10[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]PARRY [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]TOUGHNESS [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]14[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]WILL [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]8[/FONT]
[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Optic catches up to D'lynn after having to disembark the jet in a more physical fashion, and catches the end of Epsilon's sentence. "Badguys?" He glances around, his eyes glowing as he takes in the surroundings, making a note of every individual present. "I do not like the sounds of that.. Nightengale, any idea what they are saying?"

[sblock=ooc]
Optic uses his visual powers and Eidetic memory to catalog all the heroes/villains present and see if any of them are doing anything 'interesting' or 'dangerous'.
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
"All we know is that we don't know the energy type. on the bright side, it means that is not some old problem returning..."
Then Dylan looks away from Captain Epsilon and addresses Avatu: "Can you at least tell us if this phenomenon is known in your dimension, friend?"

Avatu looks at the rippling silver energy field.

"I believe it IS my home dimension."

Insight

Adventurer
Optic catches up to D'lynn after having to disembark the jet in a more physical fashion, and catches the end of Epsilon's sentence. "Badguys?" He glances around, his eyes glowing as he takes in the surroundings, making a note of every individual present. "I do not like the sounds of that.. Nightengale, any idea what they are saying?"

[sblock=ooc]
Optic uses his visual powers and Eidetic memory to catalog all the heroes/villains present and see if any of them are doing anything 'interesting' or 'dangerous'.
[/sblock]

From his current vantage point...
[sblock=Optic]... Optic sees the following villains present:
Assault and Battery - a well-known duo of bruisers

Amp, Entropy, Epicenter, Jade, and Scream - the Maidens of Mayhem
Amp - turns into lightning
Entropy - shoots various rays that disable, hinder, and incapacitate people
Epicenter - earthquake powers
Jade - sneaky ninja type
Scream - sound-based powers

The Claw, Dr. Hand, The Golem, Lilith, Midnight Shadow, Mountain, Obsidian, and Red-Eye - the villain team known as Turmoil
The Claw - wears a powerful super-tech claw
Dr. Hand - telekinetic
The Golem - huge construct
Lilith - demoness with a flaming sword
Midnight Shadow - darkness powers
Mountain - turns into huge monstrosity
Obsidian - wields strange "black energy"
Red-Eye - a sniper of super-human accuracy

The Oracle - a mentalist "solo" villain, who, strangely, is standing near the heroes Omen and the Duelist.

The Mask - another "solo" villain, this one fond of gadgets

Queen Cyborg - a villain currently inhabiting a military gunship helicopter

Tick-Tock - a "solo" villain who manipulates time
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Echo emerges from the Flying Freedom at an unhurried pace and shields her eyes as she gives the anomaly a good long look. She strolls after D'lyn and Avatu.

"Instruments show that the field is 'missing' a great deal of energy. I theorized that the missing energy was radiated in a form we are unable to detect. Another possibility is that it is being radiated into an alternate, parallel universe. If so, that would make this an interface point between the two universes.

Jemal

Adventurer
"I concur with Echo, it is likely that this is some sort of wormhole between our dimensions. We need to figure out whether it is stable, if it is dangerous, and.. is anything going to come through." Optic looks to Avatu and D'lyn "Do either of you know any more about this phenomenon?"

Optic glances about at the villains, his gaze lingering on Assault & Battery and Turmoil for a moment "Hmm. We should also find a means of securing the area. There are a lot of rather impatient and impetuous members of the super-community here, and I do not enjoy the thought of someone poking the anomaly."

Insight

Adventurer
Echo emerges from the Flying Freedom at an unhurried pace and shields her eyes as she gives the anomaly a good long look. She strolls after D'lyn and Avatu.

"Instruments show that the field is 'missing' a great deal of energy. I theorized that the missing energy was radiated in a form we are unable to detect. Another possibility is that it is being radiated into an alternate, parallel universe. If so, that would make this an interface point between the two universes.

The Oracle approaches Avatu, Captain Epsilon, the Visitor, and Echo. Avatu and Captain Epsilon turn towards the villain but do not seem to be on their guard.

The man in the white cloak and golden facemask looks at Echo. "It is psychic energy," he says. "Of that, I am certain."

Avatu looks over at the silver energy field. "You are a seer, Oracle. A misguided seer, but we do not doubt your precient abilities. I believe, however, that you are missing a significant piece of the puzzle."

Insight

Adventurer
"I concur with Echo, it is likely that this is some sort of wormhole between our dimensions. We need to figure out whether it is stable, if it is dangerous, and.. is anything going to come through." Optic looks to Avatu and D'lyn "Do either of you know any more about this phenomenon?"

Optic glances about at the villains, his gaze lingering on Assault & Battery and Turmoil for a moment "Hmm. We should also find a means of securing the area. There are a lot of rather impatient and impetuous members of the super-community here, and I do not enjoy the thought of someone poking the anomaly."

Optic sees...
[sblock=Optic]Members of the Atomic League - Core, Halflife, Lady Nuke, and Meltdown - circling around the edge of the forest perimeter towards members of the Maidens of Mayhem - Amp, Entropy, Epicenter, Jade, and Scream.

A little closer, Omen and the Duelist, not normally known to be partners, stand facing the approaching conflict.[/sblock]

Velocity approaches Optic. "Just got back from a scouting run around this place. This is like... ALL of the supers I've ever heard of!" What gives?"

Remove ads