Insight's Secret Wars - Prelude (IC)

Jemal

Adventurer
"Possible portal to another dimension, massive unknown energy source, and what looks to be the start of a rather explosive confrontation.." Optic points towards the Atomic League and the Maidens of Mayhem closing on each other. "I'm torn.. on the one hand we should ask the League to stand down so we can avoid all-out war, but on the other hand, there are an awful lot of badguys here, we could do quite a bit of good by striking first..."

He pauses for just a moment to consider, then shakes his head "A fight is far too risky. We have no idea what a stray blast could do to the anomaly. Velocity, could you try to spread the word to everybody to keep their cool?"

Shayuri

First Post
Abruptly Echo's expression changed from its normally calm, placid state to one of mild concern as Velocity's words struck home. She uplinked to the Freedom Flyer and from there back to the headquarters mainframe. A few seconds of data transfer were enough to confirm her suspicions.

"This IS every known superhuman," she mused. "This anomaly is not by itself sufficient to justify this level of response. Teams and solo operators from all over have come here, even if it is not in their normal operating areas."

"Addendum: Anomaly consists in some part of psychic energy."

"Conclusion: We have been drawn here. The anomaly is exerting subtle influence over us. It is compelling superhumans to enter its presence. Reason: unknown."

Thanee

First Post
Blitz

blitzavatar.png

Blitz has spent most of the time watching the weird energy field and the motley crew of superheroes standing around the park, wondering what this might be.

She wanders over to where some of her team are talking to The Oracle, Avatu and others.

“So, we do know that this is significant. It does seem significant enough for me. But we do not know precisely what it is, or what its purpose is, correct? The most important question to me at this point is... what are we going to do about it?”

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Galen Knight, Nightengale

Optic catches up to D'lynn after having to disembark the jet in a more physical fashion, and catches the end of Epsilon's sentence. "Badguys?" He glances around, his eyes glowing as he takes in the surroundings, making a note of every individual present. "I do not like the sounds of that.. Nightengale, any idea what they are saying?"

Nightengale takes longer to catch up to his exiting comrades, but still having his senses sprawled out, he doesn't have any trouble catching Optic's request. Even as he's moving to join the group, he shifts his attention throughout the area, trying to pick up the jist of the conversations from the gathered villains. He stops cold when he recognizes his sister's voice among them, but quickly recovers to finish his auditory surveillance.

Walking Dad

First Post

Avatu looks at the rippling silver energy field.

"I believe it IS my home dimension."

"Wait, is this one dimension 'invading' another? A sudden portal? Some naturally occurring phenomenon? Has this ever happened before?"
D'lyn starts to asking slightly confused.

[sblock=OOC]
The Visitor

---

Conditions: -
Active Array: -
Hero Points: 1

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]OFFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]INITIATIVE +2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Eye Beam +10 Ranged, Damage 9[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Unarmed +10 Close, Damage 10[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DEFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DODGE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]FORTITUDE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]10[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]PARRY [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]TOUGHNESS [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]14[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]WILL [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]8[/FONT]
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Nightengale takes longer to catch up to his exiting comrades, but still having his senses sprawled out, he doesn't have any trouble catching Optic's request. Even as he's moving to join the group, he shifts his attention throughout the area, trying to pick up the jist of the conversations from the gathered villains. He stops cold when he recognizes his sister's voice among them, but quickly recovers to finish his auditory surveillance.

Nightengale overhears the following...
[sblock=Nightengale]Nightengale does not recognize all of these voices...

"You are indeed insane, Dr. Hand!" (female, unrecognized)
"Insane? Perhaps, but something has to be done!" (Dr. Hand)
"Mountain no listen to little girl!" (Mountain)
"You will listen to me, you lumbering oaf!"
"We shall destroy the heroes... we have been brought here for one reason and one reason only... destroy the so-called heroes..." (A special chill runs down Nightengale's spine... but can't quite place this slightly male, androgynous voice)
"He's right!" (Definitely Scream)
"I am in charge here! Do NOT listen to him!"
"You are all fools. We will all be destroyed. In an instant. It will be... glorious!" (unknown male voice)
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
"Wait, is this one dimension 'invading' another? A sudden portal? Some naturally occurring phenomenon? Has this ever happened before?" D'lyn starts to asking slightly confused.

Avatu turns back to the Visitor. "Perhaps you don't know my history. Not entirely surprising since it's not something I share with many. It tends to make people distrustful or fearful of me."

The Visitor notes Avatu's tail quiver for just a moment.

"I was expelled from my home dimension, just as it was imploding, crushing in on itself. I was lucky to have come to this dimension. It's my home now. I would never want to go back." He looks at the energy ribbon. "You see, I am a part of that dimension, living in this one. I suppose this was bound to happen, someday." He turns back to the Visitor and Captain Epsilon. "I assumed the form of the first intelligent species I contacted, the Surrellians, whose homeworld is light years from Earth. I was called to Earth by forces still unknown to me. I have found Earth a suitable home and have become comfortable here."

Avatu half-turns towards the Freedom Jet and the rest of Forever Freedom. "Now, I fear that my past has come back to haunt me, to possibly destroy this home I have found. Destroy not only Earth, but consume all that you know. This, I may not survive."

Insight

Adventurer
The Oracle approches the assembled group. "I know you have little reason to listen to me, heroes, or even trust what I have to say, but I am willing to throw my "two cents" into this equation. As you undoubtedly know, I am the world's pre-eminent seer of future events. I do not wish to alarm anyone, although we seem past the point of mere alarm... but I do NOT see anything past this point. THERE IS NO FUTURE!"

Omen approaches quickly behind. "Father! Get ahold of yourself!"

The Oracle turns towards his blind son. "You have inherited my precognitive powers. What do you see?"

Omen points his head in the direction of the energy ribbon. "I do not see the future, either."

jkason

First Post
"There's not better news from across the aisle, I'm afraid," Nightengale reports. "I don't know all the voices, but there's some definite head-butting for control going on. There's some nihilism and at least one call that's gaining ground for all those assembled nasties to team up and squash us before we can respond.

"Mind you, if Omen is right, I'm not sure that last problem is as big as it seems. "

Walking Dad

First Post

"No disrespect, Omen, but can you be a bit more precise? My current words are actually in the future of your last sentence. How long do we have left?"
D'lyn asks, more concerned with the end of the whole dimension than some villains.

[sblock=OOC]
The Visitor

---

Conditions: -
Active Array: -
Hero Points: 1

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]OFFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]INITIATIVE +2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Eye Beam +10 Ranged, Damage 9[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Unarmed +10 Close, Damage 10[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DEFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DODGE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]FORTITUDE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]10[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]PARRY [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]TOUGHNESS [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]14[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]WILL [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]8[/FONT]
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases