Interest Check - Desert of Desolation 3.5 FR

s@squ@tch

First Post
I've been toying with the idea of running another of the old epic standards of my youth -- I3 - I5 -- the Desert of Desolation.

Seeing what type of interest there would be -- 3.5 ruleset, 4 PC's, Forgotten Realms setting.

Would start, obviously, with I3. So would probably be starting around 6th level.

Thoughts?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Don't know the game, but i do know there is a huge desert in the middle of the FR map so I'm guessing that is where it is played.

I have an interest if I could play the charater below. half-orc ranger(desert)

HM

Attachments

• Drom.jpg
    Drom.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 254

Fenris

Adventurer
I am not familiar with FR either, but maybe starting in a desert you don't need to be :p But if that is not a hindrance, a desert game sounds cool er hot er dessicated, you know what I mean .

HandofMystra

First Post
Takes hat and throws it in the ring. I have been wanting to be a Sandstorm class for awhile. I was an Asherati in Living Greyhawk but it kinda sucked (that may be LG's fault). I need to do some homework and my books are stored.

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
Well, the adventure does not necessarily begin in a desert setting, although it could.

That probably was intended by the designers so that the PC's were not optimzed for the desert climate.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Oh got ya LOL excatly how I would design a game also. Let them start as city dwelling, soft skinned, non-survivalist and then they could grow to know the ways of the desert.

I will have to opt out then as Drom is a born and bred desert orc. And HandofMystra looks to have a martial character in mind so there will be one in the group.

Have fun everyone.

HM

Walking Dad

First Post
Well, the adventure does not necessarily begin in a desert setting, although it could.

That probably was intended by the designers so that the PC's were not optimzed for the desert climate.

The desert benefits of the sand shaper prestige class are mostly at the higher levels. I was looking on it for the extra known spells.

Remove ads