Interest Check - Players Choice Game

Helmsman01

Explorer
Edit: I've changed the game from my first proposal.

So for the past week I have been working on a second game, since it looks like you can run more than one on here. I started by first rolling randomly to determine which Adventure League Season it would be based on. The die came up 7, which indicated Tomb of Annihilation.

So I then did some research over at DM's Guild and I think I have some supplements to help modify the game a bit. To start we will be playing out the introduction to the game. Under the Introduction(pg.5) Starting the Adventure_Roleplaying Syndra Silvane she tells the party that "My contacts in the Harpers have learned that the cause of the death curse is a necromantic artifact called the Soulmonger. According to their sources, the Soulmonger is somewhere in Chult."

We will start the game by playing out how all that information was obtained, and then follow up into the main game with a lot of side-trekking to keep the whole thing fresh.

So I guess this is an interest thread to see if anyone would like to play, giving me another opportunity to learn some more.

Note this game is open to all, but those not already playing in Baptism by Fire will get first shot so everyone gets a chance to play - because I don't see to many new games starting up.

If I get 4-6 interested parties I'll make an RG and put the Character gene info there. I'm think of using point buy with 22 plus 1d6+2 points to start with, which was suggested over rolling stats by others.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Just to warn you - I am six years into running Tomb of Annihilation here in PBP. And I estimate I am about halfway through. Seriously. I really, really recommend that you pick something much MUCH shorter. I did the math three or four years ago and discovered the average WotC Hardcover will take ten years to run here.

Use an adventure from one of the Anthologies for your OWN SANITY.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Darn six years!! WoW I've read most of it. But I didn't pick the game the dice did, and now I'm excited about it.

It's a good adventure, but much easier to run face-to-face. One thing you could do: Make something that takes place in Chult, using the map and stuff, but with some other goal than the death plague and some other final location than the Tomb? A hexcrawler? Still would take awhile. Also: Many of the "Usual Suspects" (Players) have played my game, so it might get repetitive (unless you go coastal, most of which I skipped).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I got a supplement to explore Mezro deeper, and I'm think of buying the Ras Nis expander supplement, so its why I say this is a Tomb plus game.

I recommend it also be a Tomb minus game - in that you should minus the tomb itself (which on its own is about 40% of the time the adventure will take to play). And the death plague - I think you should use a different hook. But that's up to you.

A Chultan exploration that has a plot involving Mezro would be awesome. I'd be in for that. I don't even know much about that place that couldn't be basic knowledge of the Legends (neither my IRL group nor my PBP group ever went there, and I don't read too deeply into parts that I'm not actively running. Mostly I don't read them at all. I certainly don't remember anything that I may have read years and years ago!)

Helmsman01

Explorer
Right, right take out most of the actual tomb. Is it a dungeon?? My buddy that I play with said dungeon exploring slows down pbp somewhat.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Right, right take out most of the actual tomb. Is it a dungeon?? My buddy that I play with said dungeon exploring slows down pbp somewhat.
It's a massive dungeon, in the style of the Tomb of Horrors (though not quite as "gotcha"). It does try to simulate some of that oldschool feel. I don't want to ruin anything for my players, but I prefer the earlier parts of the adventure by quite a wide margin.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
So streamline it a bit? keep the Soulmonger and all just take out a couple "filler" rooms.

I'd leave it out entirely (by which I mean, plan for this adventure to go to Mezro, not the Tomb). But again, you should do what you prefer. And perhaps we should speak privately about it!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases