• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [INTEREST/RECRUIT] - Crowns of Ice

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Alrighty then! Is it supposed to be north or south? I feel like it's been described as both. Is the north colder?

We have a novel for you AB... some of it getting posted tonight :)

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

Archon Basileus

First Post
It works for me!

I'm working on all threads, from Crowns and Tideruler, right now. It's gonna take a bit more for me to read the common post, so I'll update everything till tomorrow night!

tglassy

Adventurer
I'm going to need to read up on everything that's happened on the other threads, but I don't have time at the moment. However, I do know that a Hawk has been following Astrid since she left and saw the whole ordeal. So at some point in Alec's thread, the Hawk needs to come back and inform him of what's happening. Basically, he's going to respond much faster than Thorir or Eban, or even Astrid, would have expected him to.

DM, I might need some info on how far away they are, and what the best paths to them would be.

Fenris

Adventurer
tgalssy. A) Any ship that see a hawk that far out to sea in a world that knows of magic is going to shoot the hawk. B) hawks cannot stay out to sea indefinitely, they need to roost and are not fishing raptors. C) You are vastly, vastly over estimating what a familiar can do. You have an empthic link link with your familiar to a 1 mile distance, but cannot see through its eyes. Because of the limited nature of the link only general emotions can be shared. (Core rule book pg 83) So it not a magical spy satellite. So you have NOT seen the whole ordeal, you will NOT be able to respond faster than anyone thought, and there is a very high likelihood that sending your hawk out to perform such a task would kill it. So there is absolutely no way for you to know any of this information. And while I know you say you have never played Pathfinder before, familiars don't work that way n 3.5 or 5E. Sorry bud.

Archon Basileus

First Post
Yeeeaaah, that's my bad. I should have clarified all that as tglassy presented his plan.

Let me read your story and, if you guys allow me, I'll make a more informed post later on.

So far, though, I can tell that the trip lasted a few hours, and distance will take a bit more than usual, since Astrid asked the crew to speed up.

Also, it would be possible to have someone on the crew send a message back to Viuland (Haha, I used the land's name for the first time!) through a trained raven. The hawk might even be placed aboard, so it would not fly around and grow tired. I can foresee some developments in both cases, though. Attackers would try to kill any birds, so as to cut short communications, particularly the uncommon presence of a hawk, would they not? As for the familiar's reach, you'd get the impending sensation of fear and danger, at most. It might be enough to fuel a reaction, but other problems might arise as well (how to find the captors, how to follow them afterwards, and so on).

Of course, all of this won't be too relevant, if this thread is meant to bring the characters together, instead of bringing potential conflicts to the table right away. If this is the case, though, we'll have to judge the situation with more attention, since this would make quite a difference.

Don't worry, guys, we'll sort this out in no time! ;) Let me just read the thread so far.

P.S.: also, GOD YOU GUYS CAN WRITE! Everything is perfect, from the merged narrative to tglassy's answer! I hope I can keep up with you! BTW, Jago, the end of your last single thread was amazing! You actually made me melancholic through your writing!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads