Into the Woods

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Come back here, you!" curses the dwarf. He releases the mattress and uses his hand to add to the strength of his axe's swing. He is clearing a path toward Gert, and swings at the zombie.

OOC: move 10' east, releasing the mattress. (out of line of sight of Gert, but closer to her).
Attack zombie 5: 1d20+6=22 (hit), for 1d10+4=6 magical slashing damage.

Terry
AC: 20; HP: 16/35; HD: 4/4; Passive Per/Inv: 18/9; Spells: 2/4 3/3; Channel: 0/1; Eyes of Night: 5/5
Spell: Spiritual Weapon (8 rounds left) (Concentration Check DC 10: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20)

Terry winces as the new zombie gets a good hit on her. She'll deal with him in a moment. She sends the spiritual weapon after the injured zombie (Z6). If that kills it, she attacks the new zombie (Z2) with her rapier, otherwise she attacks Z6 again. She moves the spiritual weapon further into the room, closer to Bimpnott. She had hoped to send it against Gertrude but the new zombie foiled that plan.

Spiritual Weapon vs Z6: 1D20+7 = [19]+7 = 26 (aw, no more crit? So close)
1D8+5 = [7]+5 = 12

Rapier vs Z6 if still up or vs Z2: 1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16
1D8+3 = [7]+3 = 10

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Bimpnott didn't see the new zombie coming, and the punch in his flank almost knocks the firbolg out.

"Assaulting a watchman!" he yells instinctively before turning around and hitting the undead with his sword. He changes his stance, alert for more attacks from the zombies on both sides.

OOC: If I'm correct, Bimpnott is now at 3 HP (out of 27).

He attacks the new zombie (3): Shortsword: 1D20+7 = [16]+7 = 23
1D6+5 = [2]+5 = 7 slashing damage

Then he uses his bonus action to take Patient Defense (Dodge: attacks versus Bimpnott have disadvantage until the start of my next turn, and I make Dex saves with advantage). This costs me 1 ki point (3/4 remaining).

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"You're getting annoying, witch! Why do you think you can get away?"
Umbril waves a scimitar and his echo floats away from Terry straight toward the hag and slashes twice. With most of her attention at the combatants she left behind, first one catches her squarely across the torso. Her flinch and screech causes the other to swish harmlessly next to her.

mips42

Adventurer
Albrechts ax bites into the Zombie and peels off a strip of putrid flesh from its' arm. it seems unfazed by this.
Terrys' spiritual mace clobbers one of the zombies, crumpling it to the ground while she stabs at the other with a rapier. The blade punches through the Zombies abdomen, causing a thick black ichor to ooze out.
Bimpnott blade flashes and cuts across the Zombie, opening a wound across its leg that would likely have left a man limping or worse. the Zombie seems indifferent.
Umbril waves a scimitar and his echo floats away from Terry straight toward the hag and slashes twice. With most of her attention at the combatants she left behind, first one catches her squarely across the torso. Her flinch and screech causes the other to swish harmlessly next to her.
Gertrude howls in a combination of rage and pain. Throwing back her head, in the gloom you hear a loud, watery sucking noise and you see black-green tendrils of energy flow from the already gaunt thing on the ceiling. You watch in horror as several of the previous wounds you've dealt heal nearly instantly. A brief fire burns in her eyes looking at Umbril, the most recent to cause her pain, then a trio of bolts again fly through the air, pounding him with their magical energy.
The zombie on Terry slams her with its fists, the force of the blow sending shivers through her.
The zombie on Bompnot slams its fists into the firbolg but he is able to deflect it harmlessly.
The zombie on Umbril slams its fists onto Umbrils side painfully.
The Zombie on Albrecht slams its fists onto the stocky dwarfs shoulders, briefly causing one hand to tingle.

OOC:
Gert heals slightly (terrible roll for her, good for you), 3 Magic Missiles to Umbril, 8 force damage.
Zombie 2 [20]+3=23 to hit Terry (crit again), 7 damage
Zombie 3 [10]+3=13 to hit Bimpnott (miss, barely)
Zombie 4 [17]+3=20 to hit Umbril(hit), 7 damage
Zombie 5 [14]+3=17 to hit Albrecht (hit), 6 damage
Gertrude
Zombies
Albrecht @Kobold Stew
Terry
Bimpnott
Ghoul (0 active, 2 turned (round 5/10)
Umbril

1649560007305.png

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Albrecht has had enough, he pushes past the Zombe that has just scratched his hand, as it claws at him as he passes. With a mighty swing he cleaves his axe overhead andsmashes it down into the foul hag. He will not let her escape.

OOC: Move next to Gertrude and the floating weapon (opportunity attack incoming, presumably).
Attack: 1d20+6=22 (hit!), for 1d10+4=10 magical slashing.
Albrecht: 22/39HP.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"It's the gem," Bimpnott says softly, after witnessing the green energy connecting the encased man on the ceiling with the hag Gertrude.

Ignoring the zombie by his side, he takes a big jump upwards towards the emerald sticking out of the man's chest, hoping to take it out.

OOC: I'm not sure how high I need to jump, but according to the rules I can make a High Jump normally for a number of feet equal to 3 + my Strength modifier, which is 3+5= 8 feet. Reaching out with my hands adds 1.5x my height (which I never really specified but in the racial entry it says "between 7 and 8 feet tall"). Taking an average height of 7.5 feet, that adds 11.25 feet. I assume I can reach the gem?

Not sure if I need to roll something to grab and take the emerald, but I'm rolling Athletics just in case:
Athletics: 1D20+7 = [9]+7 = 16

Oh, and that zombie is probably getting an OA, so I hope it doesn't hit me for more than 2 damage... ;)

mips42

Adventurer
As Albrecht passes, a Zombie attempts to bash him, but misses, and his ax bites into Gertude.
Terry stabs at the Zombie, cleanly piercing it through the ear and the putrid thing drop to a heap at her feet. The Spiritual Mace closes to engage Gertrude but the strike bounces off her tough hide.
Bimpnott leaps up to attempt to grab at the gem embedded in the chest of Gertrudes' victim. As he does, a wave of evil energy flows over him.
OOC: @JustinCase make a Con save DC 15 or fall prone.
Gertrude
Zombies
Albrecht
Terry
Bimpnott
Ghouls (0 active, 2 turned (round 6/10)
Umbril @Neurotic

1649818155004.png

Remove ads