• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) Announcing a New Strategic Roleplaying Campaign of Epic Proportions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
I could hardly convert without giving up my status as Wolf-God of all Goblinkind and Giantkind, now could I? On the other hand, an alliance would seem profitable to eliminate the Theocracy of the Pale, and perhaps on into Furyondy?

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Elves would be nice. They're philisophically aligned, they have the magical firepower the common people lack, and perhaps most importantly... those evil people are scary. o_O

Also, it strikes me that druids, which elves have in abundance, will be the only (full) divine casters. Booyah!

Major character(s) on this end of things will probably be a Bard/Evangelist (head of operations for the Church), Some Fighter/Holy Liberators, and Elven Wizards and Druids, some of which will likely be heads of state.

Last edited:

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
devilish said:
A most excellent proposal -- if I didn't have gems for eyes, I would cry for joy.

Perhaps, after a fashion, we can take down that pesky Vecna -- two-bit lich doesn't deserve god-hood.

Your agreement warms my black heart ... maybe today I will torture wictim only for hour ? And leave him alive ... for tomorrow. We could discuss details later, when Serpenteye would give Us more to chew. ;)

My proposal is, You could expand into the Underdark ... With my support. Fresh zombies and rescouses for research. My thoughts that You might devolp in spare time ... between Your very important experiments. Devils have machine wich is massproducing zombies. Why bother minions with unnecesary hadiwork ... More time saved for important actions. And way to recharge divine wands. Very useful, and saving precious time. Collar of Controlling Tarrasque would be good ... too. Imagine wich insights to the science and understanding of Art would give You it's wiwisection, alive specimen that is surviwing to the end of experiment are rare these times. :]

Why expand to Underdark ? I think that fresh, sterile place for magical factories and laboratories would be most useful.

And Vecna ... You have a point. Such weakling don't deserve to exist. There could be only one ruler of the world !

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
I could hardly convert without giving up my status as Wolf-God of all Goblinkind and Giantkind, now could I? On the other hand, an alliance would seem profitable to eliminate the Theocracy of the Pale, and perhaps on into Furyondy?

Och, it's rather simple. I might increase My pantheon ... and adopt You. :)
Remeber that Humans, Orcs and Demons are reserved for worshipping me !

Theocracy ... if they just surrender and convert, It would save them long years of interrogation. :]

Furyondy ... I will delude them with peace. For 10 years ... They will soften up, and my armies will grow. Later ... We will see. Lately I started to read a lot ... Cursed book of exalted deeds, to know my true enemy. Book of Vile Darkness, unending inspiration. And results of interrogations made with some devils. My horizons expanded beyond mere conquest.

We ar allies then, would You sell me ores, wich are plenty in mountains, and dead bodies. In exchange for food and timber. I have two troublesome forests ... Tee Hee.

Serpenteye

First Post
Rikandur Azebol said:
And Serpenteye ... Am I correct that ther is one ugly forest in the middle of my land, wich is out of my grasp ? Fellreev forest ? And where is Stonehold ? I couldn't find it on the map. :( Closest thing to Stonehold in my reach is Hold of Stonefist ... are they one and the same ? :)

My mistake. :eek: Hold of Stonefist it is.

Eluvan said:
I guess I need a better name for my organisation than 'something like the Greyhawk illuminati'. So...

To those in the know they are called the Shepherds in Darkness.

Cool. Better watch your flock, though. There's wolves out there...

Rikandur Azebol said:
And, Serpenteye, can I ask You one some questions ? Where can I get stats for Iuz ? Is he divine spellcaster or arcane magus ? And most importantly ... wich Divine Domains belong to him ? My guess is Pain and War ... But I don't know for sure. :uhoh:

Your guess is as good as mine... I'll see if I can find anything.

Knight Otu said:
The exact nature of Ashardalon's survival and/or return will propably discussed between me and Serpenteye before the start of the game, though I've given a slight possibility earlier.

Assuming he was killed in any of the usual ways he could very easily have been True Resurrected.

Thomas Hobbes said:
Elves would be nice. They're philisophically aligned, they have the magical firepower the common people lack, and perhaps most importantly... those evil people are scary. o_O

Also, it strikes me that druids, which elves have in abundance, will be the only (full) divine casters. Booyah!

Major character(s) on this end of things will probably be a Bard/Evangelist (head of operations for the Church), Some Fighter/Holy Liberators, and Elven Wizards and Druids, some of which will likely be heads of state.

There are (unclaimed) elves in Celene and the Lendarl Islands. Those territories are now yours, if you want them. We can also easily insert elven civilizations in off-map locations if you want some more power.
Your druids will be very useful indeed.

Knight Otu

First Post
Rikandur Azebol said:
Where can I get stats for Iuz ? Is he divine spellcaster or arcane magus ? And most importantly ... wich Divine Domains belong to him ? My guess is Pain and War ... But I don't know for sure. :uhoh:
According to Dragon #294 (which has a Deities and Demigods style writeup), Cleric 20/Assassin 10. Domains are Chaos, Evil and Trickery. He has the same domains in the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer (Trickery - goes very well with his favored weapon greatsword. ;)).

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Serpenteye said:
My mistake. :eek: Hold of Stonefist it is.
Your guess is as good as mine... I'll see if I can find anything.

Thank You for explaination. And I had found a bit about Iuz, he is magic using Cambion ... :\ Tanar'ri, But I'm not sure what the hell cambions are. Since his momma is necromancer, I would guess that he isn't divine spellcaster. :p

And one interesting twist about his priesthood ... Priests sponsored by him are unable to use Cure spells ! But from the other point of view ... His undead servitors can be reviwed with Inflict spells. Chmm ... must change doctrine a bit ... maybe this will be reserved for Prestige Class ? Yes, that is good choice ! Prestige Class with spells avaible only to Mouth's of Iuz.

But nowhere to find his stats ... I will search more. :lol:

In any case, for example secret agreements, we can contact via @mail.
For secret contacts and sheming here goes mine: guldan[at]wp[dot]pl.

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Cambions were, in 2e, half-tanar'ri. He'd basically be a half-fiend of extremely high character level and a low divine rank.

I'll use my Yahoo mail address for this game; the address is joejay1066.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Serpenteye said:
There are (unclaimed) elves in Celene and the Lendarl Islands. Those territories are now yours, if you want them. We can also easily insert elven civilizations in off-map locations if you want some more power.
Your druids will be very useful indeed.

Those two sound good (where are those islands, anyway?), and I'm laying claim to the alleigance of any expatriated elves besides. ;)

My e-mail, for cladestine communications, is ternashandrik(at)yahoo(dot)com.

I shall investigate the greyhawk resources to find out more about the history thereof, paticularly my territory (of special interest are any prexisiting NPCs I should aquire).

Is there any one place I should look for a primer on how IR works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads