(IR) Setting up for the IR

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Zelda, there has been no contact between Toril and Oerth, except in secret.

The policy of the United Commonwealth of Toril has been to secretly build up one power on Oerth, and cause an IR there that is non-violent.

Thus, contact between the Lortmil Technomancy of Oerth and the Torilians has been very common, and some Torilians stick around permanently in the LT.

The Church of Shade is based out of Toril.
But they have been very discreet, very quiet, up til now concerning their doings on Oerth.
They have contacted many people on Oerth, but always under guises, always with secret agendas.
After all, they also had to rediscover how to use technomancy, in Greyspace.

The Border Guard of Toril has been very careful in who was allowed into Realmspace, and who has subsequently been allowed back out again.
Spelljammers returning to Oerth report ... well, they don't remember anything, for some mysterious reason, about Toril except that they traded there and that it was a perfectly normal place.
Spelljammers from Toril keep their mouths shut about the situation in Realmspace.

Zelda, most of Oerth is medieval or in the Dark Ages (one step further down.)
Only the Lortmil Technomancy has seen the renaissance and enlightenment, and they are at late 18th century standards.
The Church of Shadow is at late 18th century standards, but I'm not sure if the terms renaissance and enlightenment apply to them.

The rulers and people of Oerth have no idea what is going on in Realmspace, know nothing of the last two IRs except some rumors too fantastic to be believed, and the rulers of Oerth are quite content with their normal business - their normal business being building up their armies, taxing their people to death, and otherwise living high on the hog.

I refer you to the IR thread in In Character, Zelda.
There, I have set up the framework for the IR on the 20th.

I seriously suggest you consider claiming additional powers (the same thing goes for Kesh, too.)
But if not, remember that you can take advantage of the Arms Races (see the rules section.)

dagger

Adventurer
Edena_of_Neith

I am staking a claim to The Orcish Empire of the Pomarj and The rest of the Drow of the Underdark (drow, slaves of all types, evil).

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Noted, Dagger. I will update the list.
Please note that you are contesting with Turrosh Mak on the Orcs and Kalanyr on the drow.
You are entitled to that contest ... if you and they cannot settle the matter, when the IR starts a state of civil war will exist in those Powers, if you state that are doing one thing, and they state they are doing something else.

dagger

Adventurer
I withdraw my claim for now, I must have read the list wrong.

I would change my claim to these powers.

The Duchy of Ulek
The County of Ulek
The Principality of Ulek

William Ronald

Explorer
It might be a good idea if we start including an e-mail address in our posts for quick communication.

Has anyone heard from Forrester?

Edena:

It might be a good idea for you to contact some of the people who were active in the previous IR threads, even if they played different parties then. It would probably be one of the easiest ways to get people. (Is the members list working yet?)

New people are greatly welcome. If you are reading this thread and want to learn more about how everything will work, and what this is all about, please go to: http://www.enworld.org/messageboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2776

For first timers looking at this post, the IR thread will be kind of a role playing session that will look at what happens in the World of Greyhawk when the industrial revolution begins among the gnomes.

Edena, could you put in a more eloquent explanation of what the thread is about for people who aren't familiar with the previous threads.

William

Last edited:

Rhialto

First Post
Pshaw!

Let everyone else have their death rays and ultra-powerful empires.

I'm gonna being doing it the ol' fashioned way--cunning and guile...

William Ronald

Explorer
Now, now, Rhialto. You can be powerful and cunning.

As I recall you have the Black Brotherhood or the Scarlet Brotherhood?

If you know anyone who might want to join in on this, please ask them - whether they were on a previous IR thread or not. I thought you did an excellent portrayal of your party in the previous IR thread.

Remove ads