(IR) Setting up for the IR

Mr. Draco

First Post
Dagger!

Dagger: Hi! Also, no reason to be so humble about it, we haven't started yet! Just look over edena's list of available factions vs those taken, pick whichever ones look interesting, post which ones you've picked, and you're in! That simple.

By the way, I am sure I speak for everyone in saying, glad to have you onboard!

dagger

Adventurer
Re: Dagger!

Thanks!

Is that post on the first page up to date? Just don’t want to claim a faction when it might have already been scooped up.

Mr. Draco said:
Dagger: Hi! Also, no reason to be so humble about it, we haven't started yet! Just look over edena's list of available factions vs those taken, pick whichever ones look interesting, post which ones you've picked, and you're in! That simple.

By the way, I am sure I speak for everyone in saying, glad to have you onboard!

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Kas and Vecna

Anabstercorian said:
[B
Kas and Vecna are from the Arcane Age, and are Flannae, not Oerthian, I think. IF this is the case, I have no beef with them, since whatever goodness we Flannae once had is long gone. Of course, Anabstercorian considers Vecna a heretic, so he's going to be going down at any rate. [/B]

Actually, they were/are both Suel.

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Re: Re: About the color thing...

Darkness said:
I believe this was meant to indicate which faction one is speaking to.

Ah, I see.
Well in that case, Might I sugest that only the name of the person it is addressed to be colored. Just to keep things from getting to Garrish :)

For Example:

Serpenteye:Like this... It will draw attention to the comment but it will still be readible (which is my main concern).

How many colors are availible? And could someone post a "color guide" to the factions so we know what color to use when addressing a coment.

Last edited:

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Re: Re: Dagger!

dagger said:
Thanks!

Is that post on the first page up to date? Just don’t want to claim a faction when it might have already been scooped up.

It should be. Edena is, you might say, Religious in updating the list. That's because he really wants this to happen.

Oh, and welcome aboard :D

Serpenteye

First Post
To Turrosh Mak, Edena, Everybody.

Turosh Mak wrote:
---------------
Serpenteye:Like this...
---------------

Yes, Turosh? ;)

Back on topic. I think everybody should write in the post subject line who the post is derected to in order of importance or adressing-order .

for example: To Turrosh Mak, Edena, Everybody. (but in the subject line)

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Welcome aboard, Dagger!

Hi, Dagger! Welcome to the thread. I am glad you are joining in, as I am sure everyone else is.

I finally figured what I was doing wrong with the colors. Well, blue it is for the Kevellond League. Maybe we could use this format.

From The Kevellond League:
To Turrosh Mak:
Did your troops receive the wine I sent them? Did they like it?

You might want to check out the link to my Legendary Persons and Places of the World of Greyhawk:
http://www.enworld.org/messageboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2679

Hopefully, it will give you useful information and maybe a few role playing hooks.

Before the thread starts, lets try to drum up a few more members. Maybe mention this thread in some of your posts and provide a link. Its up to us to try to make the IR thread a success.

Talk to you soon.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
I would like to welcome Dagger to the IR.
Dagger, feel free to pick any power you want, including those already picked (others are doing that!)

Anabstercorian, is this Riot Gear I am speaking to? If so, should I change your SN designation in the Claims List (the second post on page 1) to Anabstercorian from Riot Gear?

There are now multiple overlapping claims.

Kalanyr is at the heart of this.
Not only is Kalanyr still claiming Bone March and Medegia, but now Forsaken One is claiming the drow, illithid, derro, and duergar of the Hellfurnaces (Kalanyr, you don't have to take that ... I know about your friend ... why don't you and Forsaken One sit down and have a little e-mail chat?)

There are a large number of unclaimed powers.
The most notable being the Eastern League of Nyrond, the County of Urnst, the Duchy of Urnst, the Demihumans of the Stonelands, and the Mountain Kingdom of Garrel Enkdal.
The Peoples of the Adri Forest will join the Eastern League at this point. Consider them in (they are NOT happy with the giant Aerdi alliance to their east.)

If anyone wants to claim this large block of nations, and you haven't already claimed an evil power (you can't claim both good and evil powers) then please go for it!

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Everyone, please have a look at the Claims List

Would everyone involved go to the Claims Post, and check it?
See if it is accurate, and all your claims are in?
It is the second post on Page One.

Dagger, you may claim any power on the Main List (the first post on Page One), including those claimed by the other people.
Heck, they are doing it, claiming each other's powers.
Then, you can e-mail them and discuss the matter. Compromise is always good.

Or, if you really want to cause some chaos, maintain your claim to their country, and contest their claim.
When the IR starts, that means immediate civil war in that country between your supporters and theirs!

Edena_of_Neith

William Ronald

Explorer
The joy of campaign calendars

As a courtesy to everyone who wishes to particpate in the IR thread, I have calculated the dates of various events. I am starting with the assumption that the current date in the LGG campaign setting CY 591 is equal to the current DR 1372 in the FRCS.

The reason I did this is that the different cultures and factions would be using different calendars, so they might want to refer to them. For example, the city of Greyhawk likely uses the Common Year calendar while the national of Celene would use the Olven Calendar. The United Commonwealth of Toril, represented by Forrester, most likely uses Dale Reckoning. I do not think that the Church of Shade, represented by Lord Melkor(Talos), would use the Dale Reckoning calendar. So I created a calendar based on the foundation of Netheril.

( I referred to page 13 of the Living Greyhawk Gazeteer and pages 266-271 of the Forgortten Realms Campaign Setting.)
So, here we go:

Event - End of the Greyhawk Wars.

Occurs in :
Common Year (FY) 584
Oeridian Reckoning(OR) 1228
Baklunish Hegira(BH) 3243
Flan Tracking(FT) 2734
Suloise Dating(SD) 6099
Olven Calendar (OC) 5046

On Toril:
Dale Reckoning (DR)1365 (Observed in many places in the Realms.)
Netherese Calendar (NC) 5224 (Observed by the City of Shade and allies.)

Date in current WOTC products:

CY 591
OR 1235
BH 3250
FT 2741
SD 6106
OC 5053

On Toril:
DR 1372
NC 5231

Edena, you stated that the thread will begin 40 years after the end of the Greyhawk Wars. So, if this is still the case, here is everyone's starting dates.

CY 624
OR 1268
BH 3283
FT 2774
SD 6139
OC 5086

On Toril:
DR 1405 (Probably observed by the UC of Toril and the indepent lands of Mystra's Chosen.)
NC 5264

I hope this helps everyone.

Edena: Have you gotten that TARDIS working yet? If not, let me know and I'll loan you a sonic screwdriver.:)

I will not try to claim anything more for a few days to encourage others to post their claims. I am trying to drum up support for our thread elsewhere. If anyone in this thread can make a casual mention of it here and there on the boards, it might help.

(Also, the info on the Legendary Persons and Places in the World of Greyhawk thread is quite good. Edena, you might also want to consier the information on Slerotin on page 65 of the LGG thread for another possible personage of power. Also, when I checked my LGG on Geoff and Sterich, it was Geoff that was overrun by the giants not Sterich. Sterich was listed as recently reclaimed in 591 CY. Off course, things may change by 624 CY. )

Remove ads