(IR) The 1st IC-thread of the 1st Turn of the 5th IR

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
:)

(imagines Acererak showing up in the midst of this: I AM ACERERAK THE GREAT, AND YOU ALL WILL BOW TO ...)

(WHAP!)

(Everyone else to Acererak: WAIT YOUR TURN. WE'LL GET TO YOU WHEN WE'RE DONE WITH EACH OTHER!)

:)

James Heard

Explorer
OOC:
Again, for clarity - Zagyg isn't "offering himself up for worship." The drow are defacto directly in accordance of his portfolio for the time being: Magical beings in massive unexpected transition. If Zagyg were the god of storms he wouldn't "offer himself up for worship" by being sucked into the needs and necessities of a hurricane, he'd just have to attend to it. This is a similar situation, others are offering their divine services. The drow have stumbled into one of the basic building blocks of Zagyg's divinity, they don't have to worship him at this point for him to attend to them. He's just there because of the state they're in, providing divine aid in accordance to imperatives dictated by his place in the universe. When the sun rises, everyone worships the sun who enjoys its light. This is the same situation. Whether you acknowledge the sun is of no consequence, it provides you light because that is its nature to do so at the proper times and you are in the proper places.

I don't expect the drow to know who Zagyg is actually, and who knows? Maybe they'll be pretty ticked off when they don't get their "proper" spells. After a while the transition will be over and his influence will wane unless they stay irrational or cling to his power by their prayers. Like a sudden tornado that a storm god must attend to, Zagyg must do this. Just for further clarity, if any other of anyone's people decide to go completely nutjob over the lack of divine power they're also getting a dose of what Zagyg is really about as well. The circumstance of radical change and magic are the catalysts for Zagyg's divine "job" really, nothing normally changes much. What did everyone think Zagyg was all about, practical jokes? There are other deities for that. Zagyg is the god of the unexpected and MAGIC though, he's the error correction for the deities of magic and the only reason he's not a bigger deal is that the other deities of magic rarely make errors.

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
OOC:
Iuz wasn't attacking Eclavdra ! Boohoo, he tried to defend her from Drow Goddes who will poison her mind. He feel terribly dissapointed here and may withdraw. :)

Okay, Festy, You made it clear first. Thank You. :D

IC:
*Iuz nearly split Hachiman's face in two with his greatsword that was raised agains Elistaree. Look of utter suprise written all over his old face. Reason seem to return to him when he thrusted the blade into the ground with great howl of anguish.*

Who are You samurai ? I didn't breached my word ! I was visiting my friend and ally Elcavdra when this ... disease overcame her people. And then I saw Drow Goddes entering Eclavdra's throneroom. I reacted true to my word, retribution on all who attack my allies from TEC Pact ! She should be beheaded for not defending Eclavdra !!!

*Thump of Iuz's severed hand pointed at Morwel.*

Besides ... It is up to Council to decide ! Not You, foreign upstart !

*Demon God gazed at his bleeding arm and cauterized wound within nearest fire. Then he bore his eyes in Elistaree's form.*

You will be punished by Council then for attacking my ally along with Your traitorous protector !

*Another pointing at Morwel.*

Now, where's Eclavdra ?!

Gurdjieff

First Post
OoC: Eep, busy weekend and suddenly so much to catch up. IC posts coming up soon... Sorry for the lack of posting from me last couple of days.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Hachiman suddenly appeared, interposing himself between Eilistraee and Iuz. His visage is one of serenity, but his hand is upon the katana at his side.

“This ceases now,” he says, in a calm and clear tone, “It is my interpretation that Iuz has violated the TEC pact, as its terms are made publicly clear. As I am a member of the Miranda Treaty, any attack upon Morwel, or those under her protection, must be responded to by all members.”

Morwel also backs down but stands guard over Ellisterae and if the situation seems calm enough she will invoke her own divine power to cast heal on the drow goddess.

To Iuz
"Defending Eclavdra from what ? Rhynnon ? Her erstwhile ally ? The sickness ? How ? Ellisterae who was trying to aid her ? And if you wish to invoke the council every time the TEC comes into play, well then the situation will be passed before anything can be accomplised. I believe Eclavdra is with Rhynnon although the Archmerchant may have her. " A brief look of disgust passes Morwel's face

"I shall scry for her if you will allow me to do so, and I swear that if she is in any danger, I will inform you and go to her aid. I am ever true to the spirit of my oaths."

OOC: Sorry I have no idea where Eclavdra is, I'm unsure if Rhynnon has her (first post way back), or the Archmerchant (in response to Edena's post).

Galeda and Zennef appear at either side of Morwel. Energy blade and greataxe wielded respectively. They take a brief moment to incline their heads respectfully.

“It’s been too long, Lady Morwel,” Galeda says, watching the situation anxiously, “Seeing you get involved, well, we couldn’t just stand there.”

Zennef grunts, and lays down some protective arcane magicks.

(Hachiman, 3 epic PL, and another 2 epic PL are now with Morwel and Eilistraee)

Morwel takes a moment to nod.

"Indeed it has Galeda, it is good to see you and I thank you for your aid. Zennef ever busy. "

Faerinal will aid Zennef in laying down his arcane protections.

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC -

Compiles a list of the drow's new domain options and favoured weapons.

The drow originally start with:

Lolth (CE): Chaos, Drow, Evil, Darkness, Destruction, Spider, Trickery Favoured Weapon: Whip

Who fell silent:

Zagyg (CN): Chaos, Knowledge, Magic, Rune, Spell Favoured Weapon: Club
possibly with the help of
Murlynd (LG): Good, Knowledge, Law Favoured Weapon: Longsword

Morwel (CG): Chaos, Fey, Good, Arborea Favoured Weapon: Rapier
Eilistraee (CG): Chaos, Charm, Drow, Elf, Good, Moon, Portal Favoured Weapon: Bastard Sword

Iuz (CE): Chaos, Evil, Suffering, Trickery Favoured Weapon: Greatsword

I hope the drow like swords, they can pretty much have their choice of them. And they have a wide variety of domains for any alignment except Lawful Evil and True neutral, but its not like anyone gave those drow spells before anyway.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
ooc:
Bedlam indeed... :cool:

I will soon answer your posts at greater length, but first I wanted to share my general impression.
It seems after reading the last pages of the thread that noone is particularly interested in widening the incident in the Great City and the other drow cities to a full-scale war. I got the impression that it was something most of you wanted to avoid. I'm going to base my longer post on that assumption, but first tell me; Am I wrong?

Bugbear

First Post
Nyrond would like to see the situation contained with a minimum loss of life. "let's give peace a chance"

As for Eclavdra, she should be with Rhynnon unless somewone intervined and took her. They went to the safe section of the great city which was sucured by the Kinghts and the Modrons to be with her people.

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
Aerdi sure does not want a war at this point. ;)

I have absolutely no idea where Eclavdra is now. Let me check if she safely arrived in Rel Astra...

Edena said:
An important point here: they are not enthusiastic, and Aerdi is an evil leaning power.
More than half the drow delegation in Aerdi dies.
But those that remain, do not Withdrawl. They turn into the horrific, insanely evil drow (so evil they make the old drow look like elves in comparison) that I said was a possibility. This takes all of Turn 1 to happen.
As soon as the healers notice that their efforts to heal the drow are in vain, and that those healed turn to monsters (despite the precautions that were taken against this!), they contact the other members of the TEC pact as well as Al'Akbar, for advice, or to transport the drow into their care.

William said:
OOC: Al'Akbar's ambassadors in Aerdy no doubt hear the speech and report it to him. Not a slam against Knight Otu or his faction. )
(Sure, that would happen, it was a public speech after all. Not that I see a reaction to the speech in your post. ;))

Remove ads