(IR) The 1st IC-thread of the 1st Turn of the 5th IR

Guilt Puppy

First Post
When Elistraee falls, six individuals in sleek red garb, faces obscured by ornate masks, teleport in to surround Iuz. One speaks: "We consider that the theft of Eclavadra's Regalia represents an attack equal to her life. The terms of the pact are clear." The voice is Abbon Craylor's, and he says it with a judicial lack of enthusiasm.

The Elder Brothers attack Iuz.

Meanwhile:

Messages are sent to members of the TEC Pact, starting with the Wolf God.

"We hold Iuz in treason for the theft of Eclavdra's Regalia. Regardless of our position regarding her power, that resolution has not been reached, and so is not binding. Eclavdra is, for the moment, afforded full protection, and likewise Iuz must be held fully responsible for his actions.

We shall shortly loose the reins on our Brothers in the North, who have longed for revenge against his Empire. We request full passage from those territories which lie en route. When we have routed his Empire, the territory shall belong to those who have most assisted us."

The Scarlet Brotherhood moves no troops, just yet.

Uvenelei

First Post
Serpenteye said:
And the battle is over.

Elistraee, clinging to life by pure force of will, collapses on the scarred floor.

(Elistraee is down to 0 epPL, just barely alive but helpless. Iuz is down to 1,1 epPL, seriously wounded.)

This is still a game of DnD, no matter how large, and thus the meaning of life in a DnD world ("Kill people and take their stuff") still applies. I'll forgoe killing Elistraee, but I do claim looting rights. I help myself to a few shiny things, then go back home. She's defeated, and Eclavdra was taken away by TEC Pact members, so she's safe.

edit: When the Elder Brothers show up and attack Iuz, I make sure they don't kill him; the legality of his actions should be determined at the summit. If found guilty of an attack on Eclavdra, he can be dealt with more harshly then, but for now he should be only taken into custody.

As for the non-TEC powers present, I say to them that Eclavdra is safe and Elistraee is defeated; they should take the demigoddess and leave, as this is TEC business.

Last edited:

Bugbear

First Post
Guilt Puppy said:
TEC Pact Members:

The Scarlet Brotherhood suggests that both the Drow Resolution and the TEC Summit take place immediately. I, Brother Abbon Craylor, shall arrive there shortly, and await what other representatives may come.
This may not be possible given current circumstances, but I agree that the finalization of the TEC pact should take place as soon as possible. Until the TEC conference takes place, the Pact is at best an informal affair.
We wish to make public our opening statements concerning both matters:

The Drow Resolution:

We feel that given the utter chaos which permeates their cities, the Drow and the Empire of Eclavdor can no longer be considered a nation for any functional purposes, and neither Elistraee, Eclavdra, nor anyone they claim as subjects should have any eligibility for protection or obligation under the TEC Pact. At such time as chaos this chaos is resolved, and a clear leader steps forward, they should of course be allowed to sign into the Pact; but they would represent a new, distinct power, and should not be afforded any special consideration until they have signed.

The Yuan-Ti Empire, however, appears to represent an unbroken nation who, though no longer beholden to Eclavdra, should still be held to all commitments she bestowed upon them during her reign. We consider them members of the TEC Pact, to receive full protection and to be accountable for all obligations it entails.
A few hours of civic disorder does not unmake a nation. Until the situation becomes clear, Nyrond considers the Empire of Eclavdor to be the Empire of Eclavdor. If the Yaun-Ti have, as it seems broken off from the Empire, then they may or may not wish to sign into the pact. They may now be an indipentant power, and as such should be treated with the respect that they diserve.
The TEC Summit:

First, the Scarlet Brotherhood calls for the creation of a system for collective action and decision-making between the powers. We propose a simple vote, by which any proposed action or amendment to the terms of the Pact shall be ratified by any two-thirds of the powers involved. The terms of this system should stipulate clearly that all powers in the Pact will be held obligated to any proposal so ratified, regardless of their own approval. We believe that this issue should be addressed first, to provide a simpler means for recognizing consensus among the other concerns raised at the Summit.
Nyrond agrees with this and seconds the motion.

Second, we propose an article be added to the Pact which shall exempt any power from protection against an attack which has been provoked by their own aggression. This article should clearly state that this exemption shall only cover attacks equalling the original aggression, and then be lifted; that is, should Pact Member A attack Foreign Power B with 10,000 troops, then B may respond with an attack to A of 10,000 troops without fear of recourse. Should B send 20,000 troops, then that would represent 10,000 troops beyond exemption, and the mutual retribution clause would require all pact members to send forces equalling 10,000 troops against power B.

Nyrond does not agree with this, since 10,000 men does not equil 10,000 demons. should party A send 10,000 demons against party B who only has halflings withwhich to defend, party B would have no choice but to send more than the allowed 10,000.
Instead I propose that acts of agression by Pact mambers against non-pact members do not bring into being the retribution clause of the pact. Members may ask for assisstance from individual pact members, but that is between them and does not and should not involve the pact as a whole.

Kalanyr:

[sblock]"Would Lady Morwel risk letting Iuz go, allowing his evil to exist further and bring suffering to more lives when she has a chance to end him now, an option which she has every right to use? I promise that should you let him go there will be few prime chances as the one which lays now before you. Alternatively, if Iuz lets you go and the council doesn't punish you, which it shouldn't, he may now bear a grudge. If he is there to lead his forces they will be stronger from his ferver. Deal with him now, under auspices that if the council should resign him to his fate, that he should at least be imprisoned until then, if you so choose. I have already promised my aid."[/sblock]

Serpenteye and Kalanyr:

[sblock]If Morwel continues to attack Iuz, she has Glu'boise's Ring of Gaxx and Ring of Cirrus should she wish to have them as I've noted previously.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Airwhale

First Post
This is still a game of DnD, no matter how large, and thus the meaning of life in a DnD world ("Kill people and take their stuff") still applies. I'll forgoe killing Elistraee, but I do claim looting rights. I help myself to a few shiny things, then go back home. She's defeated, and Eclavdra was taken away by TEC Pact members, so she's safe.

The elvish Imperial navy and Keoghtom will obviously attempt to stop anyone hostle from coming anywhere *near* the demigod. Also, General Legubim will ask if the demigod wishes to be transported someplace safer untill she recovers.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Uvenelei said:
edit: When the Elder Brothers show up and attack Iuz, I make sure they don't kill him; the legality of his actions should be determined at the summit. If found guilty of an attack on Eclavdra, he can be dealt with more harshly then, but for now he should be only taken into custody.

The Brothers insist that he should be fully subdued (dropped 0, as Elistraee), and stripped of the Regalia, but we agree not to kill him. Although it may be hard to quibble much over details, since the Elder Brothers aren't wasting any time getting to the subdual part.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
GuiltPuppy said:
Messages are sent to members of the TEC Pact, starting with the Wolf God.

"We hold Iuz in treason for the theft of Eclavdra's Regalia. Regardless of our position regarding her power, that resolution has not been reached, and so is not binding. Eclavdra is, for the moment, afforded full protection, and likewise Iuz must be held fully responsible for his actions.

The Wolf God responds with a runner, a poor frightened quaggoth carrying a hastily scrawled missive. "This is a matter which must be determined at a meeting of all member nations; as many are already in the Great City, we will hold the summit there."

It is likely several days, at the very minimum, before the Wolf God leaves his task of organizing and restraining the humanoids.

Uvenelei

First Post
Airwhale said:
The elvish Imperial navy and Keoghtom will obviously attempt to stop anyone hostle from coming anywhere *near* the demigod. Also, General Legubim will ask if the demigod wishes to be transported someplace safer untill she recovers.

Since I was one of the two hostile powers that brought her down in the first place, I figure I'm about 5' away, since I don't use a reach weapon. However, if you insist, you can have her stuff, but you owe me something in return.

Guilt Puppy said:
The Brothers insist that he should be fully subdued (dropped 0, as Elistraee), and stripped of the Regalia, but we agree not to kill him. Although it may be hard to quibble much over details, since the Elder Brothers aren't wasting any time getting to the subdual part.

If I get this assurance, then very well, I won't interfere. However, I deem it within Iuz's rights to kill the lot of you if he can.

Airwhale

First Post
Uvenelei said:
Since I was one of the two hostile powers that brought her down in the first place, I figure I'm about 5' away, since I don't use a reach weapon. However, if you insist, you can have her stuff, but you owe me something in return.

If I get this assurance, then very well, I won't interfere. However, I deem it within Iuz's rights to kill the lot of you if he can.

The elves and Ranzwick were fighting along side her, so they were even closer. While they stop fighting when it is apparent that no one is about to kill her, they are not about to let anyone touch her. If you do attempt to loot her body or molest her in any way after she has fallen, they will continue to fight.

The elves would be shocked (In a british sort of way) if you implied they were about to loot the demigods body. They would keep on yammering about some oath they took.

Last edited:

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Uvenelei said:

Since it seems your request will be made fairly strongly, Abbon Craylor will step away from the battle, remove his mask, and politely assure you that the demigod will not be slain until members of the Pact have had appropriate time to consider the charges against him.

Behind him, the others are jumping and spinning around, throwing showers of gleaming shuriken, and generally trying to get things taken care of as quickly as possible. Once his assurance is made, Craylor dons his mask once more, and returns to the fray.

Remove ads