(IR) The 1st IC-thread of the 1st Turn of the 5th IR

Bugbear

First Post
Rikandur Azebol said:
It dissapeared in his hands to great suprise of King Rhynnon, along with all tracks of Iuz's divine blood.
I'll leave the ruleing on the current whereabouts of your hand to our GM serpenteye. You have a somewhat personal interest in getting it back, just as I have somewhat personal interest in keeping it. Serpenteye will decide where it shall go.

Serpenteye said:
You got the Nose and the Yawbone of Elistraee, but Bugbear got the Hand of Iuz (If I'm not mistaken he posted that before Rik posted about teleporting his hand back).

Thank you for that swift ruling.

The hand shall be kept in a secret and seccure location, guarded by wards and enchantments to protect from scrying, teleportation, and other mischief, especially from Iuz.

Uvenelei

First Post
Bugbear said:
The hand shall be kept in a secret and seccure location, guarded by wards and enchantments to protect from scrying, teleportation, and other mischief, especially from Iuz.

I bet the safest place would be at the end of one of your wrists. Plus, you probably get some kind of nifty bonus for attaching the severed hand of a demigod to yourself, or so I'm told.

Either that, or attach it to your eye socket.
Wait, no, that's not right... nevermind.

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Bugbear said:
I'll leave the ruleing on the current whereabouts of your hand to our GM serpenteye. You have a somewhat personal interest in getting it back, just as I have somewhat personal interest in keeping it. Serpenteye will decide where it shall go.

OOC:
Okay, You won. But I urge You to take notice of Iuz's visit in Rhynnon's presence. :)

Bugbear said:
Thank you for that swift ruling.

OOC:
Especially ? And what with mischiefs made by not so just Rhynnon. He's soo supersitious. ;)
Must wait what time will tell. Giggle. :p

Airwhale

First Post
Serpenteye said:
The people, Dwarves, Kobolds, Goblinoids, Gnomes and Orcs, greet your messenger with cheering. Even though Gallador's reign was not particularly hard they still lived under an everprecent threat. Now, many of them hope, they have a chance to be free once again. They seek a return to the days of old, the time of small but proud independent tribes and kingdoms.

Anyone expressing this to the thousands of burocrats setting up shop in the Sulhut mountains is likely to be disappointed. While the people are free, and labor is not forced, the land does belong to the government of ginsel. Due to the potentially hostile powers surrounding these mountains, the government (i.e. Ranzwick) truly does believe that the mountains would fall quickly if not unified under the Ginsel flag. A propaganda campaign is started, to drive this home to the people of the Mountain region. Pictures of elves, orcs, dwarves, gnomes, goblins, and humans all fighting together against potential hostiles such as Veneca, hoards of drow, giant red dragons, etc. Underneath the pictures are slogans such as "Oerth is in a state of turmoil... only by standing together can we protect ourselves from those who would harm us."

20 elite pls from the navy of ginsel and the free traders are assisting in this conversion

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC - Since the boards will be going down and will be locked for these forums when they come back up I recommend we move this to

Bugbear's Bugboards
http://p078.ezboard.com/bbugboards2

We can create 2 threads in general discussion there to continue this. I have copies of the IR threads to teh immediate momement (or am getting them currently). And will post them there when the ezboard maintenance finishes.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Eclavdra has recovered from the temporary madness caused by the massive influx of magic from so many powers.
Looking at the reality of things through a new perspective, she is quite humbled.

She pleads for mercy for her killing of the modrons, and the injuries caused.
She offers in humility to behave herself, and to be of use in the current grave situation.
She offers to go to the TEC Summit, and be a voice of reason there.

If charges are not brought against her, she pleads for her freedom from the Nyrondese hospital.
She asks if Eilistraee would accept her reverence and worship?
She asks how she could be of use in aiding her stricken people (she does not presume to know how to aid them. She doesn't know.)

It would appear pride has been blasted out of Eclavdra. In it's place is humility. Humility, a new concept for the drow, learned the hard way by this drow girl.

Bugbear

First Post
No charges are pressed against Eclavdra.
She was not in her right mind
However we do require the Empire of Eclavdor to pay for the cost of repairing the damage caused by the battle.

Eclavdra is released on her own recognizance, and provided transportation to the TEC pact conference.

Her regalia, however will be held for the time being. She is on probation, and must prove herself before they will be returned.

William Ronald

Explorer
(OOC: We seem to be back online.)

Al'Akbar, after leaving Rel Mord, returns to Ekbir. The clergy of main faiths, including priests of Moradin, Garl Glittergold, Yondalla, Heironeous, Pelor, Saint Cuthbert, Wee Jas, Lendor and many others ask to meet with the demigod. Their common concerns are why have Oerth and all of Greyspace has been isolated from the rest of the multiverse and why have they lost contact with their gods.

"I do not know what has happened on the other planes. I believe the gods set up the barrier around Greyspace to protect us from invasion from those forces attacking the planes. It is my hope that one day you shall all hear from your gods."

"Until such time, I am granting spells to those whose philosophical outlooks parallel those of my own clergy. I do this to honor your deities. I have high regard for them and their teachings. I will not require any priest to convert to my worship. However, if any chose to worship me, let them do so out of free will. I have welcomed people of many lands and many races to my faith and my clergy."

"Let me say a few words on behalf of some of your gods. Heironeous is brave, as is his brother Hextor. Perhaps as we speak, the fight side by side against those who would threaten our world. The courage, compassion, and wisdom of the dwarven gods led by Moradin, the gnomish pantheon led by Garl Glittergold, and the halfling gods led by Yondalla are reknowned. I respect the Suel deities Lendor, Wee Jas, and many others. Indeed, they have temples in the lands of my allies, the League of Athyr and Greater Nyrond."

"In this time of crises, I believe that all those of good will should stand together. Indeed, all Oerth and Greyspace should stand against the Whispered One and others who would bring us to ruin. My mullahs and qadis will treat the clergy of all neutral and good clergy as allies. Similarly, we will treat the worshippers of those neutral and good deities who are not present on Oerth or Greyspace with respect and friendship."

"The only exception I make to my gift is that of the Hopping Prophet. (OOC: Wastri.) While I respect the intelligent amphibian races, I disagree with the Hopping Prophets declaration that elves, dwarves, halflings, and gnomes should be exterminated while orcs, bullywugs, and goblins exist only to be slaves. I have no use for bigotry."

"Instead, I think that all the peoples of Oerth and Greyspace should work together. What should matter is the content of one's character, not one's race, gender, nation, or culture. I am honored to have priests of many human cultures, as well as those of other races. In my view, those societies that have worked to include people of many races as full members, such as Orcreich and the Khanates or the Malkuvah Baklunim, the Baklunish Empire, have benefitted from the diverse views and skills of their citizens."

AIRWHALE:
Private
[sblock]Al'Akbar's government presents your leadership with copies of historical and political works on the Malkuvah Baklunim, and its various lands. In Zeif, for example, orcs, kobolds, and other races have a tradition of being intergrated into a common society. Similar, elves, dwarves and others enjoy full citizenship. Plus, Al'Akbar can give a speech if you wish.[/sblock]

(OOC: Uvenelei, you said the stars were gone. However, Oerth and Greyspace operate under a Ptolemaic solar system model. So, the stars are actually inside the shell at the edge of the Crystal Sphere. Or at least some of them are. Also, if we had s-blocks I would have put a description of Al'Akbar's religion in it as I did in the OOC thread.)

William Ronald

Explorer
A vision for tomorrow

Al'Akbar continues his dialogue with the drow and the elven peoples.

"In the future, I believe we have many perils and opportunities. There is the risk that nation will war against nation, while our common foes plot against us. This is folly, as these foes could take advantage of these wars for their benefit and our ruin."

"However, there is much to be said for understanding and cooperation. I promised Vesharess Eclavdra when I first returned to Oerth that I would stand with her against those who would bring ruin upon all. Furthermore, I promised Eclavdra that I would ensure that even if the drow were overcome, I would ensure that at least some of her people would survive."

"While there are many with whom I disagree on important issues, I can still respect their abilities. We can build a better future, one that honors the sacrifices of our forebears and is held in trust for our posterity. There are many who have fought side by side, and many who will fight side by side for the first time in defense of what they love."

"There are great changes occuring in our time. The changes that the drow are going though is but one of them. The drow are rediscovering a part of their nature they forgot. To aid them in this change, I will show them and you some of the things they have forgotten as I first experienced them."

The drow and others see, in a way that does not hurt their vision, the beauty of the heavens. "These are the stars of Greyspace, at the outermost limit of the Crystal Sphere."

The drow see an overview of Greyspace from the edge of the Crystal Sphere. "These are the worlds of Greyspace, of which you can learn more. Many are places of great beauty and wonder, home to life and civilizations."

Next, the drow see the image of the moons Luna and Celene in their beauty. "These are the moons of Oerth. The large moon is Luna and the smaller moon is Celene."

Next, the drow and others see a mostly round globe. It has blue seas, land masses with the colors of forests, deserts, and plains. The world's ice caps can be seen by those watching the scene, as can the clouds above the surface of the world. "Behold Oerth as seen from a distance. Our beautiful world, home to many diverse peoples and cultures, is shown in its true beauty."

The drow and others also see some of the beautiful sights of Oerth, from waterfalls, to coastlines, to the stark beauty of the deserts to the verdant wonders of the jungles and forests. They also see the city of Ekbir, where people of many races are engaged in trade, commerce, and in living as a community.

"We must ensure that the beauty and wonder of Oerth and all of Greyspace is preserved. Life is precious, found in a variety of forms that can amaze even the keenest intellect. I believe that all sentience is akin in a great family of Being. All of us are voices in a chorus, unique and valuable but capable of so much more in convert with others."

"You are loved by many, who have risked much for you. You should remember that your lives have value in and of themselves. Though you have faced great losses, you can only begin to guess at your true potential for strength and goodness. Some of you have never experienced love or forgivenes. There are many kinds of love."

For the first time, the drow sense the type of love that elven children have for their parents.
They sense the love of elven siblings for each other, the passion of youth, the devotion of a married couple, the love of parents for children, and the love of the individual for the community and the love of the community for the individual.

"Many other races have similar feelings. Although there are differences between races and cultures, I believe what unites us is ultimately more important and powerful than what divides us. When societies isolate themselves from others, they seem to inevitably suffer. However, those cultures that work with others, and have learned to even accept members of other races into their society. In the Baklunish Empire, people of many races have long been fully accepted as citizens in society. Ultimately, the best standard to judge others on is the content of their character. Goodness and compassion are found in many cultures, many philosophies, many shapes and many forms. Remember that you are loved and are not alone. I believe that all peoples can build a future worthy of our true potential as sentient beings. Reach out for the hand of friendship, and step into the Light of a new dawn."

For the first time, the drow see the sun rising out of the sea, bringing light to a darkened land.

Remove ads