(IR) The 1st IC-thread of the 1st Turn of the 5th IR

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Kalanyr said:
Faerinaal will approach Eclavdra making no move to attack the Imp.

"Your master was directly responsible for this, I will not forget."

IC: TEC Summit
Imp gazed at Faerinaal with loathing written all over his face. And hissed hatefully.

"If You do so, challenge him in open combat, coward. It is You who rendered His attempt to free Her will from Elistraee's corruption meaningless."

Meantime, Morwel's place
Furious sending from Iuz reached Morwel.

"MORWEL ! I challenge You, to duel to death ! No magic, No divine power and only flesh and steel ! You have three heartbeats for response ... until communication spell fade avay."

This is heareble by anyone present nearby, Iuz is yelling furiously ... even if his voice is weak. Image of Iuz's Circus, where gladiators were fighting to death for pleasure of masses is also present. Morwel can see great sigils inscribed on the walls of the place. They are apparently unmaking all magic inside the arena. Red line borders where spell's influence ends.

OOC: Yup, it would be duel to death on mortal means. A +4 D +3 for Iuz and Morwel if she respond to challenge inmediatelly. Serpenteye will rule resolution ... But in case of Iuz's defeat he is physically dead. His spirit flees, after magic of the field wears off. :)

Xael!

Upon arriving your forces are accomodated with elves sent by Kalanyr, and one of Gallador`s daughters, Karthis Princess of Bones, greets Mordenkainen. She is a gaunt woman wearing wizard`s robes.

"Greetings mighty wizard! I have long desired to meet you and exchange arcane knowledge. My knowledge of the Art of Necromancy is quite vast, even my father admits it! If you desire undeath servitors, may your wizards help us with converting undeath legions of Salitisa!"

OOC: You can gain around 100 regular Pl of undeath if you help in converting them!

Rikandur Azebol said:
Edena ! :

IC:

Melkor, lord of ALL !:

Drelzna approached King Gallador and spoke with forcibly neutral tone, she seemed repeating these words like some puppet.

"We are forced to retreat ... Lord Gallador. Our clerics will remain in Your command to lend as much help as it is possible, War Maidens will fight and die for defeat of Iuz's enemy ... Vecna. Beware treason ... TEC Pact is filled with most unreliable <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=56">people</a>, only ones that could be trusted are Ashardalon, who in his might understands importance of Vecna's defeat. And Tempest, who defies all gods equally. I don't know what Lord Acererak's will be but he decided to turn against Vecna ... and I couldn't tell anymore for I don't know rest of them. Will You shelter Iggwilv if Empire fell to it's enemies ? I will die alongside with my brother and Lord."

And she gave small, ornate bottle of purple liquid to Gallador. Powerful energies crackling inside. And smell was raising hunger ... blood hunger.

"Iuz's blessing for You."

OOC:
Within is equivalent of 1 Regular PL of Iuz's divine blood. Bon apetit Gallador. :D

:]

Lord Gallador bows deeply to Drelzna:

"I am grateful for your help and bravery. It is unfortunate that I can`t send forces to help your Lord, but my own realms on Oerth are barely defended at all! But I urge Lord Iuz not to act in reckless anger, it isn`t likely entire Pact will be turned against him!"

OOC: Princess Meliana( 1 Epic Pl) is still on side of Iuz, you can treat her as shared NPC, and post her actions, she is CE and more similar to Iuz than her father.

Xael

First Post
Melkor said:
Upon arriving your forces are accomodated with elves sent by Kalanyr, and one of Gallador`s daughters, Karthis Princess of Bones, greets Mordenkainen. She is a gaunt woman wearing wizard`s robes.

"Greetings mighty wizard! I have long desired to meet you and exchange arcane knowledge. My knowledge of the Art of Necromancy is quite vast, even my father admits it! If you desire undeath servitors, may your wizards help us with converting undeath legions of Salitisa!"

OOC: You can gain around 100 regular Pl of undeath if you help in converting them!

"Greetings to you too mighty Necromancer. We see no reason not to accept undead servitors, for it would be a waste to see them all destroyed. My wizards will help in converting or capturing the enemy undead legions at best of their abilities. We believe that this war will help greatly in the future battles against Vecna, and since to wage war we came, we should at least try to gain something from it. Needless destruction will not help anybody."

OOC: Deal! :p

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC - I presume we are both relatively even on about 1 epic PL, if this is not the case ignore the below, I'm not foolish enough to enter a battle where I'm at a huge disadvantage.

Morwel ponders for a moment and nods
"Challenge accepted. Today is your final day upon this realm, old one."

Serpenteye (Rikandur, not for your eyes, but no evil traps for Iuz are set here, other things are dealt with.)
Private
[sblock]

Morwel will quickly remove a sufficient part (possibly by cutting it off) of herself for Faerinaal to clone her upon his return (if Iuz's death is not permanent by his words, her's will not be either), just before answering Iuz's challenge.

If Morwel survives this she'll depart and then check for any surprises that Iuz may have attempted to put on her person or surroundings.

And if this is an ambush Morwel will immediately flee as fast as possible to the boundaries of the warded area and then magically depart. And all available Elite PL teleport in to assist her escape.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Airwhale

First Post
5 elite pls (5 spelljammer ships) are headed to Gibinal to assist Melkors troops.

They do come with the stipulation that previous agreements to Ginsel may require their (and Foran's) removal next season.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Faerinaal shakes his head

"I am not foolish enough to sacrifice my life meaninglessly, if I believed I had a chance against your master or that my death would destroy him, I would. And my meddling was identical to that of your master, unless you think Free Will and Free Will cancel out, your moanings are meaningless as were those of your master. Besides your own testimony says that Ellistrae arrived *after* the withdrawal began. "

Uvenelei

First Post
A sending to Iuz:
[sblock] Do not do this, Old One! I'd love to see her dead too, but you can't win this. If you allow the rest of the Pact to dismantle your empire, Vecna wins, and we lose. And I do not lose, Old One, never!

If you still insist on this duel against a weaker foe than Vecna, then at least tell me your scheme. You're too cunning to throw your life and power away like this.[/sblock]

Festy_Dog

First Post
Galeda sat in observation of the TEC summit, he was not surprised at Iuz being found guilty, but the following events were a tad hard to stomach. His jaw hung open, not because he was about to eat something, or because he was yelling, or even vomiting (though he probably wasn’t far from it) but because he saw one of the pact members, the very founder of the pact in fact, kill herself in front of all the other pact members.

“So this is why Hachiman insisted on not joining the pact,” he muttered to himself, “Guess Queen Eclavdra can’t really help her people with her essence irrevocably destroyed. What a fine example for all the other drow to follow, a sense of determination which can drive a woman to destroy her own soul rather than give her people the leadership they need. Yep, things could have been done better here.”

He continued watching, though out of morbid curiosity now rather than any urge to have Nippon and Zindia join the pact. He sighed and ran a hand over his face in frustration when Iuz challenged Morwel.

“Well isn’t this grand, a demigod of lies and deception, having been unable to successfully lie and deceive, would seek to take down another powerful being with him. We’re just paving the way for the Whispered One here,” Galeda’s pessimistic mumbling continues, followed by a groan when Morwel accepted the challenge, “Well, that’s everything I need to see.”

Galeda leaned back and telepathically contacted Hachiman with a report on the summit thus far.

Hachiman sat, stringing his bow. Back when he was a mortal the warrior cast were known for their marksmanship before they were known for their skill with the sword. He was no exception, having a far greater mastery of the bow than the sword he often carried. Made from mulberry wood, and heavily enchanted, it had long served him even after he ascended. And now he would need the bow again.

In truth, war was not the only reason people had faith in him. He was also the demigod of agriculture, and when he wasn’t on the battlefield he was granting plentiful crops and filling the fish nets of his faithful. Back when he was mortal, a very long time ago, it was not only his terrifying prowess on the battlefield that he was known for.

But that was not the time for reminiscing, Gallador had granted him an audience, and us much as Hachiman may have despised whatever the vampire lord stood for, he desired even more to minimise the threat pose by the Whispered One.

“The enemy of my enemy may in truth be my enemy, but at least they too want the greater threat dealt with,” he told himself.

Hachiman paused, and his expression changed as Galeda got in contact with him and explained the events at the summit. He shook his head sadly, and then carefully unstringed his bow. He had to take care of the now more pressing matter at hand.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
TO RIKANDUR AND TO KALANYR

Is this the Day We Killed All Our Player Characters? (chuckles)

-

Eilistraee sends a message to both Iuz and Morwel:

Are you both out of your minds?
If Vecna is out there, he's going to sit and watch the show! And laugh!
And who is going to defend and protect the elves, drow, humans and humanoids, if our demipowers are slaughtering each other? Who is going to protect them from Vecna? Or whoever it is.
Don't do this!
Is not the death of Eclavdra enough for you?

Remove ads