• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The 1st IC-thread of the 1st Turn of the 5th IR

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
The Defense of Varna: The Aerial Shield

It is expected that Iuz will unleash Apocalypse from the Sky. Why wouldn't he? Aliador voted Guilty. Aliador, voted for his death and the destruction of his peoples and lands. Why wouldn't Iuz retaliate?

Edena ! :

IC:
First Maid could be found in her quarters. Wrists cut, it were suicide. She left even letter.

"Those who will read this. I'm dead now ... hopefully joined with my Master and God in grave's embrance. In my last words I would like to warn You all ... for danger worse than Iuz's domination, Vecna's eternal slavery or even nameless Menace that devoured gods is lurking in the hearts of peoples of Oerth. It's hypocrisy. You all hate my Master and envy him, for he is true to his inner self, unlike you. You may kill him ...but will never defeat him. Or anyone sharing his faith."

OOC: She was CN.

IC:
Sending reached elven Queen of Aliador. It is from Iuz, coughing violently ... probably he isn't feelig well ... but wich disease could bring down Deity ?!

"As I expected ... You unraveled Your true faces. >cough< Traitors are alvays betrayed. But that Eclavdra betrayed me after becaming ... good, is most funny. You are not worthy of my revenge."

Sending reached also Eclavdra, she may be suprised how weak Iuz's voice seems.

"Great ... how You feel now ? You betrayed Yourself, Your Goddes, Your people ... and in the end You are betraying even Your new beliefs. Congratulations, for moment You fooled me that We were almost friends. Not many ever fooled me, You are unworthy of my vengance."

Iuz's evil voice filled with pain, and weary. Resigned, but not defeated.

Melkor, lord of ALL !:

Drelzna approached King Gallador and spoke with forcibly neutral tone, she seemed repeating these words like some puppet.

"We are forced to retreat ... Lord Gallador. Our clerics will remain in Your command to lend as much help as it is possible, War Maidens will fight and die for defeat of Iuz's enemy ... Vecna. Beware treason ... TEC Pact is filled with most unreliable people, only ones that could be trusted are Ashardalon, who in his might understands importance of Vecna's defeat. And Tempest, who defies all gods equally. I don't know what Lord Acererak's will be but he decided to turn against Vecna ... and I couldn't tell anymore for I don't know rest of them. Will You shelter Iggwilv if Empire fell to it's enemies ? I will die alongside with my brother and Lord."

And she gave small, ornate bottle of purple liquid to Gallador. Powerful energies crackling inside. And smell was raising hunger ... blood hunger.

"Iuz's blessing for You."

OOC:
Within is equivalent of 1 Regular PL of Iuz's divine blood. Bon apetit Gallador. :D

All Iuz's forces retreat to Empire and fortifies themselves against magical, and mundane onslaught. Iuz leading builders end encourages them for greater effort with speeches and personal example. Now all in Empire see how weakened he is, but still struggling and seemingly undeafeated. 3 elPLs of Iuz's Priesstesses will remain, but help only Gallador's forces and other forces that aren't currently at war with Empire of Iuz. Faithful of Iuz's/Gallador's cult are healed for free, others have to pay standard prices. Or convert. :]

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Reality of War

... seems imminent to the people of the Theocracy of the Pale, Ratik, and the Lendore Isles.

Across the Theocracy of the Pale, every able bodied man is drafted, while the women are sent the the Cathedral Fortresses of the Priest-Lords. All the fields are abandoned, tools lay unused, homes and hovels are empty, and cattle graze uninterrupted and uncontrolled across field and neighbors' field alike.
The capital city of Wintershiven overflows with soldiers and refugees. Food is rationed, water is rationed, stringent measures are taken to isolate diseases.
Other towns and cities in the Theocracy, such as Holdworthy, Hatherleigh, Hawkburgh, Landrigard, Elitson, and Stradsett are likewise filled with refugees as the peasant population flees behind their walls for safety, and the local lords muster all their troops and mobilize the militia.
In the cities and towns, every underground wine cellar, vegetable cellar, basement, storm shelter, and anything else that would count is being used to house people. And more underground shelters are being built, as fast as is physically possible. Nobody wants to stay above ground, not even in the great stone cathedral fortresses.
Eventually, if there is sufficient time, the population of the Theocracy will work in 3 shifts, with only one shift above ground at any given time, and the rest in shelters dug out of the solid stone.
The elves of Aliador send great forces to help with the excavation of these shelters, the fortification of cities and towns, and the creation and laying of heavy tarps, soaked with water, on building tops. They also bring in enormous amounts of food and safe water, and they prepare Wintershiven for an assault by fire.
Given the grim reality of Apocalypse from the Sky, there is great fear, and men and elves alike hurry to build the underground shelters. For Wintershiven cannot be protected by an Aerial Shield in the way Varna was, and even were it possible, all the elven mages are currently busy in Varna.

In Ratik, the famed Swanmay Sororities of that country move to guard the border, and the famed Rangers of Ratik join them. Men and women alike mobilize, Marner the capital becomes a sea of spears and swords, underground shelters are built, and a careful watch on the sea is maintained by Ratiks' small fleet.
Across the country, men and women put down their tools and take up their swords. They move their children and infirm to the safety of the fortress city of Ratikhill, the capital of Marner, and other walled towns of the country.
The Faerie of Ratik, a small and potent force, join up with the Swanmay and Rangers along the borders.

In the Lendore Isles, the elves and faerie alike fortify their sacred places. There are no cities here except Lo Reltarma, so the elves retreat to their mystical refuges deep in the forests, warded by the strongest magic the elves could create.
In Lo Reltarma, the elves that remain there remain underground, and attempt to maintain a network of communication through the isles and with Aliador.

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
One month has passed since the gods left. One month that has been a season of serious atmosphere, as people have been trying to get used to the situation. One month of changes in power around the world. And one month of staying quiet and watching the situation for the Circle of Eight. After concluding that the withdrawal of the drow and the related disagreements between various nations were not to be meddled with, the Circle of Eight thinks that it is time to act.

10 Regular PLs of troops will be moved from Vesve Forest to the city of Highfolk to help with matters relating the child refugees, whom will be transported to the Demiplane from Highfolk.

Mordenkainen sends a message to Lord Gallador (also Serpenteye):

[sblock]"We have heard of your crusade agaings the forces of Vecna's allies, and the Circle of Eight and some of our allies would wish to agree to your terms and join the fight beside you. We will be sending somewhat largish amount of troops to help you, and we expect you to hold to your promise about releasing any freed slaves into our custody. We would also be interested in claiming some captured, mostly harmless, mindless undead workers. We see much to be gained by defeating the allies of Vecna before he comes to their aid. We are coming."

80 Regular PLs will be readied and transported from the Vesve Forest to help the battle against Vecna's allies (the rest will stay in defensive positions). These mostly elven forces are to aid other allies in the battle at their best ability, without taking too much risks.

25 Elite PLs and 2 Epic PLs and Mordenkainen himself (2 Epic PLs) will also join the regular armies. They are not taking any risks as of now, and will try to stay in as safe positions as possible. If needed, they will help in fortifying the defense of Valion Gool. Very large percentage of the Elite forces are wizards or other spellcasters of human and elven in origin.

The forces left home will be on alert for any incoming attack, and are to inform the troops immediately if any controlled territory is to be attacked by anyone, so that they can be recalled if necessary.[/sblock]

OOC: Been a bit busy lately, so haven't posted. I should have more free time after this week is over.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
A very important and very final statement from Eclavdra

At the TEC Summit, Eclavdra receives Iuzs' sending.
Shortly thereafter, she receives the news that a lesser or intermediate diety is on Gibenei, that Iuz was opposing him, that Iuz has been forced to retreat from Gibenei, and that the Elven Imperial Navy thinks it's Vecna out there.

Eclavdra stands, and addresses the entire Assembly.
Her voice is soft, gentle, and stricken.

'My Lords and Ladies, Lady Shadow was quite right. A moment of Light does not assuage centuries of Darkness.'
'I fear my spirit rotted and withered in the fire long ago, and only a hollow shell remains, which you see as my physical body. And, there is no redemption.'
'I have betrayed Lolth.'
'Now I have betrayed all of you. For had I voted innocent, Iuzs' forces would yet be on Gibenei, and the enemy there yet withheld from striking at Oerth.'
'I have betrayed my own people again. Indeed, the Lady Shadows' words are proven true. True at last.'
'With my last breath, I plead with you for sanity and reason: do not strike at Iuz! Your petty politics mean nothing now. Forces greater than our comprehension come to destroy us all, and you must lead the fight against them.'
'However, my time is over. For me there is no out. For me, there is only an Ending.'
'Heed my last words, and unite. For only in unity can you survive, and my people survive, and the World survive.'

And with that, Eclavdra draws forth her Morganti Blade, and stabs herself through the heart with it.
The Morganti, instantly kills her, and instantly and irrevocably kills her spirit as well.
All that Eclavdra was, is, or could have been, ceases to exist.
In one moment of tragedy and blood, Eclavdra makes her final plea for unity.

The Lord of the Yuan-Ti and the King of the Ice Elves stagger back in shock.

Lord Leathnor of Aliador just sits there, stunned and face gone white, but the Lady Gwyndilyn breaks down and collapses in tears, falling out of her chair with a crash.

(Serpenteye, please note this was the real Eclavdra and not the simulacrum. Eclavdra really is dead, there is no afterlife for her - good or bad, and I must take a new PC.
Eclavdra tried to become a woman of ethics and morality. But unfortunately, in wartime ethics and morality do not apply, and they cannot be made to apply. Eclavdra could not resolve this conflict, could not handle the reality of war, even as she was forced to participate in that war.
Normally, IRs are a frivolous affair. But I am making an exception here. This is about as serious as I've ever gotten in an IR. I will return to a more frivolous approach, but for the moment grim seriousness is the rule.)

-

EDIT: Welcome back, Xael.

Last edited:

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
OOC:
If Iuz's representative is present still. Not killed, or put in jail. :(

IC:
Imp only sighed.

"Evil acts bring sour fruits ... Who seed's wind, gathers storm. Farewell doomed Eclavdra. We are all dying alone ..."

Little deviling walked towards Eclavdra and checked her pulse. Then sat near dead drow, holding her hand in both his little paws. Red light started to gather in his eyes, hate and fury resembling that emanating constantly from Iuz's eyes boiling in them. And make no further move.

OOC:
If someone would approach Imp in evil intent, he will scrath his finger on Morganti blade, ending his existence. He is prepared to do it on slightest provocation. ;)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Lord Leathnor of Aliador helps Lady Gwyndilyn of Aliador to her feet, and holds her a moment.
Then he excuses both himself and her from the TEC Summit, explaining that they have a people to protect, a people that are now threatened by a likely attack, even an Apocalypse from the Sky, and that they have to deal with that.
And the Lord and Lady, disappear in a flash of silver light.

The Lord of the Yuan-Ti immediately swears Fealty to the Wolf, then disappears from the conference. (Thus, the Yuan-Ti will go to Paxus on Turn 2.)
The King of the Ice Elves, mouth agape, finally recovers his wits, and declares his nation will stand with Greater Nyrond (thus, the Ice Elves will go to Bugbear on Turn 2.) Then he leaves the conference.

The drow passing through Withdrawal in the Hospice of Stars are (hopefully) unaffected, under the care of Eilistraee (I'm retaining them.)

-

Aliador withdraws it's forces from Gibenei at once, after they see that Iuz has done so.
Aliador expels the remaining merchants and diplomats of the Empire of Iuz from it's realm.

The Ambassador from Aliador to the Empire of Iuz, residing in Doraaka, teleports out with his staff, returning to the safety of Varna.
The elves of Aliador, merchants and otherwise, who were in the Empire of Iuz at the time of the vote, flee for the border. Hopefully, at least some of them make it.

And a decent, honorable burial is given to the First Maid. (Believe it or not.)
The Lord and Lady are in attendance, along with many of the nobility of Aliador, and diplomats from the Theocracy of the Pale, Ratik, and the Lendore Isles.

The Lord and Lady look down at her grave, holding hands, and the Lord speaks:

'We pray to the Seldarine that she is at peace.'
'We pray to the Seldarine that her death, does not foretell for us.'
'We pray to the Seldarine, that her passing does not foretell the passing of the World.'

The Lady speaks quietly:

'She was loyal to Iuz. She was faithful in life, to the end of her life.'
'We hope she rests in peace.'
'We pray for peace. Not for myself or my lord: we are not worthy.'
'We pray for peace, for our stricken people and our stricken World.'

Kalanyr

Explorer
Faerinaal will approach Eclavdra making no move to attack the Imp. He will simply kneel beside her and mourn.

"You may have been our friend only a short while, but your passing will grieve my lady greatly. I would wish that you rest peacefully but it would be meaningless. "

and to the Imp

"Your master was directly responsible for this, I will not forget."

Bugbear

First Post
Some Official Matters....

First, Rhynnon dispatches 1 elite PL to Gibenei to determine if the clerics there are in fact receiving high level magics and where they are getting them from. They will remain for one week, and avoid any conflicts remaining unseen. They are there only to observe. Once the week has passed they will return to Rel Mord to give their report.

Second, The humanitarian forces which are in the Celestial Imperium will continue to provide food and aid to those who need it, but will take no side in the civil war, nor will they attack anyone except in self-defense.

Finally, with Eclavdra's unexpected passing Rhynnon declares a day of mourning throughout Greater Nyrond. Some do mourn her death, but many more, especially in the elven forests take this as a day of celebration. The Ice Elves of the Adri are welcome to become part of Greater Nyrond. They must however swear fealty to the throne as the other elven nation have.

Princess Lanfear, representing the Gallador`s Concord on the conference, is stunned for the moment, than she laughs, it takes some time before she stops:

"So, this is the end of Eclavdra?! Isn`t it ironic that being once so great has chosen such a pathetic death!? It seems that she was nothing without her precious Godess! Now we are all supposed to weep, right? Well, at least we have some entertainment at this disastrous conference!"

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
I'm retaining control of the Yuan-Ti and Ice Elves until the end of Turn 1.

-

There is no celebration of Eclavdras' death in Aliador.
There is a general sense that her passing may foretell a greater passing, which might include the elves.
When the Elves of Aliador find out that elves elsewhere are celebrating Eclavdras' death, they are saddened, and in a few cases infuriated.

In the Lendore Isles, an impromptu celebration of Eclavdras' death starts. The celebration doesn't last long, for the elves of Aliador arrive and forcibly halt it and rebuke the elves involved. There are angry words exchanged, and both sides depart from the scene in hostility.

The good drow in Aliador and those few drow, who have passed through Withdrawal and are now good aligned, go into mourning.

Eilistraee is unable to mourn, for if she mourns it will cause the drow in Withdrawal to suffer. Eilistraee continues her 24 hour task of trying to bring all the drow through Withdrawal and to good alignment.

Remove ads