(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 4 (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uvenelei

First Post
So wait, has everything started yet? Are the robots killing people right now as I'm sitting here not understanding things?
How are they making it to Lyrn? Boat? Magic? Jetpacks?
If the turn hasn't started yet, can I change my PL allocations?

:confused:

edit: More questions.
How fast is Red Steel production?
How light is Red Steel?
Can it withstand white hot robot fury?

Last edited:

Rhialto

First Post
Suddenly, the image of a handsome man clad in black appears in the sky. He smiles, and then proceeds to speak in a calm, quiet tone.

"Greetings to all. I am the immortal High Master of Darkness, servant of Tharizdun and head of the Black Brotherhood. As you are no doubt aware, we and the Shade are responsible for spreading the poisoning that is the Blood Rot beyond any hope of stopping it. We plan on continuing to do this for the forseeable future, until all lies suppine under its devastating decay..."

He pauses here, and shuts his eyes.

"This is of course the part where I name my demands--what you can to do to make us stop. And true to form, here it is--You can die. Die in droves, weak and pathetic, calling to your gods for mercy. For the Age of Elder Evil is upon you."

He glances up, a gleam in his eyes that is most unsettling.

"Oerth perishes, as it has been its destiny to do since the time of its creation! The time of unravelling is at hand! THARIZDUN IS IMPRISONED NO MORE!"

"To all our opponents, who formed your vast armies, and called martial law to stop us--thank you for doing exactly what we hoped. The cycle of violence and degeneration you called up, the very embodiment of the Vicious Spiral, has weakened the prison of our God enough to free him. Again our humble gratitude. This could not have been accomplished without your all-too eager assitance. We played you like instruments, and you produced the sweetest sounds we ever heard."

The High Master of Darkness beams triumphantly.

"AND PEOPLE OF OERTH--THE IMMORTAL MIND OF THARIZDUN!!!"

And then--a direct mind-to-mind sending occurs between Tharizdun and everyone on the planet. The immortal, maddened mind of Tharizdun bombards all with images of extraplanar decay and a malice that has existed for millenia. For his worshippers and like-minded beings this sweeter than honey.

For everyone else, this is indescribable horror. The incomprehensible mind of Tharizdun batters and bruises their psyches, causing many to go mad.

And this is just the Lord of Elder Elemental Evil's way of saying "Hi, kids, I'm back!"....

dagger

Adventurer
Not trying to whine or anything, but I thought it was an interlude not an 'bad guy action phase'?

dagger

Adventurer
<ooc>
I just sent you an email Edena about my NPC's and a small task I would like to perform.

Would you like me to send you a revised template, or does it all make sense?

Thanks

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
Edena, I know with 9th level psionics you can create a small artificial plane (Genesis, right?). Can the same be done with 9th level magic?

JohnBrown

First Post
Edena, question

(I also posted some of this on the Interlude thread.)

Edena,

I have a question. If you say I have to leave the Cairn, O.K., I accept that. However, I would like to make a few points:

From economic, resource, life-sustaining point of view, the Cairn Hills doesn’t really rely on the Nyr Dyv for very much. In fact, other than as transportation route, none of the powers (Furyondy, the Urnst States, The Shield Lands, The Domain of Greyhawk before it was eaten by the Shade) would have been relying on the Nyr Dyv at the start of the game. It’s was far too dangerous. It is chock-full-o-monsters; big bad dragon turtles and the like.

Other than small amount of fishing, the creatures of the Cairn probably couldn’t care less about the Nyr Dyv (o.k., the Rhennee might care, but you get my point :) ). If I had to abandon Cairn, then it would only be logical that everyone around the Nyr Dyv would have to abandon their territories their too. William would loose nearly a third of Furyondy and the Shield Lands; The DU would loose a big chunk of Urnst, etc. So while I understand that I might have to pull back from the shore some, abandon Tenser’s Tower, etc., the reason for abandoning the entire Cairn Hills, while the Isles of Woe – which are sitting literally in the middle of this big stinking mess – is taking reduced amount of damage is a little unclear.

I also agree with dagger, in that I thought the interlude was more or less role-play. If it was “Bad-Guy Action Phase”, why didn’t I get to do anything? I’m a bad guy too :). Seriously though, the Shade and Vecna, literally just got their heads handed to them (or other in the case of Vecna it might have been his Hand or Eye :) ). Yet, the Shade still manage to poison hundreds and hundreds of square miles using only 9th level magic? During the Greyhawk Wars, the best Iuz could manage with this tacit was a 60 mile by 80 mile section of the Vesve Forrest. after working on it for a year. Also, how long was this Interlude?

Edena, please, please understand that these aren’t complaints. I am perfectly willing to stand by your decisions. I am just requesting clarification :)

William Ronald

Explorer
The Kevellond League and the Oerth Alliance will take action to purify the Nyr Dyv.

Murlynd, Keoghtom and Heward will capture and kill any Black Brotherhood agents that they can, starting in the Kevellond League. They will use fire to solidify Blood Waste and turn it over to Alzem for safe keeping. The first priority is to stop the poisoning, and killing the Black Brotherhood and Shade agents spreading the Blood Waste is incidental. Edena, since it seems you have ruled it is IMPOSSIBLE to capture and question Black Brotherhood agents, we will just see how good they are at dying.

Rhialto, the only reason you have Tharizdun is Kalanyr became a good guy. Before the Thread started, I was even polite enough to ask Edena why he had Tharizdun and not you as it would be more appropriate. Now, however the policy has changed. If the Shade and its allies are trying to kill the planet and showing no mercy, they will receive an even fiercer attack than in any previous turn.

Agents are dispatched to other allied lands and do the same. The other Oerth Alliance countries will take similar actions, unless they say otherwise. (I can fairly say they will try to stop the pollution of the planet and their lands.)

Advice on how to stop this threat is shared with every nation and faction on Oerth not aligned with Vecna or the Shade.

Serpenteye

First Post
The Dark Union of Oerth takes similar measures as the Kevellond. All the new infections of the blood goo in DU lands are cauterized with magical fire. Agents of hostile powers in our lands are hunted down and destroyed.

Meawhile production of bloodsteel is increased. The manufactured weapons and armour are put in secure and isolated underground facilities and in mini-demiplaces (made with the Genesis power)

Last edited:

Uvenelei

First Post
As William stated, the Crescent is hunting down anyone who spreads the goo in it's lands. Any new pools not created by us will be destroyed. As before, we are maintaining the same level of security with our pool. We also wish to know whether or not the red steel will stop the high tech energy weapons of the crazy robots; divination spells are cast, scientists are consulted, and only if need be are tests performed by antagonizing the robots.

dagger

Adventurer
The Kingdom of Ulek is going to also try and prevent anyone from spreading anything within the Uleks and the Kron hills. Anyone caught destoying the planet further is killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads