(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 1b)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
TO MR DRACO

I received this e-mail from Serpenteye:

The Union of Oerth and the Humanoid Alliance are holding our attacks for now.

Serpenteye

- - -

I am ruling, therefore, that the Attack was Held.

kaboom

First Post
Re: Rulings and comments where appropriate

Edena_of_Neith said:

kaboom

In that case I'll use 5 months like so:

Month 1: Create 100,000 pocket dimentions. Hide in one of them.
Month 2: Summon 100,000 PL of outsiders.
Month 3: Resurrect 100,000 PL of the dead.
Month 4: Create new race of beings: the living Spelljammer. It can regenerate 1000 points of damage per round, sustain the crew with eatable snap-off appendages, put people in suspended animation, and shoot bursts of spellfire at enemy ships.
Month 5: create a Giant Ooze that can morph into any form. These things can be commanded by any Illithid or any Chosen of Mystra, but the Chosen takes precedence. These things can not attack any living being, for it is TOTALY against there natures.
Month 6:Go home with the new army.

ANSWER:

You can do all of these things. Consider your first project begun.
However, you may change your mind at any time, drop the project, and accomplish something that takes less time to do (a week-long action, a day-long action, an hour-long action, etc.)

Furthermore, I would advise against creating pocket dimensions just so you can hide in them.
I have been very specific in stating that pocket dimensions are no protection against 11th level magical scrying.
They really are not the protection they are made out to be - not against 11th level magic.
Against 9th level magic and below, they are great.
Against 10th level magic, so so.
Against 11th level magic, very little protection.

Okay, I'll spend that month that I was using for pocket dimensions summoning another 100,000 PL of angels.

All the projects should now be complete. How did they go?

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Since Kalanyr has declared he has released all of the prisoners from Anabstercorian's Power except Mina, I declare Anabstercorian's Power REARMED.

Anabstercorian regains 50 percent of his 11th Level Infrastructure.

Mina accounts for 25 percent of Anabstercorian's 11th Level Infrastructure (she is very important!)
The 11th level magical items, artifacts and relics (including the Ancient Staff of True Penumbra), and other items account for the other 25 percent.

Kalanyr has not declared he is returning any of these, yet.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Thats what I meant by very shortly. ie I suspected Anab was up to something that was beneficial or at least not Baneful.

Hmmm. I guess I should be clearer in my posts.

Day 2 Action
Calling Ellisterae's Avatar.
No Domination, no set time period. She can stay as long as she likes and go whenever. And do whatever she pleases.

"Oh Lady of Blades, we ask your aid in this time of darkness. We ask for your blessing and support."

Kalanyr

Explorer
I'll release all items except the True Staff.

I want to find out what its really up to and what it wants.

(Once I have this knowledge I release it too. (providing the Knowledge is not baneful to myself or my allies.))

Last edited:

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Ok, I try to describe my magic actions I wanted to start from beginning (mentioned somthing about this in mail to Edena, but as you see I fail to describe it well).

This is hour action I am taking each turn, unless otherwise stated:

I also had in mind to use our magics to purify spirits
of those dead earlier/vapor, and those 'dying' in furure wars in helping them to reach nature's harmony. Web enchantment for Forgotten realms Magic had 'Druids Grove', something akin to effect here, but a bit more efficienly. Purpose is not focible alter these spirits, but to let them enjoy silent peace and harmony with nature when dead (or those in that 'not quite dead' state), removing possible of them turning undead, suffer, hate, become more red goo, and such nastiness. If they are resurrected they are again free to make choices, but they are given possible to choose other path they saw fit to follow earlier. This harmonious state makes such willing change possible (works as free atonement of sorts).

Nature can be healed with lower ranking magic, it just takes more time. But living creature's and their spirits in state of inharmony are constantly warping this healing, and much harder to cure fast enough, so this could be job for this higher magic.

Alyx

First Post
No, no no! Lost a huge response message :)

All right, retype. I'll be a bit briefer, alas.

My 11th magic action for this new turn:

I give my people a modified form of the viewpoint magic, giving them full control over their new abilites. Parents and/or guardians control the abilites of their children by will until they reach the age of 13. Parent-approved guardiens (teachers, babysitters) can share control with a approving parents/Guardians. Moderators are appointed over large populations with the power to remove and return the ability to shapshift. They are appointed by 11th level mages under the guidence of a 'community' vote.

Done.

Questions and actions for Edena:

I continue to deploy my defenses/attacks as I e-mailed to you, at the new power level.
Roughly, how large are the populations of Celestail, Dragon Isle, and the Church of Mercy?
Roughly, how large are the whale and dolphin populations on Oerth after the recent disasters?
Finally, does shapechanging allow my people to change back from the formless mist left after the vapourization of a good creature?

Thank you. Sorry about the low quality - it was better the first time, and better well thought out :)

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Kalanyr said:
Heck even if I hadn't researched 11th in turn 6 I'd still be as well off as I currently am since i could have done a Zelda ie claimed no power and been awarded 11th. Why do I have the feeling if the UoO had solely gained 11th I'd be rotting somewher by now? And free 11th would not have been given out.

OCC:

Please, don't refer to my situation, when you feel bad over 11th level magic. I feel bad about gaining it.

Now, feel free to take it from me, feel free to get those extra points, and use them for researching 12th level magic or something.

I don't like to feel like stealing someone's deserved power.
How you like my offer Kalanyr, I drop back 9th level power, you get those extra points for I'd been wasting actually researching
it.

If dm sanctifies this OC deal, you are welcome.

Added:

Oh, right, too much staying up and I had some tired over reaction.
Sorry for tone. Still, offer stands.

Last edited:

Remove ads