Iron DM 2009 - FINAL MATCH - it's over!

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
I'll have to take a look at how 4e runs in high levels--I've never played or run anything in 4e, and I honestly don't know how to get started.

We've found that the speed of combat, at least, seems to mostly increase with the amount of status effects being thrown around. I've developed a pretty decent system for tracking them on my laptop as I run combats, so it doesn't take too much time.

There's also a wide variance depending on how long your players take on their turns. Our players vary anywhere from taking about 15 seconds on an average turn to a minute or three.

As to where to get started, I'd say get the PHB and look online for Raiders of Oakhurst (an EN-made adventure), whip up some characters and give it a go. I was pretty sold just by running test combats with stuff put together by ENWorlders before the game came out.

SigmaX0

First Post
I just wanted to say a big thank you to all the contestants and judges for a tremendously entertaining competition, I enjoyed reading all the entries and judgments.

Iron Sky I love your writing and congrats on a well earned victory!

Sparky

Congrats Iron Sky!

Thanks to the judges and the other participants for a fun Iron DM. It was the first time I participated, and I'll think about it again for the future.

So.

Who do I send my ingredient ideas to?

Wik

First Post
You and me both, Iron Sky. I should start putting together a list of them, or something. Y'know, in preparation.

Congrats on your win. And it makes me feel rewarded to know that, if I had to lose, at least I lost to the eventual contest winner. ;)

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Well done, all.
Something occurred to me -- far too late to do anything about it, but I wanted to get it off my chest.

Next time you're being all magnanimous and honorable, at least request the same treatment for yourself! IMHO you could have gotten good use from a few extra hours, and there's no harm in asking. I've been kicking myself for not thinking of it in time... but there's always next time.

"May that next time be soon!", -- N

Thasmodious

First Post
Iron Sky said:
Heh, when I was in the shower today

Wik said:
You and me both, Iron Sky.

:eek:

Congrats to Iron Sky and IVV on a great last round and Iron Sky for the Iron DM crown. It was a fun competition and I would definitely do it again. Thanks to Nifft for getting it going and the judges in general for running it throughout.

Remove ads