• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Iron DM 2009 - FINAL MATCH - it's over!

Wik

First Post
Well, Nifft, since you have no opponent, I guess you win by default. Which is good for you, since I didn't really believe the nachos made for a balanced/believable opponent.

Yeah. Hey, Nifft... your ingredients are 1) Gnomish Dominatrix; 2) Animated Statue; 3) Ketchup Chips; 4) Plastic Surgery Gone Wrong; 5) Funny smell; and 6) Why Wik is Awesome.

....Go!

;)

*cough*

Sir Ebbet Whywik is a great paladin hero, but he's missing. PCs are hired to find him, cos an orc horde is approaching and heroes are kinda needed. And Ebbet, as is probably needs to be pointed out, is awesome.

Investigation reveals that Ebbet had been acting strangely recently - sneaking off to seedy areas of the city in the middle of the night, etc.

Ebbet was seen in the redlight district wearing a concealing hooded cloak and carrying ketchup chips - the dietary vows of his order forbid deepfried foods cos they lead to pudgy paladins, but the chef will tell the PCs that the chips he ordered were the special favourite of Gilda Fiddlesticks, gnome dominatrix. Ebbet's dirty secret was that he'd been a client of hers for some years. Hey, paladins have needs too. She'll try to run, PCs will have to get through her bodyguards and catch her to question her. PCs chasing her will be attacked by an animated statue of Ebbet (sculpted after he killed a dragon threatening the city)

It seems that Ebbet had been suffering mid-life crisis, and she'd recommended a chirurgeon (Dr Skenge) to help restore his hair, remove wrinkles, lift saggy bits, etc. Gilda hasn't heard of him since, and is worried, especially with the orcs coming and given that she was attacked by thugs yesterday.

Turns out Skenge messed up and Ebbet died on the table. The problem was that he tried to 'borrow' some bits of Ebbet figuring that parts of a powerful paladin would help boost the flesh golem he's building in the basement, and he took a bit too much. PCs can discover the hidden basement in Skenge's surgery by following the funny smell that's emanating from down there (Ebbet's been missing for a few days, after all...).

They'll fight the golem, and capture Skenge, who'll claim that when Ebbet died he put his spirit in a statue for safe keeping, hoping to bring him back later. The statue escaped, and had enough of Ebbet's mind left in it to attack people who he percieved as threatening Gilda (ain't love tragic?) So the PCs killed him accidentally, and now his soul is irretrievable and beyond resurrection. Oops.

PCs then need to fake up a convincing death scene for Ebbet before the orcs arrive, since having the whole story (honestly - a gnome with a riding dog crop - he had noble daughters throwing themselves at him left, right, and centre...) get out would be too embarrassing for the paladins and demoralising for the city, (and awkward for the PCs) with war looming. Ebbet's meant to be awesome, after all.

How do I do, Wik?

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
So, my entry is up here. I actually found this one easier than the last one - the ingredients just synergized better to me. I originally didn't have the Giant Mafia in there though, so I had to do some serious re-working to integrate them.

Hope you guys enjoy it. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with IVV!

Edit: In a further note, this one took much less time than the last few to write - probably only about 6 hours total, including brainstorming, editing, revision, and post formatting. Either I'm getting faster at this or I'm burned out and can't see some catastrophic flaw(s) with what I just wrote.

Regardless, it's been a blast!

Last edited:

Remove ads