• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Iron dm summer champion announced!

Rune

Once A Fool
Incognito! Welcome back! I'm sorry that you're at a point in your life that prohibits gaming and I hope you get a chance to get back into it before you go crazy.

Good luck in your corporate ladder-climbing, and enjoy your lurking!

Edit--If you're still lurking, could you drop me an email? It's in my profile.

Last edited:

seasong

First Post
Re: Rumors of my demise...

Hey incognito! Sorry to hear you're busy, but glad to hear that it's a good kind of busy :).

Good luck on coming back - it just doesn't feel right without that dopey dog avatar around!
ohhh...and Wulf - good luck, don't tell anyone but I'm betting my hard earned gp on you!
I cry. ;) :p

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Re: Re: Rumors of my demise...

seasong said:

Me too... I hate to lose another man's money.

For what it's worth-- I won't have as much time, and the entry will invariably suffer, but if I get ingredients before 5:00 PM today, I could have my entry in before 5:00 PM Wednesday (just before I fly off on bizness-- so I won't know how I did till Friday... eww...).

Wulf

Rune

Once A Fool
Wulf, your match against Nemm will have to wait until sometime after your trip, so relax and enjoy it (as much as you can enjoy a business trip).

Quickbeam

Explorer
While we all wait for the battles to continue, I just wanted to chime in with my own thoughts on the First Round entries. Maybe it's the wannabe judge in me coming to the surface :D.

lightful: I generally don't enjoy stories with godlike bents to them, but yours is very creative. Additionally, I enjoyed the Bielaja people and your description of their culture. Keep at it -- good things are in your future.

anonystu: I absolutely loved your d20M setting, and the backdrop for your adventure was fantastic!! Kudos on being brave enough to step outside the box. If your entry had been submit as less of an overview and more of a story, you might have prevailed.

WinnipegDragon: You provide the reader with incredible detail on the city of Wadith and its four distinct quarters. Paring the entry down a bit, and providing more PC options/hooks will be the keys next time around for you.

seasong: One of your strongest entries to date IMHO. I felt that both you and I presented somewhat lackluster adventures in our Spring Finals contest. However, this story was interesting and fun on a number of levels. Good job!

Greybar: Two words -- "ooze stew." You've permanently burned this image into my olfactory senses. A fine effort given the toughest set of First Round ingredients to my mind.

cool hand luke: Keep it up my good man. Your cagey carnie freaks and their scheme to sneak an ioun stone into town, were great!

nemmerle: I was truly taken in by your story. The believable and detailed NPC's; the layered fabric within your adventure; and clever ingredient use -- all excellent!! Best of all, I loved the Cthulhuesque feel to everything. Just a bit of subtle horror hidden behind the scenes each step of the way. You sound like the type of DM I admire, namely one who provides a rich canvas and allows the party to paint its own desires.

Wulf: My favorite entry among those offered up thus far. Darn near everything felt unique, bizarre, intriguing, spooky and totally fascinating. This is why I mentioned you as someone I'd love to see in a Tournament of Champions, and as one of Iron DM's most formidable contestants.

Congrats to those who have advanced into Round Two, and big props to Rune for a very impressive job as Chairman so far!!

Rune

Once A Fool
Quickbeam said:

Congrats to those who have advanced into Round Two, and big props to Rune for a very impressive job as Chairman so far!!

Heh heh. Chairman Rune. I like that. Now, all I need is a big pepper to bite into.

Edit--well, since this is Iron DM, maybe an edible d20 of some sort.

Can someone photoshop up an image of Chairman Kaga taking a bite out of a big d20?

Last edited:

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Rune said:
Wulf, your match against Nemm will have to wait until sometime after your trip, so relax and enjoy it (as much as you can enjoy a business trip).

Well... It IS a trip out to the beautiful campus of Dreamworks for another review of Shrek II. Don't worry about me. ;)

Wulf

Talix

Explorer
Wulf Ratbane said:

Well... It IS a trip out to the beautiful campus of Dreamworks for another review of Shrek II. Don't worry about me. ;)

Hey, any chance you can give a release date on that? :)

To all of the contestants so far, good work! There's been a lot of great stuff posted here that I haven't had time to comment on, but I've definitely enjoyed reading about it. :cool:

Seasong, you continue to be my local hero, although I gotta say Wulf's entry is definitely going to be yoinked as well. :D

Remove ads