Iron Heroes: A Saga of Might

Shayuri

First Post
Vela nods approval at Wade and puts a hand on the anchor chain, shifting it just a little to test how it reacts to force on it. The heavy, weathered iron links barely move at all. Encouraged, Vela carefully hooks the toes of one foot, then the other, into the holes of the links and starts climbing in smooth, sure motions.

Abruptly however her weight overcomes the friction between the hoops of metal, and some slack in the line allows the whole column to settle slightly, coaxing a groan of scraping iron and a slosh of water!

(OOC - Can I use Invisible Castle from now on? Seriosly, I have the worst luck with Enworld's roller.)
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad


mfloyd3

Explorer
Xoria listens breathlessly, waiting for the sound of footsteps on the deck.

OOC: Listen check (+4). If she hears footsteps approaching, she is planning to create a distraction.
 

Walking Dad

First Post
Defense 13 (FF13), HP 34/34, F +5,R+4,W+4; Ini +2 ; Fury Pool 0/12; DR 1d4

Olmar listens, his eyes searching for a weapon...

[sblock=OOC]

Listen +7 (is this a free action?)

Do we have any weapon with us?

If not, everything near to improvise?

If he hears something: stoke rage (full action if possible, move, if not)


----
Olmar

Reserve Points: 29 / 34

Pick (gripped with both hand and Power attack 1):
1d20+4 - 1d6+6 - 20/x4

In berserker rage:
1d20+5 - 1d6+8 - 20/x4
[/sblock]
 

Dr Simon

Explorer
There is a pause. You can hear some vague murmuring from somewhere inside the ship, but there is no immediate alarm.

"Ramardas' Beard," hisses Wade, "I t'ought you was da stealthy one, woman! Get movin', we need ta get aboard, fast."

[sblock=OOC]
Re: weapons. you were able to smuggle daggers and other small weapons past the guards. Olmar still has his pick, it looks enough like a tool (which it is) to fit the work party disguise. Someone still has the sickle of Montor Roth, Wade no longer has his spear.

I have no idea where Wade's accent is going, BTW :confused:
[/sblock]
 

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Thought it might be good to clarify positions.

Vela is at the top of the anchor chain, level with the gunwhales of the ship.
Wade is behind her, abdout halfway up the anchor chain.

Everyone else is down in the boat.
 

Dr Simon

Explorer
Vela deftly slips onto the deck of the ship. Wade resumes his ascent of the anchor chain, gesturing for Xoria, then Olmar to follow him.

As Vela hides in the shadows, a door to the forecastle opens and a sailor steps out. He doesn't seem to have noticed Vela, as he begins whistling a jaunty tune and relieving himself off the side of the ship (not the side where the boat is!)
 

Walking Dad

First Post
Defense 13 (FF13), HP 34/34, F +5,R+4,W+4; Ini +2 ; Fury Pool 0/12; DR 1d4

Fastening his weapon to his back, Olmar waits for Xoria to move, ready to follow her.

[sblock=OOC]

Atletics (Climb) +8


----
Olmar

Reserve Points: 29 / 34

Pick (gripped with both hand and Power attack 1):
1d20+4 - 1d6+6 - 20/x4

In berserker rage:
1d20+5 - 1d6+8 - 20/x4
[/sblock]
 


Shayuri

First Post
Vela deftly slips onto the deck of the ship. Wade resumes his ascent of the anchor chain, gesturing for Xoria, then Olmar to follow him.

As Vela hides in the shadows, a door to the forecastle opens and a sailor steps out. He doesn't seem to have noticed Vela, as he begins whistling a jaunty tune and relieving himself off the side of the ship (not the side where the boat is!)

Baring her teeth in an unconscious snarl, Vela creeps up behind the sailor. Her bare feet whisper all but soundlessly on the planks of the deck, and her hands are held out before her, ready to clap around the sailor's mouth as she grabs him from behind.
 

Remove ads

Top