D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion 5E conversion (OOC)

SunGold

First Post
I'm aware that Corsa has 1 hp, which is why she threw the dagger. She's not staying in melee.

The cloud doesn't cover the whole bridge. It doesn't even catch the hobgoblins right now. And if we disengage, that means they can easily catch us and attack, since we only get to move 30'.

With the hobs moving away, and only two left here to fight (and Harb could still do his javelin in the door trick to try and hold the second one in the building for a round or two), I'm not convinced that trying to run is the best bet. At least not until the hobs are off the bridge on the far side.

Greenmtn

Explorer
OK lets see what we can do in a round or two while Aubrin gets them off the bridge and go from there. Worst case scenario we die a glorious death.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I think we are more on the same page than it might seem. I'm not suggesting we don't do any attacking. I just think we should push forward and be very defensive while we're at it. That goblin alone still has more HP than just about any three of us put together. That Hobgoblin very nearly has more HP than all of us put together. AND they won't be easy to hit. If we can kill any of them, great, but getting across and blowing the bridge is ultimately more important. You're absolutely right that often the best defense is a good offense.

SunGold

First Post
Fitz: We're in total agreement about priorities. I have zero interest in fighting the enemies on the bridge. I was just saying that we should give them a round or so to move toward Aubrin, since they're not in the fog cloud, and *then* book it. I think a lot of us would go down between their opp attacks and then regular attacks if we tried to flee right now.

Harb's javelin means that hob in the building can't attack for at least this round, since he'll have to use his action to try and break out. So all I was saying is: let's get ready to run, and wail on G1 in the meantime. Flint could toss a fire bolt; Lal could hit from reach with his halberd, and Sister Grace is sturdy enough to come give him a slam with her mace.

If people are on the fence about attacking because of fog cloud: Loosh is last in init, so none of our attacks are at disadvantage till next round.

Fog cloud was a really good choice though. Hopefully it'll mean less damage to us this round.

I am also hoping that since eayres has realized how brutally over a barrel we are here, that hob in the building will turn out to be a mook, not a Hulk. We don't know what kind it is yet.

Greenmtn: Have fun and be safe! I saw this on Ridiculousness a few weeks ago (don't judge meeee) and I physically recoil when I think of it:

[video=youtube;VOKJTI1qJWw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOKJTI1qJWw[/video]

Remove ads